“Don't stop here”

Motel 6 North Platte
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
“Don't stop here”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is probably the nastiest hotel I have been in. Smelled like old smoke, stained carpets and walls. Best of all the room was filthy. Not just unclean it was disgusting. Hair in the shower sink and bathroom, it looks like they had not done a deep clean in years. The build up of dirt and filth by the walls was horrible. This place reminded me of a crack flop house. I literally slept in my clothes only using the white sheets. Run don't walk. Go stay at the motel 6 in Kearney about 45 minutes east. Please see my review

Room Tip: Here is a tip, don't choose this motel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Bubbaskyjacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

First i want to say EVERYONE was very friendly and helpful. We got in on the 16th, moving here from another state and had food that needed to be either frozen or thrown away. We asked the desk clerk if we went and purchased a small chest freezer could we have it in our room. She said yes, no problem. So we did.
My fiancee drives truck and is only around every few days or so and a short time at that. Well 5 days into our original 2wk stay as we wait for our apartment, we get told we can't have the freezer in our room. Well my fiancee is out of town, we are out of money for the freezer if we can't keep it.
Needless to say the manager got it okay'ed for us to have it. We left early anyway.
The beds are old and uncomfortable; cleanliness is NOT priority but they said they're training new housekeepers. Same thing Days Inn said. The motel was very noisy but for the price you can't expect much. Hospitality was their strong point.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank ChicaB B
Oakland, California
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The young lady at the front desk took her time when I asked alot of questions, she also informed me of all the restaurants that delivered. very nice girl and it makes tired folks feel welcome and safe.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank bowhuntr2934
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Even though this particular Motel 6 has not been updated it is still clean and a good place to spend the night. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. There are a lot of places to eat and get gas near by. This motel seems to be popular and I used my Motel 6 app on my iPhone to make my reservation. I am glad I did because they were out of non-smoking rooms when I checked in. I had the feeling that they fill up most nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Japotter
Mandan, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I WOULD REALLY SUGGEST YOU FIND ANOTHER HOTEL. I HAD TO STAY IN A HANDICAPPED ROOM AND WAS VERY PRICY FOR THE QUALITY OF ROOM.
I stayed there one night too many...glad it was only one night....THE new air toilet sprayed fecease and urine all over as it burped to flush. I could not believe how unsanitary it was. all over me...the floor...and the room.

Room Tip: the fecease or poo and urine flys all over when you flush the toilet DO NOT STAY HERE.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MargieAnnDuppong

Travelers are raving about these North Platte hotels

Delta, Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped late at night, it looked a little stecky on the outside but we were all tired, so we checked in. The room was clean. The bed was a normal uncomfy hotel bed, but it worked. It was priced a little on the higher side for the hotel but it was okay for the few hours we spent there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very kind and helpful staff. This property was older and not fancy. However, it was clean, comfortable and an excellent value for the three of us traveling. We arrived very late and just needed an affordable place to stay. We would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: It is my understanding that rooms on the second floor have a bit more room than those on the first f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family