“Nice but noisy”

Motel 6 North Platte
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed March 24, 2014

First i want to say EVERYONE was very friendly and helpful. We got in on the 16th, moving here from another state and had food that needed to be either frozen or thrown away. We asked the desk clerk if we went and purchased a small chest freezer could we have it in our room. She said yes, no problem. So we did.
My fiancee drives truck and is only around every few days or so and a short time at that. Well 5 days into our original 2wk stay as we wait for our apartment, we get told we can't have the freezer in our room. Well my fiancee is out of town, we are out of money for the freezer if we can't keep it.
Needless to say the manager got it okay'ed for us to have it. We left early anyway.
The beds are old and uncomfortable; cleanliness is NOT priority but they said they're training new housekeepers. Same thing Days Inn said. The motel was very noisy but for the price you can't expect much. Hospitality was their strong point.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank ChicaB B
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 North Platte

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The young lady at the front desk took her time when I asked alot of questions, she also informed me of all the restaurants that delivered. very nice girl and it makes tired folks feel welcome and safe.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank bowhuntr2934
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Even though this particular Motel 6 has not been updated it is still clean and a good place to spend the night. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. There are a lot of places to eat and get gas near by. This motel seems to be popular and I used my Motel 6 app on my iPhone to make my reservation. I am glad I did because they were out of non-smoking rooms when I checked in. I had the feeling that they fill up most nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Japotter
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I WOULD REALLY SUGGEST YOU FIND ANOTHER HOTEL. I HAD TO STAY IN A HANDICAPPED ROOM AND WAS VERY PRICY FOR THE QUALITY OF ROOM.
I stayed there one night too many...glad it was only one night....THE new air toilet sprayed fecease and urine all over as it burped to flush. I could not believe how unsanitary it was. all over me...the floor...and the room.

Room Tip: the fecease or poo and urine flys all over when you flush the toilet DO NOT STAY HERE.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MargieAnnDuppong
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped late at night, it looked a little stecky on the outside but we were all tired, so we checked in. The room was clean. The bed was a normal uncomfy hotel bed, but it worked. It was priced a little on the higher side for the hotel but it was okay for the few hours we spent there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very kind and helpful staff. This property was older and not fancy. However, it was clean, comfortable and an excellent value for the three of us traveling. We arrived very late and just needed an affordable place to stay. We would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: It is my understanding that rooms on the second floor have a bit more room than those on the first f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here with my elderly mother and my dog this past week. Due to the negative reviews, I was a bit wary, but thankfully my fears were unfounded. There are not too many places which don't charge you extra for having your dog stay with you, but this place is one of the few. While there's a designated pet area in the back of the motel, I am mystified why the owners don't brag about the extensive bike path which fronts the Platte river directly in back of the motel, and which is a welcome oasis for dogs and their owners after a long days' journey in the car. We ventured off the trail, went down to the river bank, and saw a deer staring at us, incensed that we'd violated her peace and quiet.

Our room was spotless and the TV brought in the standard cable stations, including HBO. Although breakfast is not offered, there's plenty of hot coffee in the morning at the reservation desk. My only complaint is that the ice machine in the lobby is frequently out of ice. Having a few more would go a long way to appease hot and tired travelers, in my opinion. Other than that, I would most definitely stay here again, but would try to check in earlier so I could take more advantage of the Platte River bike path.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family