“Not much has changed in 30 years.”

Motel 6 North Platte
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We decided to stop in North Platte during a recent trip from Omaha to Denver. The first 2 places we stopped were full, and it was getting late in the day, so we went to the Motel 6. I remember Motel 6 from MANY years ago, when I had no money to my name, but needed a place to crash. I thought, surely by now, 30 years later, it must be better. WRONG!!!!!! It was less than terrific the minute I opened the door to the hotel and smelled some odd odor. OK, not the end of the world. Then we arrived at room 232 to find dark stains all over the carpet. The carpet in front of the bathroom door was sunken down about ¼”. I suspect this was caused by a leak that had ruined the floorboards beneath the carpet. The carpet, along with everything else in the room, looked like it had last been replaced MANY years ago… probably during the Reagan administration! The room was assigned to us as non-smoking. I guess that means that nobody was smoking in there as we entered at that exact moment! Not only did the room reek of cigarette smoke, but there was an ashtray in the room!!! What kind of non-smoking room has an ashtray?!? Then I decided to log on to the internet via my laptop. I was unable to log on, so I called the front desk. OOPS. That’ll cost you an extra $3.20. OK, I said, put it on the card I gave you when I checked in. OOPS. Cannot do that! You have to walk back to the front desk to pay. No, there is NO way to do it on-line. The only option is to go to the front desk. Fair enough. They might want to consider asking people when they check in if they will be utilizing any 21st century electronics! Oh yeah…be prepared for LOTS of buffering! I walked to the front desk, paid the $3.20, and returned with my access code. I logged in, then a few seconds later, I was booted off. It seems the internet access code is NOT for the room, but for one computer. When Cindy logged on to her IPAD, the system kicked me off! I just did not have the energy to walk back to the front counter again. WOW. I had forgotten just how lousy the “good old days” at Motel 6 really were. The bed was clean and comfortable. The air conditioning worked very well. The bathroom was one of the most well lit bathrooms I have ever been in. That I liked a lot! Everything else at the hotel just felt kind of sad, and old. If you are in North Platte, and on a budget, try and stay at the America’s Best Value Inn. It was $20 cheaper, very nice, smelled great and was very clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Charlie_from_Omaha

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Firstly, I have been conflicted about writing this review. Vomit just came into my mouth!

My friends and I had a quick booking at this "dump" on our way to better places. From the moment I used my room key to enter--I felt the need to grab some sanitizer. The bathroom has a small shower but no bathtub. The toilet had urine staines on it, and my feet literally stuck to the floor.

Lets talk about the non-smoking room that smelled like stale smoke from generations passed. YUCK! Moreover, the beds were old as dirt with outdated bedding from 70-80's???

The television looked like he small "old-school" TV's that I donated to Goodwill years ago. Maybe thats where that got it (not sure), but don't plan on clear reception. However, you will be charged $3.00 for WiFi service--that worked.

Im just putting this information out for you folks. I know not all "slumbers" can be 4-5 star rated... but PLEASE, for THE LOVE OF GOD!!! provide me with a clean place to stay (over-night), and sleep.

On a (ONE) good note, the office Mgr. Mandy did allow me to use the restroom after I returned my room key and checked-out. Thanks Mandy!

Room Tip: I'm just keeping it real. Men won't care ...but women be aware ;-/
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Monica N
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed 1 night, traveling with an elderly (mid 80s) parent and 2 children (ages 8 and 15.) The desk clerk was nice and checked us in quickly. The room doors open to an inner hallway, making it harder to unload luggage, but it did make me feel a bit more secure. The area in general seemed quite safe. The room was clean and well maintained. My n/s did not smell of smoke. The pool area was clean and the water sparkling. There are strict policies posted regarding unattended pets, late night visitors and noise- we had no problem with any of them. 2 nearby restaurants offer a 10% discount when you show your receipt. If you need a place to stay overnight, this M6 will do nicely.

Room Tip: Be prepared to haul your luggage farther than is typical at a motel, but there are several perimeter...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The hotel has very friendly and helpful Management and the Rooms are well kept and clean. There is morning coffee 6-10 am. The location is convenient to I-80. It is excellent value for money as usual in Motel 6.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Non-smoking room smelled like there was someone smoking under the bed. I stay in Motel 6 often and have learned to accept less than pristine rooms but this was the worst.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jscob
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We arrived during a busy local weekend, so accommodations were hard to obtain. We got a room here, and it was basically acceptable. The bathroom was a highlight--newer fixtures and very clean. The mattresses were ok, nothing special. The carpet could have been cleaner. The office personnel were friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 110kitty
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We only stayed one night on the way home. We found the room to be clean. The beds comfortable. Customer service was good. There are no frills but for just passing through, I recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple