All reviewsoutdoor pooloff the beaten pathreal keyno frillscoffee makerbasic amenitiesmini fridgelots of hot waterroom was cleanplace to sleepfree wififit the billnothing fancyparking lotwould stay here againroad tripafter a long day
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Owner lives on site and takes very good care of his property. This is a place where you will be protected against noise. The building is concrete block thus well insulated as to noise.

2000 miles into this trip and this is the first QUIET enviornment.

The rooms are of average size... very clean, well maintained, microwave, refrig nothing special EXCEPT 4 bar on the internet. If you travel you know 1 bar at the best of places is all you get.

PRICE: Been paying $59 to 89.00 per night PLUS PET FEE. HERE $40.00 2 people and 2 dogs... AMAZING. I could have booked it for $36.00 on one site but I paid $40.00 and it was well worth it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2010

It's a mystery to me why this place is getting such positive reviews. The fly swatter hanging on the wall in front of the calendar was not an auspicious welcoming symbol in our room, although the rationale for its being there became apparent soon enough. There was no fitted bottom sheet on the bed, so after a few hours, the too-small sheet had pulled out, leaving our skin in contact with the fraying mattress. Paper-thin walls allowed us to hear the phone ringing in one adjacent room, while an occupant on the other side entertained us with periodic coughing fits. Bring your own hair dryer and shampoo, and avoid using the toll-free booking number, which will add a $5 "booking fee" to your charges. They are also likely to quote an incorrect final price for the room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

We do use all fitted sheets, so I can not explain why the guest thought the bed had a flat sheet on it. We have flyswatters in the rooms because with outside entry doors you get flies in the rooms. We are always getting comments on how quiet it is so I don't know why they heard their neighbors so much. There is no booking fee with America's Best value Inn reservation site, and all prices are printed off on reservation so Ido not see how there could be a mistake between quoted price and charged price.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

This is an older hotel but very well kept. The owner, David, runs the office and is a wealth of information. We would not hesitate to stay here again...it provided a restful nights sleep at a bargain price.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I stayed at the hotel because of the grerat reviews. I don't know who checked me in but it wasn't that nice gentleman everybody talks about. The lady at the check-in wasn't unfriendly but we talked just about the things we had to. The room was good for the price, clean big enough. Bathroom was just ok. I had no problems finding the hotel but I looked it up on mapquest before I left home. Parking was a little bit narrow, especially when the lot ist full and you're driving something bigger than a compact and you want to park close to your door.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2010

If you are on I-80 in Nebraska, kick in your flux capacitor and head to this wonderful motel in North Platte! A 1960s motel in perfect condition with a wonderful staff and 60s prices to match!! My wife and I were totally impressed! This is "back home" at its finest!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple