$142
$115
Comfort Inn(North Platte)
$79
$134
Blue Spruce Motel(North Platte)
$50
Husker Inn(North Platte)
$65
All reviewsoutdoor pooloff the beaten pathreal keyno frillscoffee makerbasic amenitiesmini fridgelots of hot waterroom was cleanplace to sleepfree wififit the billparking lotnothing fancywould stay here againroad tripafter a long day
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is your regular two-level motel but for how old I believe it is, it is fairly clean. There were a few things that needed improving. My heating unit was a bit noisy but it warmed up well. The shower head in my room seemed mess up as the water sprayed all over the ceiling of the shower stall. I believe it just needed to be replaced or tightened. There was a closet in my room I thought I could use, but it seemed painted shut or locked. I was only staying a night so I didn't worry too much. There was a fridge, but I didn't get to use it because of my limited time there and the TV was great.

I think the whole place could use some updating but I was happy they accepted pets and it was well-located. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. Great value as well. Quick trip to North Platte? Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jsjohnson27
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks for staying and writing a review, stop back soon,

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the years, and have never been disappointed. This year was no different. The rooms are very clean and well kept. Older fixtures, but well cared for. Each room seems to have a personal touch to it. I usually stay in fancier chain-brand hotels, but this is one town where I trust this motel. The owner is a good guy, and takes pride of his motel. Not all the rooms have a microwave, the owner not only offered to bring one to the room, but offered us to use the one in the office in the meantime. My friend said this is the coolest motel owner he ever met.

The motel is located on US-30 just east of downtown North Platte. This is the closest motel to the Golden Spike Tower, which is the visitor center for Union Pacific Railroad's Bailey Yard, the world’s largest train yard. The Golden Spike Tower is a must for visitors passing through North Platte. I plan to return to this motel again next summer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RailfanMotels

So glad to hear from a repeat customer, that let's us know we are doing it correct.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here by myself, driving from Chicago to LA. Although furniture was dated, the room was clean and quiet. Everything worked. Check-in was easy (prepaid), and checkout was even easier (just dropped the key off in the box in the morning). Although away from the highway, easy enough to get to, with fast food options a short drive away.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Xnav
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for your review, hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a typical older two story independent hotel. It is in an odd are that you don't usually see a hotel. The area must have changed over the years, but it is still nice and quiet. The rooms although not updated are kept clean. The outdoor pool is a good size and 8 ft. at the deep end. The beds were comfortable and the wifi worked fine. We all had a good night's sleep. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank heamars

Thank you for your review, stop in again if you are in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We made our travel plans stop in Nebraska based on our stay at this motel before. Rates were a little higher this time because of I-80 tourist travel in the summer time, but it still was well worth the price. As it happened we even stayed in the same room. The pool was open and we really enjoyed windiing down there after a day of driving. Staff people we encountered were great. I always give honest reviews, good or bad. The motel is an older one on the path though town before the interstate sytem was built. An unusual feature was a fly swatter hanging on the wall. We didn't have a use for it, but I don't think I have seen one in a motel or hotel before. My best thing to say about this place is that we would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZAZULibertyUtah

Glad you enjoyed your stay, thanks for your review and stop in again.