“Above and beyond service”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Somewhat outdated bathroom but it was very clean and I felt comfortable going barefoot in the room which normally makes me shudder in any motel. The shower was small but again worked fine and was very clean. I read the reviews online that there were no blowdryers so I knew to bring my own.
The sheet smelled clean, looked clean and the pillows were decent.
I forgot a western belt and buckle that had sentimental value to me. They knew I was at a Livestock Expo as were several of their other guests. I didn't give them my cell number (I don't know why - habit I suppose) so they asked one of their guests if they knew me and she got the message to me that I had forgotten the belt.
I arrived after dark and left before the sun was up so the price was great to just sleep and free internet is appreciated.
I'll stay there again next year.

Room Tip: I don't know if they had a resturaunt or fitness center. I didn't need one and didn't lo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GKW32
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Was glad you enjoyed your stay, was happy to get your belt and buckle returned to you. Hope to see you and others next year for the expo.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We wanted a convienent- off I 80, clean, inexpensive, and comfortable place to spend the night, and it god not disappoint! I was a little leary, because of the very reasonable ( down right cheap) price, but I relied on trip advisior and was very satisfied. Yes, the room and bathroom are rather small, but it more than met our needs! Thank you!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank MountainlakeGirl

Thank you for your review, hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a great choice for a 1 night stay! Nothing fancy but JUST as nice & cleaner than most big chain hotels. Manager was a SUPER FRIENDLY down-to-earth man. No ironing board or hair dryer in room but on request. Shoot, I don't know why others spend $ for that ironing board! Do people still use them? LOL! :-) Our room had microwave & mini frige & good heater for a cold fall night! Thanks for being an honest to goodness deal in these times! (Note:was cold but did see a nice pool area & even a grill & picnic area)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BJonTheBorder
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for the review, was nice to serve you, stop in again when you are in the area.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked this hotel online because it was rated #1 in North Platte and it did get good reviews. I was very disappointed with the hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was clean but very dated and small. The shower was very tiny in a tiny and out-dated bathroom. Once again, no hairdryer and that is a major problem - I don't take a hairdryer with me because the majority of places have one in the room. On this trip I have encountered two hotels that don't provide hairdryers. The room had a very powerful smell of bleach when we opened the door - so stronge it gave me a headache but as I said the room was clean. There is a very limited number of electrical outlets so if you want to plug anything in you will have to use one of the extension cords or the power bar. It is very hard for me to believe that this is the #1 hotel in North Platte. I will not likely be in Nebraska again anytime soon but I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Keep going - for a few dollars more you can find a better room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Disappointed155042
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Sorry you had some issues with your stay, I wish you would of talked to me while you were here, usually if there is a bleach smell in a room it is because the room cleaner closed the door to soon after using bleach, usually if you just open the door a few minutes it goes away real quick not like a air freshner smell. We provide hair dryers out of the office, also irons and ironing boards, in the literature in the room it explains it. As far as the shortage of plug ins, there is 2 in the bathroom, 2 by the door you enter in, then a electrical bar with 6 plug ins that I added to the rooms for all the newer electrical items. Yes we are a older smaller property, and yes the bathrooms are smaller, but some times if you want to save money with a cheaper price you don't get everything you would for twice the cost at some other properties. We don't advertise new fancy large updated rooms, but thank you for your review anyway.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

If your with in 20 miles of MR.:"DAVES PLACE", this is the place to rest your weary bones! For the price($),It just don't git much better! Make sure you call ahead...the "NO VACANCY" sign lights up early! Thanks again to Mr. Dave and his staff for making our stay feel like home! <(^_^)>

Room Tip: Just be lucky you got to stay there!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 7TRAPPER7

Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were passing through on our way from Omaha to Denver. We decided to stay here because the price was terrific, and it would only be for a few hours so we did not need anything fancy. The outside of the hotel will definitely give you pause as to whether you want to stay here. It looks like a 1960s postcard! The rooms are a bit dated, but very clean, and quite comfortable. The new, flat screen TV was nice. The coffee maker and microwave were also handy. We did not arrive until 3:00 a.m. but the room was ready and waiting for us. I really appreciated that as many hotels assume you are not showing up, and re-sell the room. Parking was a bit limited, but we managed to find a spot very close to our room. We did not use the poll, but it was sparkling clean! The next morning as we were leaving, we ran into a male and female employee, I do not know their relation, and 3 of the cutest, nicest young ladies you would ever want to meet. The entire place felt very homey and welcoming. I would strongly recommend this hotel for a short stay. It is probably a bit small for an extended stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I checked in about 6pm. Parked my truck and trailer in the parking lot in full view of the office. Was fast asleep at quarter till eleven when I received a phone call from the front desk telling me I had to move my truck. Went to talk to the front desk and they were insistant that I move my vehicle to a parking lot of a business across the street. I told them I didn't feel that would be very secure as I had bicycles and a motorcycle in the bed of my truck. They said that was the only alternative unless I wanted to park in the street - across from the hotel - NOT on the same side of the street where they would have been able to keep an eye on my equipment. When I said that would not be acceptable, the manager said he was refunding my money and I should go find another place to stay AT 11:00 AT NIGHT!!! Needless to say I was stunned and I left. I have never approached this type of insensitivy and poor customer service in my entire experience of traveling. Unbelievable!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jd w
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

First of all you were not kicked out, you had been told earlier you needed to park else where, if you did not understand or did not hear I do not know, but there is no way I would of allowed you to park directly in front of my office and take up 5 parking stalls when I was booked full on reservations.If I would of allowed you to stay I would of had 4 other guest without parking. There were already two other vehicles parked where I asked you to move to, a uhaul truck and a pickup with a Harley on a trailer.When you said you did not want to move I offered you a full refund so I would have adequate parking for my other guest. My parking lot is small and most all people realize they can not take up 5 parking stalls, This is the first time in 26 years of business that this has been a issue. All you would of had to do is move across the street, I have been in business here for 26 years and we have never had a vehicle broke in to. Just because you did not want to move and you were given a full refund does not mean you were kicked out, yes you were refunded your money because you did not want to stay if you could not park directly in front of office.