All reviewsoutdoor pooloff the beaten pathreal keyno frillscoffee makerbasic amenitiesmini fridgelots of hot waterroom was cleanplace to sleepfree wififit the billnothing fancyparking lotwould stay here againroad tripafter a long day
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We arrived , checked in, were given a corner room. Yes the room was dated, but that's ok. the room was very musty smelling. cobwebs and bugs in one corner from top to bottom. We didn't feel comfortable to lay our heads here. We asked for a refund which was given . That was nice of the owner. Very unimpressed, and surprised because a lot of the comments here are favorable?

Room Tip: went Holiday Inn Express, paid a little more...but had a restful sleep on the road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank darren15
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

When you came back to the office, you said your a/c unit was not working, you had checked in really early in the afternoon and I had not got the units on, so you had to turn your own on, I asked to go out and look at it, the compressor was not coming on, I keep spare units on hand , I said I can change this out in 5 minutes, then you pointed out a cob web in the corner behind the curtain edge, yes it should not of been there, but at that point I could see you were looking for excuses, if you would of just told me you wanted to drive further I would of let you cancel then you would not of had to make up excuses and write this review, you never did mention a musty smell. There was some shower tub wall work and repair around sink to do, so we shut this room down and made repairs and painted.We just rented for the first time tonight. But I do apologize for renting a room that a/c unit quit and there was a cob web in the corner.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a great place to stay. My wife and I stopped in for a night on our trip across the country. It was in a safe-looking part of town with plenty of parking. The man at the desk was kind and helpful. The room was older and not fancy, but well-kept and clean. We would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank halloween_library
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I thought this was a slam dunk.....the #2 rated hotel out of 19 for less than $50 a night. A no-brainer right? Wrong! Frankly, I'm completely baffled by these reviews. The hotel is in the desolate part of the old downtown of the city so I'm guessing it pre-dates the construction of I-80. All of the other hotels reviewed for this city are out by the interstate. It looks like it was built about 1960 and possibly earlier. To be fair, the room is clean, the bed adequate and it has up-to-date stuff like a flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave and a loud but effective AC. The carpet looks fairly new and clean but the place is tiny, noisy and depressing. The bathroom is clean and functional but original in every way. I don't need state of the art accomodations but this is basically a half-century old place with a facelift. Can't wait to hit the road in the AM.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here in my view.
1  Thank knothead1
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

So sorry you were disappointed with my motel. You are exactly correct it was built in 1964, the same year the interstate came through here. It is no secret , most of the reviews say something about it being a older property, I guess I am surprised you did not catch that when you said you checked other reviews and it was a no brainer, you mention a lot of good qualities,clean, fridge,microwave,coffee maker, flat screen tv,good bed, clean carpet, the price is less than half of some other properties advertised on the interstate, and there are three motels on Trip Advisors that are off the exit. I just try to run a clean budget minded motel off the busy exit, yes it is older and in a older down town section, but it is a clean safe quiet part of town. But if a modern fancy building and modern bathroom facilities are in your needs this is probably not the place for you. But if you enjoy modern clean things in a older facility come on over and we will save you some money.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

It's the kind of a stay I wish I could find every night when traveling. Clean, comfortable, cordial and reasonably priced. I had not heard of the chain prior to this stop, but I just booked another room in NY based on this experience. I hope it is as good.

2  Thank miscjohn33530

Thanks for your review and your stay, hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

J K Troll calls this fine hotel about availability but then refuses to give a credit card to owner to hold the room. Next, JK Troll arrives at hotel (which got busy in the meantime) and rooms are now all sold out. So JK Troll writes a horrible review of hotel.

Some people are so WHITE TRASH and I mean you, J K from Los Angeles. You should take some personal responsibility for your own ignorance and dimwitted actions instead of blaming the establishment.

This is a great hotel with a fine reputation and wonderful customer service.

Five Stars all the Way!