“Stayed twice!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband, dog and I stayed there simply because North Platte was a good stopping point on a road trip. After reading some negative reviews, I was not expecting a lot and was just hoping for a place to get some rest. We were pleasantly surprised by the room. It was spacious, comfortable and clean though a little "vintage". For the price we couldn't ask for more...and the best part, dogs are free (a big plus). The inn is off the beaten path a little bit. You have to travel about a mile into town, but it was not a huge inconvenience. We were so pleased with our stay that we made it a point to stay there again on our way back through. We stayed at the Motel 6 on the main strip last year and it was disgusting. So glad we found this inn!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Thank you for your review, and thanks for returning to stay again with us, and will look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed 5 days - meeting family and business. Location is great for being close to lots of things. The hotel was clean - it was nice to have a refrigerator in the room. the air conditioning worked well. The staff, from the owner to the room staff, were very friendly and helpful. The "on site" computer tech helped me with the WiFi - it worked great too then !!!
The pool was very clean and refreshing after hot summer nebraska days. We will be back !!!

Room Tip: corner room 48 - close to stairs, overlooking poor
1  Thank TAJ01
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am staying at this property as I write this. The room is spotlessy clean and well furnished. The staff is friendly and helpful. I have stayed in many hotels that cost $30 to $50 more per night and aren't nearly as nice. It is so nice to have a plesant surprise! I have re-booked for later this week on my return trip and am looking forward to staying here again. Did I mention, it has the fastest internet I've ever had in a hotel.

5  Thank mengerFcity

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Everything positive I read was true. Warm, friendly, true servant heart. They gave us recommendations for local eateries that were spot on. Clean, quiet, great bed at a price that couldn't be beat. If you want that week old 25 gram fat roll with the "free continental" breakfast somewhere else, go for it. As for me, I'd rather save $20 bucks staying here and eat a real breakfast at one of their recommended places.

2  Thank parts2carz
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Reviewed May 28, 2011

I came to north platte to visit family over the weekend. We rented the room for two nights.When we entered there were crumbs all over the comforter, toilet was dirty and had hair all over it. first night I only had one adult in the room and my check out price was $68??? for the size of room i think they could have done a little lower than that. I invited some friends over, a total of 3 people. we sat in our room watching tv and chatting and within 10 min,we had managment complaining. We did have three young boys in the room so I can understand the complaining from downstairs. I had my guests leave to avoid any further problems. Within 15 more minutes, mangament was back at my door complaining of cars in the parking lot. I was borrowing a car so I explained and he went back down and was checking it out like it was stolen. I then had someone come to pick us up and before they even got to my door, managment was outside harrassing them too. When I returned at about 2 am, there were people out on the balconys talking quite loudly so Im just wondering why were singled out at 9pm. I work in the hotel business and can't imagine ever treating someone so awful. We ended up checkin out the next day and not even staying the following night to avoid anymore harrassment from this man. Keep on driving if you see this hotel. The room was micro mini in ever aspect, over priced, and the managment is unbelievably awful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank elofromne
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Sorry you did not agree with my management decisions but when I got a call from another guest complaining about the noise from your room and the kids running the steps and hall ways I had to take action, we had a full house that night and with the four extra cars in my lot parked in close to the rooms I was inquiring as to what vehicles you all had in hopes of you moving them to a side lot to make more room for my paying guest. When I noticed one was leaking your guest told me it was water because she had been having radiator problems, I was relieved it was not oil or antifreeze, and told her it was ok. When I saw two more people going to your room at 1045pm I asked them if they could not stay long because of noise complaints , they said they would be 5 minutes, I said ok.After the problems I decided not to rent to you for the second night, I realize the first night it was to be a single rate because you said just you would be staying, and the second night would be a double rate because you had another person coming in the second night, but on the morning after your first stay your door was open as two of my employees walked by they reported to me that both beds were used chips and beer cans scattered around room I chose to charge it as a double. As to the people on the balcony when you got in at 2am, I did not receive any calls on noise about them, and if I would of they would of been talked to. I run a small motel and try very hard to watch out for my guest to make their stay as comfortable as possible. As far as you saying there was crumbs on the comforter and the toilet was dirty, I wish you would of just come to the office with your problem and not waited to complain of it after you had other problems.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

This hotel, as one can see from website photo, is of the early motel style architecture: two stories, no elevator, all entries from outside to room; no interior corridor; separate entry to the office for registration. Rooms are clean and differ in size from downstairs to upstairs, but decent sized rooms. Bathrooms very dated,no countertop for toiletries, but everything was working. Some rooms have full bathroom; some stall shower only in bathroom.

The staff is very friendly and tries to be helpful in addressing needs. No frills offered, but there is a coffeemaker in room. IF you want a fridge or micro, it can be requested.

The outdoor carpeting on stairs to second level and in the walkways certainly needs to be replaced. The hotel is next door to a gas station/garage of some sort. It was our misfortune that there was construction the week we were there. We were awakened at dawn by the continuous sound of a jackhammer. This went on for hours. You can understand why we did not have the best sleep. The beds were okay; the noise was not. Sadly, it seems the hotel has no control over this. Eventually, that work will be finished I am sure.

This is located farther from I-80 than expected. The other chain hotels are all close to the exit from I-80, at the south end of town. This was a little tricky to find, as one must go north through the town and then find it, tucked in between the service station and some housing. Although it is part of the America's Best Value chain, the building is very small and does not look like the more current structures of this chain or other chains, so it is easy to miss.

the hotel is not far from the train exhibit, which has two fantastic , old locomotives that you can go into. The park has a family of lovely peacocks, as well as the site of the Pony Express stop. Eating all seems to be down near other hotels at the south end of town.

Several hotel choices in North Platte. This is okay for the night, and is certainly for the budget minded like us, but it would not be my first choice in the future. I would prefer to be nearer the highway and the eateries.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
fdar, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Was glad to get your feed back, sorry for the noise when you were here, the city had a water main break and tore up the street, so they had to replace the street, they asked me if they could start at 9:oo am, sorry if that was to early for you. All the rooms have fridges,just microwaves that need be requested.Sorry you did not find any of the restaurants up on this end of town The Depot,Merricks,Hobbs,Eat a bite,Brothers, and a mexican and Japanese restaurant are all located just a few blocks from motel. In ABVI there are different sizes of motels and different ages and normally the price is reflected in the size and age. I just try to run a small locally owned clean older motel for the budget minded traveler.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

We paid $51 for our room...can't beat that price. The room was older but very clean and comfortable. The manager was extremely courteous. The reason I'm giving it 4/5 stars instead of 5/5 is because the hotel's website advertises that guests get free access to the Nebraska Athletics Club fitness center down the street, which is one reason why we booked the hotel. However, the fitness center is under new management and we were forced to purchase a day pass. Still though, the hotel was the best value in the area and I'm glad we stayed there.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank for your response, sorry we did not get the gym deal worked out for you. The new owner of the gym just not interested in trading out with me like the old owner was.