“Steak in Nebraska”

Ranked #4 of 82 Restaurants in North Platte
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A small, family-owned group of restaurants, we have been hand-crafting food since 1995. Featuring wood-fired grilled steaks cooked over full-sized logs of oak and ash, award-winning BBQ slow smoked on premise, homemade desserts and much more.
Afton, Tennessee
“Steak in Nebraska”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Steak was well prepared, no sauces to diminish the flavor, excellent service, friendly staff. Restaurant was not crowded, discount with stay at LaQuinta. Atmosphere conducive to staying longer and having desert and coffee, next visit.

PEMBROKE PINES
“Takeout was pretty blah!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I both love brisket in all its forms, and were looking forward to trying Whiskey Creek's "Overnight Brisket". Brisket can be tough unless it's cooked for a long time, and "Overnight" sounded appealing. But we were given tough and chewy slices. When I went back to read the online menu, it said that the brisket was SMOKED overnight, not COOKED overnight. I guess I should have understood the nuance.

Colorado Springs
“Good food with adequate service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were seated quickly but waited for our server. She seemed distracted, promising bread but delivering some to others who came in after us, bringing salad with the main course, serving a baked potato with sour cream when it specifically ordered with none, and taking her time to bring the check. My "Branding Iron" steak was served as described ("lean and tender") but none of the food was very hot, all at a price comparable to Texas Roadhouse. The grilled veggies were tasty.

Visited May 2013
Eloy, Arizona
“Had a very enjoyable meal”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We travel from AZ to WI twice a year and typically stop for the night in North Platte. We've eaten at the chain restaurants there (Ruby Tuesday's and Applebee's). On May 9, 2013 we decided to try Whiskey Creek. We're glad we did! The food was much better than our other experiences in North Platte. My husband ordered the 1/2 rack of fall off the bones ribs and he thought they were great (and very tender). I ordered a grilled chicken breast dinner which was also good. We didn't order any alcohol and our bill was about $26. Our waitress was excellent. The bread and sides that came with our dinners very average/typical. If you like a Texas Roadhouse type menu, you'd probably enjoy this place. My husband and I agreed we definitely eat here again.

For those wine and alcohol drinkers, they do offer happy hour prices certain days/times of the week. I did overhear one diner complain that the wine glasses were very small, and after seeing the glasses, I'd have to agree with that diner. The margarita glasses looked to be an average size (served in about a 12-16 ounce glass versus a margarita glass. The price of the margarita seemed average.) I also saw the bartender make a lemon drop martini, and that was served in a typical sized martini glass (not one of the bigger martini glasses some restaurants use).

Wallace
“Fun Roadhouse type Restaurant”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great menu. Lots of food. Good bar. We were there on a Sunday and the bartender did her job, but did not smile once and could not be engaged in conversation. Good soup. Peanuts available. Shells can be thrown on floor. Did not order steak this time so cannot comment on it. We intend to come back the next time we are in North Platte. Good break from travelling.