“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We walked in to set aside a wedding block for our upcoming wedding. At 3 in the afternoon there was only ONE person working dealing with guests checking in and answering the phones. After a 20 minute wait at the counter we were finally being helped. Amidst our help the clerk answered the phone 3 times and left us hanging. We then learned that we had to talk to the General Manager to book the wedding block. She wasn't there, imagine that. I called later that day when she was in but she was on the phone. I left a message for her to call me back. The next day I called again. I was disconnected by the front desk and had to call again. Manager was not in, it was 10:30 am. I left another message for her to call me back. NO CALL. Finally, 3 days later I get a voicemail on my phone from her and she acted as though nothing was wrong and wanted me to call her. I TOOK MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE. This hotel needs better management. HORRIBLE!

Room Tip: Wouldn't know... never got good enough service to check it out.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear Thomas W,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry we did not have the opportunity to host your group. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the chance in the future to show you how great are hotel is.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel was clean, nice updated rooms, the staff was friendly and helpful. They had a social from 5:30-7 when I arrived. Serving free beer, wine, and bar snacks. The dining area had a nice breakfast with tasty food (eggs, sausage biscuits and gravy, toast, muffins, etc.).
Very pleasant stay! I will definately be back.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Joan W
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were in town for a funeral. There was no bereavement discount that other area hotels provide, but as a priority member, I decided to stay faithful to the chain. Upon checking in, the desk clerk left us standing there to help another guest to their room. She also randomly offered candy to some guests, but not everyone. The shower/toilet are separated from the sink, which allowed many of us to get ready at the same time. Breakfast was just average. If I'm in the area again, I probably would try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teacher465
YounesMGMT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you all for your wonderful reviews from your experience here at our hotel! We know there are many excellent choices within our market, but sincerely appreciate your choice. Thank you also to those that have provided constructive feedback in order for us to improve where improvement is necessary. We hope to see you again sometime this year and for those traveling through our market, please consider giving us a chance to EXCEED your expectations! Thanks again and safe travels!

Younes Management

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Spent 4 nights here. Have stayed previous times and always have a wonderful experience. We are priority members and have always been upgraded to a great room. Mary (the manager) and Joyce always greet us warmly and any requests I've had so far, they have been able to accomdate. The entire staff goes way above to make sure our stay is the best it can be.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank patspetpalace
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My girlfriend and I were up for her to meet my parents for a surprise and we just needed a place to crash. I had some reward points banked up so our room was basically free. The rooms are very comfortable and roomy with a good AC unit. The bed was a bit firmer than I like, but that's my fault. Plenty of pillows and bathroom was the typical HI clean.

Close to a bunch of shopping on the side of town with a Sonic next door. Check in/out was a breeze and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank RealGeorgeW
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have stayed here 4 times in 4 mos. and have been pleased each and every time. Clean, well run property whose staff is appreciative of your business.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GINEtraveler
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express in Norfolk is in a great location. You can walk to nearby fast food restaurants and an indoor mall is across the street. Our room was spacious with a sitting room and separate bedroom. The continental breakfast was fine and there was adequate seating in the eating area. It's a ten minute drive to just about anywhere in town. Found the Village Inn along the main road to be a good place for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keen3
Management2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express here in Norfolk Nebraska! We also want to thank you for choosing our facility...there are many choices out there so from my staff and I, we sincerely appreciate your choice!

Our everday mission is to meet our valued guests expectations and with reviews such as this, we have the feedback necessary to focus on the key areas necessary to do just that.

We hope to see you again when your back in the area and hope that anyone looking for a wonderful place to stay will choose the Holiday Inn Express & Suites here in Norfolk Nebraska!

Management