“Family Reunion”
Review of Super 8 Norfolk

Super 8 Norfolk
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this Super 8. All the employees were friendly and made sure our stay was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Marge D, General Manager at Super 8 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your review on our hotel, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.
It is very nice to hear that the staff was helpful to you .
Again thank you,

General manager and staff

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Norfolk

Reviewed August 2, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Marge D, General Manager at Super 8 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I work as a Front Desk Agent at another brand of hotel so any hotel I stay at I tend to hold some what high standards. The location of the hotel has it kinda hidden and it is easily to drive right past it. They were re-doing the parking lot while we were there and it was a little bit of a pet-peeve to get to the front door but at the same time I understand that things break down and need repair. The guy who checked us in was great! We didn't even realize the time when we got there but he was great about checking us in early. We got into the room and everything looked clean. I did a check of the sheets and bed. It was all clean. However, Super 8 hasn't updated to the new modern style of bedding. I checked over the rest of the room and looked all clean. The towels are kinda small for my preference. They were starting to get thinned out from use so its almost time for a new order hopefully. I liked the staying green part about the towels. However, I didn't like the wording. Not everyone re-uses towels at home. Thankfully, we do. Better wording would be if you would like the towels replaced, please leave them on the floor and housekeeping can replace those. Our brand says something similar to that. There is a safe in the room. They do charge for that but I asked if they could take it off. At checkout, the lady was nice about it. She couldn't do it right then and there because her computer froze. Hopefully, the credit card bill shows the right amount. It does not have a pool. Staff that we dealt with were great though. There was a dog show in the weekend we went and there was dogs barking. We kindly let the staff know and they said they were aware of it and were trying to get a hold of the owner. It soon stopped within at least a half a hour. We had a dog with us but she never barked thankfully. If you have a dog and stay at a hotel, please be a responsible pet owner. I was more annoyed at the pet owners than the staff. Two dislikes for me was 1. the breakfast.. There wasn't much choice of anything and the food kinda tasted bland. Again, my hotel has a huge breakfast with a bunch of flavor in it so maybe its just my high standard.. 2. the tv in the room was small. We had two queens and the one bed in front was the best one for viewing. I am guessing the tv is 22-24 inches. I am estimating off my laptop which is about 17.3". They did have free high speed internet. However, it was a little slow but I am sure that it was because I am sure a bunch of people were using it at the same time. Overall, the hotel wasn't horrible. And was a good deal for coming for a funeral with a dog and two people. Whoever took the reservation though might want to learn how to listen/spell. The poor guy at check in had to fix it since the last nor the first was done correctly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Marge D, General Manager at Super 8 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review, we appreciate all the feed back from our guests to help us to improve our property.

Again Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I think most people would find this hotel a good value. The Super start breakfast included waffles, cereals, toast, cinnamon rolls, fruit, yogurt, etc. It's conveniently located right off of route 275 but behind another building making it tough to see but also relatively quiet. The only thing we missed were tissues for the morning sinus drainage.

Room Tip: We were downstairs. The upper floors might have been quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marge D, General Manager at Super 8 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for the review on our property. We welcome your comments so we are able to improve our property for all our guests.
Again Thank you and hope to see you soon.