“Falsely advertised”

Norfolk Country Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pool was supposed to be heated and was not. Mattresses were supposed to be pillowtop and were not; rock hard in my opinion. Our non-smoking room reaked of smoke. Location of room was noisy. Front desk state our room was one of the most recently updated and had been stripped from top to bottom. Couldn't tell since our feet were black after walking around in the room. No exhaust fans in the bathroom which was weird. Oh - and I think we could have gotten more light if we plugged nightlights into each socket.

1  Thank Disgruntled K
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time. We would like to address your concerns. Our outdoor swimming pool is heated to 89 degrees. However if you stayed this last weekend, the Norfolk Area was unseasonal colder and the pool may have been cooler simply die to the cooler weather.
If you indeed stayed in one of renovated rooms, they all have either Pillow Top Omaha Bedding Company or Sealy Pillow top mattresses. Our Economy Rooms that have not been renovated do not have pillow top mattresses. You must have been in one of these rooms.
The lights in your rooms are energy efficient light bulbs. We try to be as green friendly as possible. This is the first I have heard the lights were not bright enough and we have been using these light bulbs for well over a year.
We would encourage you to reserve one of our Executive Rooms on your next trip to the Norfolk Area. They compare to any Full Service Marriott or Hilton room. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently had a wedding to attend in Norfolk. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. What more an you ask for when you are staying at a low cost motel. We would definitely return. The pool was very clean and sparkling. We wished we would have brought our suits.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We walked in to check in and the lobby area, breakfast area, restaurant, and restrooms are very, very nice but the rooms are not close to that. The rooms are old and need updated in the bathrooms and bedding. It is a drive up to your door type of motel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Becky M
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Don’t judge this book by its cover. This may look a little old on the outside, the rooms are awesome and the customer service was good. We were in town for an outdoor concert at the Divots Events Center and booked a room with the Norfolk country Inn because it was within a couple miles of the event. Check-in was a breeze and our room was clean and nicer than expected. We had a Pillow Top King Size bed, flat screen TV, mini fridge and microwave. We also made use of the nice patio near the pool for to start our evening with a cocktail form the lounge. The free breakfast bar included eggs sausage and your typical continental spread. It was a small dining area however they did have to go boxes to enjoy your breakfast in the comfort of your room or outdoor patio. If we are in Norfolk again we will certainly be coming back. Thanks

Room Tip: As for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I checked in on the 21st and the clerk was very friendly. The room was great. It was a little worn but very clean. I'm a neat freak so I check everything and there was no dust to be found. The a/c worked wonderful and when we took showers the water was nice and hot. Slept like a baby because the beds were sooo comfortable and the room was really quiet. I stayed alone with my son in the room and the doors were solid and the lock and chain worked great so I felt very safe. Whoever cleaned my room before I checked in did an awesome job. The pool looked really inviting but we had a long day so were not able to use it. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. So many choices. The only issue I had was with the clerk that checked me out in the morning. He left me waiting for about ten minutes while he was on the phone without even acknowledging me. The rate he was charging me was not the rate I was quoted. He asked me who made the reservation but I did not have that info with me. While I went to my car to try to find the info he started talking to someone who was behind the desk with him. When I came back in he ignored me for another few minutes while he talked to this person. I told him I didn't have confirmation info with me. He told me Nikki made my reservation and she is the manager so the price he said I owed had to be correct because she was manager and that he couldn't change it. Wasn't a very pleasant experience. Tonight I got home from my trip and found my confirmation info. Found out Nikki did not make my reservation but that Mandy did.I called motel and talked to Brian and he was so polite and explained how that could of happened and promptly fixed the problem. He was a pleasure to talk to. I would for sure stay here again and would recommend it to anyone coming into Norfolk. Thanks for your help Brian.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool you might want to ask for room facing pool. Also there are two floors...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We we're in town visiting family, and really glad we choose to stay here. The room the awesome.. Newly remodeled, very clean! The staff was very friendly, the food was great, and we loved it. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Thanks, Norfolk Country Inn Staff!! We'll be back :)
I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Norfolk!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family