“Comfortable Friendly stay with great pool”

Norfolk Country Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had a great 3 night stay at the Norfolk Country Inn, June 2012. The staff was incredibly friendly, expedient, and helpful - and gave great recommendations for things to do around town and places to eat.

The outdoor pool is a great surprise... though a little chilly... but quite large for a hotel pool, with a sectioned off area for kids... and a middle and deep end for adults... it was nice to have the separations and most hotel pools anymore don't seem to get deeper than 5ft so this was nice... along with the nice lounge chairs surrounding it.

Breakfast is also included includes one hot feature each day... i.e. biscuits/gravy one day, sausage and eggs, waffles/eggs etc... along with the usual juice/muffins/cerael options. It would have been nice to have a daily waffle maker like most hotel, but there was a decent variety as is and also an attached restaurant if you wanted to pay more for other choices.

The attached restaurant has all you can eat prime rib Thursday nights for $21.95 - and was steak house quality... and most steak houses would charge that per slice - highly recommended.

The hotel does look old from the outside, and some of the rooms are still older... so be sure to book an executive room to get the great updated furnishings... 42" tv and great bed, great shower... everything brand new. Apparently by the end of the year all rooms will be updated to included updated bed/tv/shower... but only the executives will be top to bottom upgraded - worth the nominal extra fee... and still a good deal.

Depending on what wing of the hotel you are on there can be some street noise in the mornings... we didn't lose sleep over it, but if you are a light sleeper might be to your advantage to request a pool side room.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room for a quieter stay, be sure to get the executive or partially updated rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Norfolk Country Inn

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was blown away by the friendliness of the staff at the hotel, Jasemine greeted me with a friendly smile and was quick to tend to all my needs. I will certainly be returning. It was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Definately get the remodeled rooms, its worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan J
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. We have already shared your comments with Jasemine. She was excited that she was mentioned. She works so hard a deserves the great comment. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Norfolk.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The hostess Jasemine was very friendly and made sure everything was to my liking and if I needed anything during my dinning at Baileys.She was very prompt in getten things for me. The restaurant is very clean and well organized very friend atmosphire and family friendly. the room I stayed in was clean and well stocked with the things I needed. The beds were very comfortable and spacious. I really like the idea of haven a refridgerator and microwave in the rooms so if I got hungry during the night I could just have a snack ready available. the tv was of high quality and and had plenty of channels to choose from. I recomend the Norfolk country inn and Baileys restaurant while you stay in Norfolk nebraska the rooms are reasonably priced and the restaurants food is in good and the portions are huge and you will never go away hungry.
Joni W.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joni W

Thank you for taking the time time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. We have already shared your comments with Jasemine. Since we have told her about TripAdvisor, she has been telling all the guests to come here and fill out a review.

We are happy that you loved your room and the restaurant. All of our rooms come with refrigerators and microwaves. In addition, we have those awesome 37" LCD Flat Panel TVs. All of are Executive Rooms and currently 30 of our Traditional Rooms that have been renovated have the most amazing beds. The beds in these rooms are the same beds that Warren Buffet has in his house. You cannot go wrong when you follow his example!!!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Norfolk.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I wish I had read the reviews before staying there, would've then known to ask for the remodeled part. The clerk didn't ask me if I wanted a nice room OR a room I wouldn't book for my mother-in-law; had he asked, I would've paid extra money. Broken down beds, drapes falling off the walls, holes in the furniture, fluctuating hot and cold shower, etc. For $60 you would think it would be clean. And you would think you could get an ironing board and iron, even couldn't get that when I asked for it.
Wear gloves, keep all your clothes on.

Room Tip: ask for something worth the money
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

A co-worker and I checked in late and was greeted by a wonderful man at the front desk. He was very nice, funny and got us checked in quickly. The lobby area is very nicely updated and has a great feel. But...that's about it. We got to our rooms and were very disappointed. The door to my room would not lock, the pillows and mattress were stained, the chairs around the table looked filthy as though they hadn't been cleaned in months (at best). The walls have a blue semi-sponge look that only enhances the dirtyness of the room.

We got to our rooms at 11:00pm and could not wait for the alarm to go off in the morning. Given the choice, I'd rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I do want to apologize that your stay was not what it should have been.

We are currently renovating the hotel with good reason. Some of our rooms are showing their age. I would like to know what room that you stay in so we can repair the items that you addressed.

We do have 47 completely renovated rooms in our Executive Wing of the hotel. Since your stay was not what it should have been, I would like to invite you back the next time you are in Norfolk and the room would be on me.

We appreciate all comments that guests give us. I tell my staff that if we do not know that it is broke, we cannot fix it.

Again, thank you for your comments. I hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had an excellent stay here. Shelly was outstanding! When I booked the room something got messed up and she did an awesome job correcting the mistake. The room (s) were spotless and modern. I really liked the decor. Breakfast was delicious with all kinds of choices. No reason to go hungry! It's true the building looks old but believe me, once you get inside you'll forget about it. I'm really impressed with this motel and will definitely return. After graduation we returned to eat at the pub. The food was also excellent with reasonable prices. There wasn't a single complaint about the meals. If you want to stay in a place where it feels like home and you get a warm welcome, this is the motel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on TripAdvisor. We are excited that Shelly took good care of you. We will pass your comments onto her.

You are so correct about the appearance of the hotel from the outside. Have you ever heard the saying "Don't judge a Book by the cover." Please do not judge our hotel by the outside. There is not much we can do to change the outside of the hotel. However, we have spared no expense renovating all the public areas. In addition, 47 of our 125 room have been completed renovated. I would put these rooms againist any hotel room in Nebraska. We are begining to renovate the remaining 78 rooms. Next week, we are upgrading our mattresses and showers. The matresses we are putting in are the exact one that Warren Buffet sleeps on and that are in several upper class hotels.

Bailey's Bistro has some of the best food. The Jensen brothers know how to make food that melts in your mouth. I am proud of our hotel and the staff. People need to come in and see it for themselves.

We look forward to you coming back the next time that you are in the Norfolk Area!!!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

What a good morning to start the day....lots of good food for breakfast and helpful people in every direction. We had quite a hail storm that night, but felt safe and sound being in your Inn...Thank you for the quick and ready service.

Room Tip: They help in anyway they can just to make your day
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Margie L
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

Yes, that was quite a hail storm that we had in Norfolk on April 14th. The whole staff, including myself, were running around the property ensuring that all the guests were taken care of during and after the storm. Even though, I was soaking wet and many bruises from hail, I still found it in me to smile and greet every guest. I was very proud of my staff on how they handled everything. We are happy that you were please as well.

We look forward to seeing you the next time that your travels bring you the Norfolk.