“Good Morning Smiles”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Brewster, Nebraska, United States
“Good Morning Smiles”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

What a good morning to start the day....lots of good food for breakfast and helpful people in every direction. We had quite a hail storm that night, but felt safe and sound being in your Inn...Thank you for the quick and ready service.

Room Tip: They help in anyway they can just to make your day
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Margie L
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

Yes, that was quite a hail storm that we had in Norfolk on April 14th. The whole staff, including myself, were running around the property ensuring that all the guests were taken care of during and after the storm. Even though, I was soaking wet and many bruises from hail, I still found it in me to smile and greet every guest. I was very proud of my staff on how they handled everything. We are happy that you were please as well.

We look forward to seeing you the next time that your travels bring you the Norfolk.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I did not mean to stop in Norfolk. It was getting too late to continue driving so I stopped. The hotel is at the intersection of Hwy 275 and Hwy 81. It was the first place I saw when I felt tired. It does not look that great from the outside. But their sign said rates starting at $49. I figured that was a good rate. After all, I just wanted a bed.
When I walked into the hotel, it is really nice. The hotel looks at least 30 years old from th outside. The inside looks nothing like the outside.
I decided to go into the restaurant to get a quick bite. They had an all you could eat Prime Rib special. Wow... the favor was great. I had seconds, but could not fit thirds!!! The staff was very nice and carried on conversation with me.
I may make this a normal stop for me in the future. It is a really great place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BigTWeap
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

You are correct, our hotel has been around awhile. We will celebrate our 50th anniversary next year. Our owner has put a great deal funds into making the hotel beautiful. Our Chef and Asst Chef are from a well known local family of culinary geniuses. You will not find a better Prime Rib anywhere in the area.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Stony mountain
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stayed one night as we passed through going home from Pheonix AZ. Check in the evening. The desk manager was very helpfull and polite (give him a raise). Decided on a un upgraded room as we were only staying for one night. The room was large with a king bed. Newer flat screen tv, fridge and Wi-Fi. Nice breakfast in the morning supplied or the option of a discount in the attached restaurant.
Large outdoor pool was closed for the season but it looked nice.
We would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank m2mann
Thank you for taking the time to write the review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Our Executive Rooms are big and beautiful. I would put them up againist any room in the NorthEasten Nebraska area. Good news... We filled the pool up this weekend. We are just waiting for the water to warm up. Our pool is so inviting, we had some people jump in while it was around 60 degree water.

Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Norfolk area.
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I was just passing through on my way to Lincoln from ND and it was late and they were very well priced and I was able to relax and get a good nights sleep. I even made it a point to stay there on the way back home as well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank maynard k

We pride ourselves in offering the best room in the area for the best value. Unlike other hotels, we can offer two price points. If you want our Traditional Rooms starting at $49. If you want to pamper yourself in our Executive Rooms, we offer them starting at $69. For the same room at our competitors, you will pay at least $30 more. They have to pay franchise fees, so pass that extra charge onto their guests. Since we are an independent hotel, we don't pay franchise fees and pass that savings onto our guests.

We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Northeastern Nebraska area.
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay. We were on our way to Omaha for a funeral, and the staff was very accomodating.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank LaLagirl1970
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about your loss that required your trip. We are happy that we could make your trip good during your trying time.
Hopefully, you can stay with us again when you are on vacation. The Norfolk Country Inn has a great deal to offer. Again, thank you for the review.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I normally stay in name brand hotels. (normally Marriott) This is a nice hotel without a national name. It is an older hotel, but nice. I like the fact that it offered me two types of rooms. The desk clerk offered me and an economy ($49) and executive room ($89). I asked to see the difference. The economy room was nice for the price (Best Western quality), but I choose the executive room. It was better than some of the nice name brand hotel that I have been in. I was really susprised to find a hotel in a small town that had a large flat panel TV. The bathroom was nicer than mine at home.

I do like that the hotel has free breakfast but also has a restaurant that serves a full breakfast too. I ate the free breakfast two of my three days. I had made made to order one day. The hotel also has a full sports bar (O'Bailey's) on site that serves off the restaurant menu with plenty of TVs, so I can catch up on the game while eating.

Overall, I would say this hotel is a nice gem in the rough. By the looks of the town, there are not too many options of hotels. I shopped around the other hotels in the area.This hotel was nicer than the other hotels I found. The Hampton wanted to charge me $109 and for in my opinion was not as nice as the $89 I got here. If you are staying in Norfork, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want discounted room for a few nights- choose their economy room, but the executive rooms are...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank crymdogd
NorfolkCountryInn, General Manager at Norfolk Country Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are excited that you had a great stay with us. We are always striving to make it better and it sounds like we met your every need.
I would also like to thank you for the positive comment about Bailey's. Our Chef takes great pride in the quality of food that he prepares. Bailey's is not only a guest favorite, but the local people enjoy it too!!! My personal favorite is the Beef Tips. We also have wing Wednedays, when you get Buffalo Wing for 40 cents each. Don't forget Prime Rib Thursday when you get all you cna eat Prime Rib for $21.
With our awesome rooms and great food, we know wewil be seeing you again the next time that you are in the beautiful city of Norfolk, Nebraska.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This hotel was falsely advertised as "newly renovated". The non-smoking room reeked of smoke. The beds were lumpy. The room was very worn and run-down. It had not been cleaned deeply ever. The bathroom was very old and worn. The phone did not work. We were told it was getting replaced immediately and never happened. The lights mounted on the wall were so loose we had to be very careful not jarring them or they would fall. The towel bar fell apart at the slightest touch. No hair drier. The walls were paper thin, peeling, bubbly and rotted in places. The top of the door had a half inch opening, so we had bugs. We bought tape to block it. The drawers were filthy inside; crumbs and stuff. The coffee machine was so dirty; we bought our own soap to clean it. Great water pressure, it could peel paint and skin clean off. The heat lamp in the bathroom ran on a timer, we thought, and then discovered it was broken and stayed on. The pillows had a plastic cover and crunched when you moved your head in them. We had the weekly rate and discovered with that came NO maid service. We would catch the maid and get clean towels daily. The breakfast was minimal. The dining area was so worn down that the seats peeled off on your skin. The coffee cups were all stained inside. It actually became pretty comical as we uncovered more NOT “newly renovated” stuff.

The only redeeming factor was the staff, they were very nice. We didn’t bother complaining about the room for every room we saw was the same. The pool was nice too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for sharing you experience at our hotel. We apolgize that your stay was not up to what you expected. Here at the Norfolk Country Inn, we are constantly upgrading the hotel to make it better for our guests.
We do offer two different room types. We have our Traditional Rooms that are still needing to go through the renovation process. Our other room type is our Executive Rooms. I would put these rooms up againist any hotel room in Norfolk or any other city. There is a great deal of difference in the room type as well as the rates. We understand that the Traditional Rooms need renovation so they are greatly discounted in rate.
To address you cleaning concerns. As part of our extended stay program, any guests that stays over 7 days receives a discounted rate in exchange for weekly housekeeping rather than daily.
We hope that this addresses all you concerns. We would love for you to give us another try the next time that your travels bring you to the Norfolk area.

Travelers are raving about these Norfolk hotels