“Great Service, Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk

New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Leonard, Michigan
“Great Service, Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the end of Jan. 2014 to the end of Feb. 2014 I had a group of men stay at the Victorian Inn.
Some stayed 2 weeks others 4 weeks. We were really happy with the service. Rooms where nice and clean. Staff from the Desk person to the Cleaning crew were very nice. Continental breakfast was abundant and fresh. Pool area and Lobby was very clean. The location of the hotel is great with eateries all around it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for the "AWESOME" 5 star review. We are glad your entire group was able to enjoy some much needed down time together in a relaxing atmosphere, and that they took advantage of our 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub. We were excited that all of your guests enjoyed our spacious rooms, with everyone's room having a 42 inch flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, iron and free WiFi. Our Hot Continental Style Breakfast with over 26 items has been a big hit with many guests. Thanks again for staying, and experiencing the wonderful back home feeling that we try and strive for with each and every guest. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I travel out of my home base of Omaha very often on business ventures am have never been dissatisfied with the New Victorian Inn........I work late into the night and early morning with a radio facility when I stay in Norfolk and am always satisfied. Coming in to rest in the middle of the night where I can sleep into the mid morning, I am amazed how quiet the staff and facility is when I need rest, and I am up front of the building next to the desk area.

It is great to be treated as a customer should be with respect and courtesy.

CJR

Room Tip: They do take pets
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chuck R
Hayden, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The New Victorian Inn is THE place to stay if your in Norfolk , Nebraska ! The Inn has all new carpeting , they just got new matress this last week and the staff is great. The price is the most reasonable in town and if your working the breakfast is opened at 5:00 a.m. every morning and is probably the best I've ever had . All in all this is the place to stay !!!

Room Tip: Go for the king size beds , won't be disappointed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Shawn H
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We recently made a reservation at the Norfolk location when in fact we needed a room at the Lincoln location. Samantha the GM of this Norfolk location went the extra mile to help us transfer our reservation and not charge us extra. A possible $100 mistake was turned into a great customer service experience. Thanks Samantha for going the extra mile to help.

• Stayed August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My dad booked the room for me. I have been gone for awhile and didnt know this hotel was there. The room was great and the kids loved the jaccuzzi tub. The room was beyond expectation. The front desk lady was friendly. I will be staying there when in town more often. I have stayed in bigger city hotels with big names that werent this nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was just passing through Norfolk on business. This hotel is used pretty heavily in the summer by contractors so booking at the last minute during the week might be tough at times. The staff was great and the rooms were better than I expected. Very clean with beds that provided me a good night's sleep. If I need to stay in Norfolk again I won't hesitate staying here. We had considered and even looked at rooms at the Norfolk Country Inn (not to be confused with the Carlson Company Country Inn & Suites) and the Super-8. The Victorian got our business hands down. This turned out to be a nice stop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank waddayouthink
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have to agree with the previous post...It's difficult to accept that this is the 2nd best hotel in Norfolk. This hotel is average at best, so if you are looking to save some money and get a Motel 6 experience (no offense to them) this hotel is fine. What bothered me the most is that the ratings for this hotel are so glowing. They would be better off to be who they are...a lower priced average hotel, not what the reviews pretend them to be...which to me was misleading. On the positive, the employees were pleasant. The negative, the rooms were very dated, and the mattress looked and felt like the mattress on our sleeper sofa. If I had to do it over again, I would spend a little bit more and stay at one of the brand hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Oecon
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hi Oecon,
The TripAdvisor rating system is not based on the Star rating (i.e. 5 Star Embassy) but rather is based on the value received for the price paid.

The value includes cleanliness, amenities received, and rate paid. Occasionally a traveler expects a 5 Star hotel. True, we are not a 5 Star property, but we do offer more than most average (and quite possibly all Motel 6's) because we have 42" flat screens, microwaves, refrigerators, and an iron with ironing board in every guest room. We also have a 24 hour pool/hot tub, and FREE us of all the exercise equipment at the 24 hour Anytime Fitness Center.

Our breakfast bar offers 26 items, and is open from 5a.m. to 11 a.m., except on Sundays when it is open 5 a.m. till 12 noon.

Thank you for praising our professional team that works extremely hard to meet or exceed every guests lodging expectations. They enjoy being recognized by our guests.

One more bright spot, we are replacing all mattresses and box springs.
Thank you for choosing the New Victorian Group,