“The place to stay in Norfolk !”

New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The New Victorian Inn is THE place to stay if your in Norfolk , Nebraska ! The Inn has all new carpeting , they just got new matress this last week and the staff is great. The price is the most reasonable in town and if your working the breakfast is opened at 5:00 a.m. every morning and is probably the best I've ever had . All in all this is the place to stay !!!

Room Tip: Go for the king size beds , won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Shawn H

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We recently made a reservation at the Norfolk location when in fact we needed a room at the Lincoln location. Samantha the GM of this Norfolk location went the extra mile to help us transfer our reservation and not charge us extra. A possible $100 mistake was turned into a great customer service experience. Thanks Samantha for going the extra mile to help.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My dad booked the room for me. I have been gone for awhile and didnt know this hotel was there. The room was great and the kids loved the jaccuzzi tub. The room was beyond expectation. The front desk lady was friendly. I will be staying there when in town more often. I have stayed in bigger city hotels with big names that werent this nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was just passing through Norfolk on business. This hotel is used pretty heavily in the summer by contractors so booking at the last minute during the week might be tough at times. The staff was great and the rooms were better than I expected. Very clean with beds that provided me a good night's sleep. If I need to stay in Norfolk again I won't hesitate staying here. We had considered and even looked at rooms at the Norfolk Country Inn (not to be confused with the Carlson Company Country Inn & Suites) and the Super-8. The Victorian got our business hands down. This turned out to be a nice stop.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank waddayouthink
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have to agree with the previous post...It's difficult to accept that this is the 2nd best hotel in Norfolk. This hotel is average at best, so if you are looking to save some money and get a Motel 6 experience (no offense to them) this hotel is fine. What bothered me the most is that the ratings for this hotel are so glowing. They would be better off to be who they are...a lower priced average hotel, not what the reviews pretend them to be...which to me was misleading. On the positive, the employees were pleasant. The negative, the rooms were very dated, and the mattress looked and felt like the mattress on our sleeper sofa. If I had to do it over again, I would spend a little bit more and stay at one of the brand hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oecon
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Hi Oecon,
The TripAdvisor rating system is not based on the Star rating (i.e. 5 Star Embassy) but rather is based on the value received for the price paid.

The value includes cleanliness, amenities received, and rate paid. Occasionally a traveler expects a 5 Star hotel. True, we are not a 5 Star property, but we do offer more than most average (and quite possibly all Motel 6's) because we have 42" flat screens, microwaves, refrigerators, and an iron with ironing board in every guest room. We also have a 24 hour pool/hot tub, and FREE us of all the exercise equipment at the 24 hour Anytime Fitness Center.

Our breakfast bar offers 26 items, and is open from 5a.m. to 11 a.m., except on Sundays when it is open 5 a.m. till 12 noon.

Thank you for praising our professional team that works extremely hard to meet or exceed every guests lodging expectations. They enjoy being recognized by our guests.

One more bright spot, we are replacing all mattresses and box springs.
Thank you for choosing the New Victorian Group,
Don

Reviewed June 28, 2013

After a long trip, my husband, two small children and I arrived at the hotel very late. Although the gentleman at the front desk was very curtious, it took him about 20 minutes to check us in. To get to our room, we had to use a back entrance, I was concerned about the lack of security measures because that entrance was unlocked but shook it off since it is a smaller chain hotel. When we arrived to the door of our room, there was a pack n play that appeared dirty waiting in the hallway. We then entered our room expecting the decent, clean accommodation that I saw on all the online pictures used for advertisement and were hit with an overwhelming mildew/mold odor. The room was also extremely out dated and unwelcoming. Concerned with the health of our children, ages 3 and 1, my husband went to the front desk to address the issue with the front desk clerk, Kenneth. Kenneth was adament that we were wrong and that it was impossible for there to be mildew or mold in that building. my husband informed him that our family has severe allergies and asthma and he was sure that Kenneth was not qualified to tell us whether the room had mildew/mold and was suitable for our family's needs. Kenneth's solution was to come spray our room with something to cover the smell or he could place us in a different room for the night and air the original room out which we would have to return to for the remaining two nights that we had reserved. My husband told him that those measures would only mask the issue and not solve it. At that time we decided to obtain a room at another hotel and requested a refund. I have stayed at quite a few hotels in the past and this one is one of the worst I have seen. After our experience, i question the legitimacy of most of the written reviews i have found online. there is NO WAY that this is a honestly top rated hotel! We were fortunate to have found a very nice, clean room at a well established hotel for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi Britster,
We are sorry we failed to meet your expectations.
After you left, our management inspected the room and discovered the PTAC (room heat/air unit) drain had become plugged and the water from the air conditioning unit was not draining, but rather accumulating in the drain pan. After opening the drain, the problem was solved.
Again, I am sorry your room had this issue. This is not a normal problem, and was quickly fixed.
Kenneth was correct in his initial assessment that there was not any mold/mildew.

We do have 16 video cameras to monitor and record movement at every entry, in all hallways, pool room, and other areas of interest. We do take guest security seriously.

I am sorry that our pack and play was left in the hall rather than put in your room.
The pack-n-plays we have are sanitized after each use. Many travelers bring their own pak-n-play and other infant necessary items.

I again apologize your experience did not meet your expectations.
The positive reviews from our other guests do reflect a true picture of our properties.
Thanks,
DON

Reviewed June 21, 2013

With fresh coffee offered at all hours, gracious desk clerks and immaculate rooms, this is a great inn. Breakfast was replete with boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit and delicious toaster waffles. The location can't be beat and the rooms are very comfortable. TV was large and easy to see. If the air conditioner had not cycled on and off, the rating would have been a 5.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you Andy for taking time to give us a TripAdvisor review.
Reviews help other travelers by letting them know the value of the New Victorian Group.
Our cleanliness, large 42" flat screens, microwaves, refrigerators, and iron with ironing board are included in every guest room.

Our 26 item breakfast bar, and the long serving hours (5 a,m, - 11 a.m. Mo-Sa, 11 a.m.- 12 noon Su) are also a huge plus, because we figure you pay for your breakfast, the least we can do is have the breakfast room open and ready for you when you choose to eat breakfast. We also make a point that the last breakfast guest has the same choices the first breakfast guest had.

Don