After a long trip, my husband, two small children and I arrived at the hotel very late. Although the gentleman at the front desk was very curtious, it took him about 20 minutes to check us in. To get to our room, we had to use a back entrance, I was concerned about the lack of security measures because that entrance was unlocked but shook it off since it is a smaller chain hotel. When we arrived to the door of our room, there was a pack n play that appeared dirty waiting in the hallway. We then entered our room expecting the decent, clean accommodation that I saw on all the online pictures used for advertisement and were hit with an overwhelming mildew/mold odor. The room was also extremely out dated and unwelcoming. Concerned with the health of our children, ages 3 and 1, my husband went to the front desk to address the issue with the front desk clerk, Kenneth. Kenneth was adament that we were wrong and that it was impossible for there to be mildew or mold in that building. my husband informed him that our family has severe allergies and asthma and he was sure that Kenneth was not qualified to tell us whether the room had mildew/mold and was suitable for our family's needs. Kenneth's solution was to come spray our room with something to cover the smell or he could place us in a different room for the night and air the original room out which we would have to return to for the remaining two nights that we had reserved. My husband told him that those measures would only mask the issue and not solve it. At that time we decided to obtain a room at another hotel and requested a refund. I have stayed at quite a few hotels in the past and this one is one of the worst I have seen. After our experience, i question the legitimacy of most of the written reviews i have found online. there is NO WAY that this is a honestly top rated hotel! We were fortunate to have found a very nice, clean room at a well established hotel for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the unbeatable combination of comfort, value and service you will enjoy while staying with the New Victorian Inn & Suites in Norfolk, NE. Conveniently located only a few blocks east of the intersection of Hwy 275 and Hwy 81, this Nebraska owned hotel provides a complimentary deluxe breakfast bar open extended hours every day. Guest rooms include a flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, complimentary local calls and high speed wireless internet. Our property amenities include a heated indoor swimming pool and hot tub, a business center and guests have access to an offsite 24/7 workout facility for no extra cost. We look forward to having you be our guest at the New Victorian Inn & Suites of Norfolk, NE! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your New Victorian Inn & Suites Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Victorian Inn And Suites
- New Victorian Hotel Norfolk
- New Victorian Norfolk