“BEST LODGING IN NORFOLK”

Norfolk Lodge & Suites Ascend Collection
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is fine luxtury in a small city. Large flat screen TV, very comfortable bed, large room and quiet accomodations. One small glitch that probably won't be repeated but needs mention. On November 3, 2012 around Noon we tried for early check in. The desk staff informed us that check in was at 3pm. One clerk said there were some morning check outs and I asked for a 1pm check in. When we returned at 1pm another clerk said we must wait until 3pm. I explained the previous conversation and she said she overheard it but we must wait. I asked if they were full the night before and she became huffy and said she did not have to check us in until 3pm. At this point I told her I report regularily to Trip Advisor and that we were Choice Privilege members staying on points. Suddenly there was a King available and we checked in. When we left about 1:30pm there was another couple checking in. Management would do well to see who this clerk is and remind them that the customer is always right.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Spent 3 nights here while on business. Beautiful room, comfy & clean. Lovely bathroom with plenty of hot water & good water pressure. Lobby is very welcoming, as is the staff. Everyone, including the maids, were very gracious. Complementary hot breakfast was one of the best anywhere. I was actually a little sorry to leave. If you're in Norfolk, stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived Saturday afternoon for an overnight stay for a family wedding. The lady at the desk was not welcoming and not at all friendly. We reserved a two bedroom king room. Our room had an upstairs with just a sink. (No towels up there). We were not questioned if steps were an issue. We were with my elderly mother. We travel quite a lot but have never stayed here and doubt we will be back. Friendliness is a big deal to me.

The building and grounds are pretty nice. Beds are great and the wedding reception and facilities were very nice.

Room Tip: If you don't want steps down to the bathroom with a 2 bed king suite, be sure to tell them. We...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Waconda
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just stayed almost a week. Super clean and well run place. Great location, great staff. Comfortable Beds, large flatscreen TV, spacious rooms. Staff is fantastic. Bathrooms are big and well stocked. Breakfast choices are a bit lacking but overall this is a great value and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Overlooking grassy area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ResaOfta
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is by far the best place to stay in Norfolk, NE. The rooms are roomy, up-to-date and clean, the lobby is beautiful, the breakfast room and food are bountiful, great pool area, two restaurants on site as well as a putt putt golf course out front (althoug it could use a little maintenance). Great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank midwestsuzanne
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've stayed here on three separate occasions for work and it is wonderful. Beds are big and comfy. Rooms are quiet. The gym room is small but the equipment is clean and nice. The restaurant attached to the hotel is really pretty good (for a bar and grille) and the cookies and the front counter are always welcome. The breakfast is good as well and I can't complain about the coffee! The staff is nice and very accommodating, even remembering what room I liked. If you need to stay in Norfolk, stay at the Lodge.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I reserved a regular king room and was surprised to find out that the room had both an inside and outside entrance. I prefer to not have an outside entrance, so I upgraded to a room that only had an inside entrance. The rooms are a little small, but clean. The breakfast is standard. I wish that I had known about the entrances prior to checking in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple