“Good, all around diner food.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Perkins Restaurant &I Bakery
Ranked #27 of 67 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Good, all around diner food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Safe, predictable food with excellent service. Best service at any Perkins we've ever eaten at. Large, but manageable portions. Very popular after church, based on the long line, but the wait time wasn't bad,

Visited January 2014

Meadow Grove, Nebraska
“Snot Eggs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

For the first week this restaurant was open it was fabulous! After that first week though, everything went downhill. Service is extremely slow, and orders are usually wrong. This last time they brought out a completely different menu item then what I ordered, and didn't seem one bit in the least apologetic. Then when the order finally came out (after my family was done eating), they still got it wrong. Once it was all fixed it still tasted horrible. Bacon was thin and cold, and the eggs that were supposed to be over medium, had a sick, snot like consistency that made me gag. Save your money if your in Norfolk and bypass this place.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank clwyatt1122
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Let Down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was my first experience and it will probably be my last. Service was fairly quick, almost too quick, as my fiancé found his hash browns were still cold and nearly frozen in the center! My French toast was dry...and not one apology was issued for the inconvenience although they spent plenty of time trying to get us to buy a pie or pastry. I was not pleased and this was not worth the money.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank DBbecker8590
Nebraska
“Expected better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

11/15/2013 6 p.m.
We were seated in the back room next to another couple. The waitress (Allison) took the other couple's wife's order, but not the husband, then came over to take our drink request. The other couple had to call the waitress back over to take the husband's order.
Part of our order included coffee and tea. While we appreciated a coffee pot left at our table for our need, only about a cup and a half for the high price leaves a little to be desired. The pot for the tea was about the same. The waitress also spent more time trying to push us to purchase a whole pie than she did taking our order, and never came to check on us after our dinner was given to us.
Nearing the end of our dinner, the restaurant started seating a large group in the area when we and the other couple were seated, and this meant that they were squeezing chairs in around us and over us - not comfortable. The last straw came when the waitress started stacking chairs in front of the fire door... when I asked her to remove the chairs, she gave me a bewildered look, and I then identified myself as a firefighter and asked her again to remove the chairs away from the fire door - it finally got taken care of.
When we left, I advised the manager of these things, and her only response was that the large group was "larger than expected" - I repeated the issues of lack of service and the fire door issue and the manager replied that she'd "look in on it".

• Visited November 2013
nebraska
“Perkins has arrived!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Wonderful service, always a smile! Great portions, excellent prices, clean restrooms, wonderful music-low and easy to listen to! We were seated right away and taken care of almost right away when paying the bill! Keep your receipts--there is 10% off on your next meal if you do the short survey either by phone or online! Oh the goodies they have waiting to temp you at the counter where you pay! Oh my! all in all I give this restaurant a big thumbs up!

• Visited November 2013