“We only eat here when we want ...”

Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: A small, family-owned group of restaurants, hand-crafting food since 1995. We feature wood-fire grilled steaks cooked over full-size logs of oak and ash, award-winning BBQ slow-smoked on premise, homemade desserts and much more.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We only eat here when we want to be ignored, have drinks spilled on us, have dirty dishes and seating, send our steak back to be cooked to the order, and be surrounded by so much noise and chaos that we can't carry on a conversation. If that's the type of dinner experience you want, this is the place. They gave us a $10 coupon for our trouble, but we never went back. Used to eat there all the time ... definitely gone downhill.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great and varied menu, good food, not cheap but not overly expensive.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

service was good, food not as hot as would have liked

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great food, great price. Customer service was excellent and I enjoyed the atmosphere.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I ordered a prime rib medium rare and was told I could only get it medium, medium-well, or well done. When the manager came to our table to ask how our food was I asked him whey I couldn't get a prime rib medium-rare and he told me they are delivered precooked at medium-rare so the best they could do was medium. He apologized, but when it comes down to it, when ordering prime rib I was given a precooked piece of leftover beef. Never again will I eat at this place.