“Not really a Bistro” 2 of 5 bubbles

Franklin's Bistro
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
El Dorado Hills, Ca
“Not really a Bistro”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

When I think Bistro... I think Bistro eating is a style of cooking that involves using fresh, local ingredients to produce delicious, and nutritionally healthy recipes. Not frozen onion rings or chicken strips. Sadly, that's what we found at Franklins. It's not all bad. The burnt ends in a pasta dish were good, I was told. Pass... Not worth it as there are better options in town. On a positive note, the server was great.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MikeandJim

“Poor Food Quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went into restaurant late in evening with family, food quality was poor and waitress acted like she wanted to go home. Cheese on sandwich was not melted and kids meal portion was small. Appetizer was inedible and sent it back. Hopefully things will improve

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pierce, Nebraska
“Fantastic Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I'm really shocked that Franklin's doesn't rate higher among the restaurants of Norfolk. It's truly been a fantastic find for us and we're looking forward to going back again and again.

The staff is super friendly and attentive. Our server was so kind with my mom.

The food was slightly higher priced than is common around here, but it's definitely worth it. We kept comparing it to Applebee's. The prices were similar, if not a bit less at Franklin's, but more importantly, the food was so much better at Franklin's! Everything had that little extra touch that made it stand out. I wasn't expecting much when I found out a side salad came with my pasta. I was shocked when my beautiful salad arrived! Everything we ordered was not only delicious (my husband kept raving about his burger), but well presented and larger portions than we were expecting.

We loved the decor. We all agreed it was our ideal interior for a restaurant. Things were spaced out enough that you didn't feel cramped and the lighting and decorations were perfect.

All in all we were impressed and we had a perfect lunch out.

Thanks, Franklin's Bistro! You're doing a great job!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mainky
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Great Chicken Tortilla Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I have only ordered a few of the menu items and found the chicken tortilla salad to be my favorite! So I never order anything else, you won't be disappointed if you order this salad.

• Visited February 2014
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Best Anniversary dinner EVER!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to Franklin's for our anniversary dinner. It was by far the best steak I have ever had in my life!! Cooked exactly the way I asked and devinely flavored. They suggested a wine for me and it was SPECTACULAR!!! Husband's meal was just as tasty and we had an amazing time. Staff were so nice and accomodating! We will back and back!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Franklin's Bistro? Share your experiences!