“A Pleasant Stay”

Hampton Inn Norfolk
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed April 20, 2010

In order to save about $12.00 per night I had to prepay. It was worth it, just wish I was not forced to do it in order to save.

Clean rooms and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank noles103
NorfolkHamptonInn, Manager at Hampton Inn Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2010

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give feedback on your stay at our hotel. Here at the Hampton Inn-Norfolk, we are always striving for excellence and receiving feedback helps us reach that goal.

As always, we really appreciate your business and if there is anything we can do for you in the future, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Management

Reviewed January 12, 2010

Staff was helpful. The pool was clean and the whirlpool the right temp. Beds were comfortable and room was in great shape. Breakfast was good also. Wish all Hampton Inns had this same quality.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Mofam4
Reviewed October 23, 2008

had to contact directly instead of using my business travel profile due to being booked up. don't think there's really anything going on in town for all the hotels to be booked up. seems like alot of business travel. make sure to check ahead for your dates instead of relying on it to be open. i was able to get a nonsmoking room but it was handicap accessible, which was ok. just a more roomy room and bathroom. it was typical for a brand new hampton. great bed and linens. good location, too. right by the mall, walmart, and plenty of little food places. and, as always, it had a good breakfast. service was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank southernfoodiegirl
Management2, Regional Manager at Hampton Inn Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2009

Thank you for your wonderful review of our Hampton Inn in Norfolk Nebraska!

We strive daily to provide this same experience for all of our valued guests and with reviews such as this, our dedicated staff can celebrate their efforts.

The reviews also provide us the necessary feedback to make our operation better...such as the breakfast bar. The staff recently received feedback regarding breakfast not being re-stocked prior to the 10:00am stop time. Their dedication and committment to the guests experience quickly and effectively implemented procedures to eliminate this particular opportunity.

In conclusion, there are many choices here in Norfolk so thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Management

Reviewed June 20, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn while passing through Norfolk. I was amazed at how nice this hotel was for the price. I have paid twice as much for hotels with a lot less. Everything looked new. The bathroom was beautiful. The bed was more comfortable than the one I have at home and the linens were divine.

The only disappointing thing was the breakfast buffet. I was told that the complimentary breakfast went til 10. When I showed up at a quarter of 10 most of the food was gone and it was obvious that it was not going to be restocked. We went to the breakfast buffet at Prengers, a local restaurant, and were completely blown away. I'm almost glad that we missed the hotel's breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Happyskies
Reviewed April 13, 2007

By giving this hotel five stars, I do not mean to compare it to the Ritz Carlton. It simply seems to be the best in its class. I should also mention I don't travel very often, and what I say may be nothing new to quite a few people.

I have never stayed at the Hampton Inn before, but I always thought of it as being on the budget side of things. Generally, I go for a hotel just a step or two above that. But Trip Advisor rated it as number one in Norfolk, Nebraska and so I decided to book it.

I was little short of amazed by what I got. This is one of the best rooms I've never been in among the chain hotels. The room was large, with the two queen beds I wanted. But there was also a large easy chair and Ottoman. There is often a microwave and refrigerator available, but this refrigerator was double the size of those I had seen before. There is usually a table and chair, but this chair was a comfortable office chair on casters. There was a lap desk. Each bed had five pillows, at least one a lumbar pillow. There was some sort of pad on the bed, making it quite soft and comfortable. Each bed was equipped with a down comforter. Each bed was equipped with a down comforter. The room had extra blankets already in place. The bathroom had a sort of luxurious feel, not like your typical ocean of white plastic.

I suspect that the industry is going toward generally upgrading the quality of rooms. Hampton Inn is off to a great start, particularly since I paid $79 plus taxes for the whole thing!

Going from off the radar for me, Hampton Inns will now go to first place in my future consideration in such situations.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KansasCityHomebody
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Very nice hotel. With our AAA discount, got our room at a reasonable price.
Pool & exercise room are great and the complimentary breakfast was the best I've ever had. Hotel is clean and pleasant. Staff friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank CurlySueOmaha_NE
Reviewed June 24, 2005

This is the nicest motel in the Hampton chain we've stayed in. It is new and beautiful! Very friendly and helpful staff convenient to local restaurants. I hated to leave!

• Stayed: June 2005