“You'll never leave hungry!”
Review of J's Steakhouse and Winebar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice, and each time I haven't been disappointed with the food. The beef tournadoes are delicious! The atmosphere is perfect for a date night. They have an outdoor patio with entertainment that I'm eager to try out this summer.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were in Norfolk for a business meeting and the receptionist at our meeting suggested J's.
We received quick service during the noon hour and I had the Flat iron filet cooked to perfection.
Pricing was very reasonable . I would go there again next time I was in town.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

J's steakhouse looks absolutely great from the outside in. The interior is a bit dusty and overly spacious given the number of people that I've seen eating here.

The food itself is alright. The steaks aren't amazing, but they are fairly decent. The lunch sandwiches and burgers are decently sized and taste adequate. Surprisingly, their shrimp and seafood is above average, which is a rarity for a place in the middle of the country. For my wife and I, none of their food really stands out as excellent.

Don't go if you are in a rush, or if you want a great bang for your buck. Do go if you would like a quiet atmosphere to enjoy some time with your significant other or some friends. It is an excellent place for that sort of gathering.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Escargot....calamari ....steaks...seafood. wine & beer. Great chef Chris. Beautiful property. Norfolk is lucky to have this.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

There are plenty of steaks to choose from, make no mistake, but I am a big fan of salmon. The sweet and spicy salmon at J's is definitely worth checking out. I also enjoyed the fried pickle chips-a different sort of starter.