“Great Steakhouse”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had the filtet... slightly pricey but worth the $. Cooked well and good service. Nice atmosphere on the inside

There are newer reviews for J's Steakhouse and Winebar

Reviewed July 26, 2012

J's Steakhouse is the best restaurant in Norfolk. The steaks, seafood and pasta are all excellent. My family and I eat here frequently and the high quality is always consistent. Prices are reasonable considering the quality of the food, atmosphere and service. Service is always friendly and efficient. I highly recommend J's to anyone looking for a good steak or prime rib.

7  Thank Gustavo_Fring
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Went for a special occasion with my wife, her sister, and her mother. We ordered drinks, entrees, and desserts The server rushed us on our order and was brusque. I had one of the worst filet's I've ever had. It was not a good cut of meat and was over-cooked. The other entrees - ribeye, lobster Davinci, and Walleye - were average. The desserts were unremarkable. The atmosphere was great and the place has potential, but the service and food have room for improvement.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Prices were very high, and the quality of the food that I got for that price did not suit my expectations. I had a dinner which was chicken breast, with an asparagus on top and mashed potatoes. The chicken was dry, the asparagus cold. My husband found his plate to be equally mediocre.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Love J's Steakhouse in Norfolk. Love the atmosphere, service is always good and the food is great! You can sit in the more formal dining room or out in the bar area with high-top tables and chairs and lots of TV's to watch your favorite sport. I particularly love the Black & Bleu Salad, the chicken chowder (SO good) and the Tortellini Carbonara, to name a few I've recently eaten. My husband likes the steaks and the mashed potatoes are awesome. When the weather permits, the patio is a great place to sit, and during the summer, there is live music out there. Oh yeah, extensive wine list, too. Good martinis and nice selection of beer.