“Good but overpriced food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Ole's
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Niobrara
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good but overpriced food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Took my family to Ole's after a September weekend in a cabin in Niobrara State Park. The restaurant was a typical-looking modern diner, with low-quality table and chairs and not much character. It was Sunday morning around 10 am and we were the only people in the restaurant. Perhaps it was the off-season or everyone was at church. Food on the menu was surprisingly expensive for a diner. For example, it was $3 per pancake and you could only order them individually on the side.

After ordering, I noticed our server had a rather nasty cough. I was very tempted to get up and leave at that point, not wanting to pay someone just to make my family and me sick. Thankfully, he wasn't preparing any of the food, and I wasn't aware of any other options for breakfast in Niobrara, so I decided that we would stay.

We ordered a broad variety of the breakfast menu items, and the food turned out to be quite good. Based on this, and despite all of the other shortcomings, I would recommend this restaurant if you find yourself in Niobrara, NE and are looking for a decent breakfast.

• Visited September 2013