“4th Visit to Whispering Pines, and we'll definitely be back!”

and 1 more site!
Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We love Whispering Pines! This was our fourth visit, but the first with two young children in tow. Jeanna was incredibly accomodating, and made sure we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The Traveler's Room is huge, with a king size bed for parents, daybed that was perfect for our three year old, and plenty of space for the baby's pack and play. Breakfast was wonderful as always, and once the kids went to sleep we enjoyed the hot tub. Looking forward to a visit again soon; thanks for the hospitality, Jeanna!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank MUAMY72

Reviewed August 3, 2010

We've been to Whispering Pines with friends twice and scheduled another visit this year. We only live less than an hour away and this is a perfect getaway in the fall. Jeanna even made sure that we had a tv on the lovely wrap-around porch to watch our favorite college football team. The rooms are lovely and clean and breakfast is always a treat. Ask Jeanna to order sugar cookies from the local bakery. They are the best.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank lyndakay
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We returned to Whispering Pines to celebrate my birthday. We stayed in the Rose Room during this stay. I got to spend a total of 5 nights and my husband got to spend 3 of those nights with me. It was really nice being able to spend some time with my husband and also spend some alone time to myself. Diva Days happened to be going on in Nebraska City during this time. I enjoyed being able to take advantage of the coupons and specials offered by the local merchants for Diva Days. Jeanna did everything possible to make my birthday stay at her place an enjoyable and memorable experience. It is so nice having a place to get away from it all without having to drive a far distance from where we live. I will definitely remember this birthday for many years.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2009

My husband surprised me with a trip to Nebraska City for our 10 year anniversary. He had booked a room at the Whispering Pines. We stayed in the private barn room, "The Roost in the Barn". In our room was a bottle of chilled apple wine from a local winery waiting for us with two glasses to start off our romantic stay. It was the most amazing anniversary ever. I was blown away by the beautiful scenery; the majestic oak, the gorgeous stream and ponds, and the great view, looking out over the many acres of land as the sun was setting. Wow! Then we made our way up to the hot tub in our plush robes provided by the owner. I felt like I was far away from home but we were just 45 minutes from our hometown of Council Bluffs. In the morning we arrived at our prearranged time for breakfast. It was truly gourmet, fresh and prepared just for us as we sat at the table with fruit and hot coffee. We enjoyed the friendly conversation with fellow guests and owner, Jeanna Stavis. She is such a meticulous hostess and recommended places for us to visit or eat out. That was our first stay but certainly not our last! We have been back five times now. This year we booked for New Year's and stayed in the basement room, "Victoria's Suite". I found it to be delightful, plus I enjoyed being just a few steps from the hot tub. We also surprised my parent's with a stay for their anniversary. Now they know why we sneak away to our special retreat. They're hooked and are planning another stay in the near future. It's my favorite tradition and I look forward to our next stay. P.S. Don't forget to grab a fresh baked treat from the parlor. We always do!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank letzteach
Reviewed September 10, 2008

My spouse and I have stayed at Whispering Pines 3 times. We love the beautiful Inn and the lovely grounds. Over the past years we have enjoyed the numerous upgrades the 'new' owner has made to the Inn. The Innkeeper/Owner has always been kind and very hospitable. Her breakfasts are delicious!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gabe68
Reviewed April 8, 2008

My wife and I spent two nights in the Roost in the Barn. The barn was a lot nicer than we were expecting. It was very peaceful and quiet. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and cannot wait to return again in the future. It was winter so we will have to return again during warmer weather. Jeanna is very nice and accomodating. Her breakfasts were absolutely delicious. It was such a pleasure meeting her and getting to know her during our stay. Whispering Pines is definitely one of the hidden gems of Nebraska City. We are so glad to have found such a wonderful place. We highly recommend this place to others. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 27, 2007

The house is located on beautiful grounds. Although the owner said it was in a walking distance from town, it would be a little far to walk. The owner was very friendly and accommodating. However, this is one of the worst B&B's I've ever stayed in. Breakfast was just average. But the biggest problem was the room. I should have realized from the lack of pictures on the website. It was described as having a private entrance. This is because it is in the basement! It felt like we were staying in a friend's basement that they had remodeled in the 80's at Home Depot and had not touched since, not like we were staying in a historic B&B. The only good thing was the room was clean. The room was very small - there was almost no room to walk around the bed. The ceiling was very low, and there was no natural light. Bugs congregated by the motion light outside the door. There was no TV in the room. The cleaning supplies, such as the plunger, were out in the open in the bathroom, as if it was someone's home, not a B&B. The shower had a hand held head, and the holder was broken, meaning I had to hold it while shower. The drain was broken as well. This meant that on top of holding the shower, I had to periodically stand on one foot to drain the shower. The room cost over $100 and was not worth the money. I would not stay here again - it was not a charming, intimate B&B. The best part was the friendly owner - the worst part was the room.

• Stayed: July 2007
#3 of 3 in Nebraska City
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!