“Beautiful Grounds”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Beautiful Grounds”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The grounds and area were pretty, rustic and charming. The pool was Olympic size and great! The complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby was nice before the start of the meeting I was attending. The The room, lobby and building was clean. The staff was friendly and courteous. There were a few issues: the shower did not drain properly, the rooms were very warm when you entered them and the restaurant service was very slow. I ate at the restaurant several times throughout my stay and with the exception of breakfast it was a long experience. The food was ok but not great.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry for the issues you had with your room. Please know that we have a maintenance department available 24 hours if you have issues. I do wish you could have enjoyed every aspect of your stay, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy the grounds and the coffee at least. We are truly sorry for the slow service you received in our dining room. We do appreciate you letting us know the areas we need to improve in. I do hope you will come again soon and let us try again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Lied Lodge is a slice of paradise in Nebraska City, Nebraska. One would not expect to find this nice of facility located in a town of 8000. The facility is wonderful, the food options at the restaurant are very tasty and well done. The overall experience with the walking trails, big indoor pool and the feel of getting away is much different than most hotels. The gift shop carries many local items, including the wines made for the facility, absolutely love the Morten's Reserve. Great experience, always treated well and the facility and atmosphere are awesome.

Room Tip: The north side upper floors offer a great view of the Morten House, Tree Adventure and Nut Grove
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank William R
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. There are a lot of activities to partake in and it sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of them. We hope to see you again soon.
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Beautiful lodge - the lobby is magnificent, welcoming and comfortable. Love the cozy chairs and décor. Our kids loved the apples in lobby there to eat. Enjoyed the complimentary coffee in the morning while relaxing in the lobby.
Rooms are very nice. Bathroom is kind of small. This may sound weird but the toilets were SO LOUD when flushing. I was afraid we would wake up people in our room or those around us if we flushed at night!
We had five people total in our room with two queen beds. They had a twin-size aerobed inflated in our room when we arrived - so nice!
We were there mid-week, so it was quiet and peaceful. Our room was on 3rd floor (lobby level) at very end of the hall. It was a little bit of a walk, but very quiet. Nice to not have to get in elevator to get to lobby.
Pool was gorgeous. Loved the large windows in pool room overlooking the orchard. Lounge chairs were nice and lots of clean towels available. Hot tub was awesome.
Guests from the previous night had left some leftover glasses and dirty dishes (kind of gross) by the back side of the fireplace in lobby near the "rocking chairs" . I informed an employee and it was cleaned up within minutes.
We did not eat in restaurant. The menu would have been nice for just my husband and I, but didn't feel our kids would have appreciated the "gourmet" offerings.
Overall, it was a very nice stay - fun to walk to Arbor Farms from the Lodge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather R
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your time here. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm also glad you chose us to have a little family vacation. It sounds like you had a good time at the pool. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to visit our restaurant. Please know next time that we do have a children's menu available on request. Maybe you can go next time you are here. I'm glad we were able to get the dishes cleaned up promptly for you to enjoy the fireplace. Please come again.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I really like staying here. The whole vibe is calm, homey and relaxing. This was my second visit, the first was several years ago for an anniversary trip and this time to meet friends for a weekend away from the fam. Beautiful location with great walking trails right from the back of the lodge that lead you over to Arbor Day Farm. The rooms are on the small side with limited amenities and could use some minor cosmetic updates (paint touch ups and carpet wear), but have a charming rustic feel and fantastic, comfortable beds. The internet access has recently been upgraded to wireless in the rooms, but we had inconsistent access from our 2nd floor rooms. On the weekends they hold a very reasonably priced wine tasting in the evenings featuring the Arbor Day Farms label, which are all quite good and you can buy bottles in the gift shop, so be sure to bring a bottle opener for your room! The restaurant has been a mixed bag for us. Our first visit the food was exceptional. This most recent visit was hit or miss. In my opinion the potato crusted salmon should not be a piece of salmon with a lump of hashbrowns on top, particularly given the price. My friends enjoyed their entrees though felt they were over-priced. Breakfast was buffet only, but the spread was nice and we had no complaints. Overall, I love coming here if just for the relaxing atmosphere!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank LKelly4788
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the scenery, but I wish we could have provided a great experience in everything. I'm sorry your meal wasn't as good as it could have been. I do hope you will come again and let us make it right. I do appreciate you letting us know the ways we can improve on. It is our goal to provide excellent customer service, so this will help us to improve in that.
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Spent two nights here on a weekend getaway with my wife. Wonderful lodge setting amidst rolling hills and orchards. Comfortable bed, and one of the best hotel pools and hot tubs I've ever experienced. The pool is actually long enough to swim real laps in. Lovely walking trails and a true gourmet restaurant on site. The lobby area is a great place to gather in the evening and read or just watch the sun set. The internet in the rooms is pretty spotty and slow, but access in the lobby is great. If this facility wishes to book more conferences, etc., they're going to need to upgrade the internet speed/access in the rooms. Business folks won't stand for the level of internet service currently available in the rooms. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay, and we plan to return.

Room Tip: King rooms on the 3rd floor (north side) have big doors/windows that open to overlook the hazelnut o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YorkResident
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you experienced trouble with our internet, but I do appreciate you letting us know. I am glad you were able to enjoy our pool and hot tub, along with the walking trails. We hope you enjoy your next stay with us.
Forest City, Iowa
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed at the lodge this weekend and were enamored with this place. The hotel and property surrounding it were amazing. I think if we had visited in the fall or spring it would have been difficult to get us to leave ;) Even with the brown grass and dormant trees of winter it was still so beautiful. We really enjoyed our time at the Arbor Day Adventure barn for the wine tasting. The staff there was so inviting. Our meal at the lodge was fantastic--bison burger for the hubby and veggies (on a bun) for me. So great! We were even able to get in almost a mile of laps in the pool after a great run outside. The lone dumbbell in the weight room made me laugh though...the only downfall of the entire 2 mile radius! I could have sat in the lounge and stared at the ceiling for hours. Such a beautiful, relaxing, picturesque place. Thank you Lied Lodge!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the double doors to open to the park, so fun to drink coffee in the morning with...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Reynoldsmissy
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful words! It makes us happy to hear the relaxing experiences enjoyed by our guests. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the trails and pool. Hopefully you can make it back when the trees are blooming in the spring or when the leaves are changing color in the fall.
fremont
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We just returned from a great relaxing weekend at Lied Lodge, Ne city. We have been there before and alway love it. Once we get there we just stay there and enjoy the suroundings. We did walk the trail over the apple barn and have apple pie.It was a very nice march day. We enjoyed the the nice pool and sauna, looks like they done some nice upgrade to lighting etc. plenty of towels and lounge chairs. We ate our meals in the lodge restaurant which is great surroundings with wood columms and looking out the windows at Arbor Lodge. They usually offer great buffets on weekends. Our hose Ashley was delightful with a smile and friendly, and our waiter Tasah which was great. If you havent been here , you need to check it out. If sitting by the fireplace and reading or on your computer in a very relaxing setting this is the place. Wine tasting on friday and saturday evenings is always fun. We will go back again.

Room Tip: The third floor here is the main lobby level where you can walk out first thing in the morning and g...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roger n
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear you had such a relaxing and enjoyable time here. It sounds like you were able to enjoy everything we had to offer here. That most truly adds to your experience. I'm sure we will see you again. Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nebraska City
#3 of 4 in Nebraska City
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#2 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!