“You will not be disappointed!”

Lied Lodge & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed at the lodge this weekend and were enamored with this place. The hotel and property surrounding it were amazing. I think if we had visited in the fall or spring it would have been difficult to get us to leave ;) Even with the brown grass and dormant trees of winter it was still so beautiful. We really enjoyed our time at the Arbor Day Adventure barn for the wine tasting. The staff there was so inviting. Our meal at the lodge was fantastic--bison burger for the hubby and veggies (on a bun) for me. So great! We were even able to get in almost a mile of laps in the pool after a great run outside. The lone dumbbell in the weight room made me laugh though...the only downfall of the entire 2 mile radius! I could have sat in the lounge and stared at the ceiling for hours. Such a beautiful, relaxing, picturesque place. Thank you Lied Lodge!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the double doors to open to the park, so fun to drink coffee in the morning with...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Reynoldsmissy
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful words! It makes us happy to hear the relaxing experiences enjoyed by our guests. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the trails and pool. Hopefully you can make it back when the trees are blooming in the spring or when the leaves are changing color in the fall.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We just returned from a great relaxing weekend at Lied Lodge, Ne city. We have been there before and alway love it. Once we get there we just stay there and enjoy the suroundings. We did walk the trail over the apple barn and have apple pie.It was a very nice march day. We enjoyed the the nice pool and sauna, looks like they done some nice upgrade to lighting etc. plenty of towels and lounge chairs. We ate our meals in the lodge restaurant which is great surroundings with wood columms and looking out the windows at Arbor Lodge. They usually offer great buffets on weekends. Our hose Ashley was delightful with a smile and friendly, and our waiter Tasah which was great. If you havent been here , you need to check it out. If sitting by the fireplace and reading or on your computer in a very relaxing setting this is the place. Wine tasting on friday and saturday evenings is always fun. We will go back again.

Room Tip: The third floor here is the main lobby level where you can walk out first thing in the morning and g...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roger n
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear you had such a relaxing and enjoyable time here. It sounds like you were able to enjoy everything we had to offer here. That most truly adds to your experience. I'm sure we will see you again. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to Nebraska City to a conference at the Lied Conference Center. To begin with, the setting could not be in a more picturesque setting. If it had not been the dead of winter, I would have taken advantage of the countless pathways through the woods and nature walkways that beckon every guest. The walls of every common area in Lied Lodge are adorned by verse and inspirational writings of woods and trees. In case you don't know, Nebraska City is known as the home of Arbor Day and the theme of Lied Lodge is the wonder and love of trees. The best description of the Lodge is a mix of Great Wolf Lodge meets Marriott Residence Inn. My exposure to all that was available to enjoy was limited since I my stay was with a conference group. I did not go to the spa, get to swim in the pool or go to the workout center. However, I will be hoping to return with my family and take advantage of the lodge when the weather is nicer and I can take advantage of the beautiful setting. Also available at the Arbor Day Village at Lied are Tree House accommodations which looked like fun for kids and families! So much to do and so little time if you are a nature lover. If you are looking for a vacation, conference setting or weekend retreat with lots of social activity and night life this may night be the right destination for you. My weekend stay felt like a week of restoration and rejuvenation - just right!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnBSilver
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I do hope you get to come back with your family, since your first trip was business. We appreicate the nice pictures you posted as well. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here. I'm sure your next stay will be most enjoyable, especially when you get to be a part of what we have to offer.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Everything was very well organized from check in to the wine tasting later that night. Our room was very clean and environmentally friendly. The rooms decor was done with recycled material, and they give you the option of reusing your towels to help keep water usage down. The restaurant in the lodge was excellent with the waiter offering us a great special that really was unique and tasty. We stopped at the little bar right next to the restaurant and it was very inviting with a nice wine list and a friendly bartender. We then made our way to the huge fire place that is the center piece in the main receiving area. It was very special for us to sit back in the rocking chairs with the fire blazing in front of us and finish our bottle of wine. To finish the night we put on our swim suits and went to the hot tub in the basement of the lodge where we were surprised that we were the only ones with that idea. The next day we had the Sunday brunch that was average but still good. The experience was excellent and we plan on going again to relax, and enjoy each others company.

Room Tip: Ask for a view to the north that overlooks the apple orchard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank comp5185
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for telling us about your stay here. Wow! It sounds like your evening was ideal. It sounds like a wonderful evening filled with relaxation. I'm glad we were the ones you chose to spend your time with. Hopefully we will see you again soon to create some more memories.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I recently stayed for one night here and the hotel was nice. My room was clean and the wifi worked well. The 25yard pool was a nice place to get some exercise in. I had no problems during my stay. Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom M
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am glad you had a good time. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our pool. We hope you can stay again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

"Lobby" really isn't the word for it, the wonderfully timbered main hall of the lodge. We holed up here with family for Christmas. I wake up early. It was great to be able to slip into the lobby and read in one of those great old Stickney chairs. Pool and spa are first-rate, too.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Isern1952
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am very happy you enjoyed our beautiful lobby. I agree that is so nice to relax in our comfortable chairs and read. I do hope you will be able to come again soon and relax some more.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have stayed at this property every year for a family get together and so look forward to it! The rocking chairs in the lobby next to the massive fireplace beg to be sat in while drinking wine and chatting. The Library Lounge is fantastic...cozy, with great local beers on tap and generous pours, great snacks and bartenders. The breakfast buffet is something we look forward to as well, although the selections seemed more limited this year( no yummy apple topping for the waffles, etc.) On this stay, we noticed that the sleeping rooms are showing wear and tear. PLEASE...don't let this beautiful property go downhill! The case goods are showing wear, the showers are looking and smelling like they need a facelift, and our bed looked (and felt) like the queen mattress was shoved on a full frame. Odd. We will be back at this time, but hope to see improvements!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne D

Thank you for your comments. While I am greatly excited that you were able to relax in our facility, I am also very sorry that you experienced some issues with the rooms. While sometimes hard to hear, we do appreciate comments that show us how we can improve. We are very appreciative that you do care about our success. I do want to assure you we do take to heart your comments and we do want to improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nebraska City
Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!