“A refreshing get-away location”

Lied Lodge & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We've stayed several times at the Lied Lodge in Nebraska. For those of us living in Kansas City it is a 2 hr drive. It is a lovely hotel with a beautiful lobby and very comfortable, well appointed rooms. Not another cookie cutter establishment. We enjoy the presence of the Arbor Day Farm and any time of the year is enjoyable. One of our best trips there was with a group of friends in February and a lot of snow on the ground. We walked through the forest on the cleared trails and really enjoyed the frosty winterscape. We also enjoy the wine tastings. Napa Valley and Bordeaux, France don't have to worry about fierce competition from Nebraska wines, but they do have their own kind of charm. And it's fun to sip wine in front of the big fireplace in the lobby.
The restaurant is good and the service is friendly. A nice bar area, although if you're there on a weekend when the Univ. of Nebraska is playing a football game, the bar is a sea of red as they cheer on their team! There is also a big pool and nice spa services. After spending a long weekend there we feel very refreshed and appreciate that it is so close to us. They also have facilities for conferences and other events. Another one of the best kept secrets of the American Middle West.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with patios that are nice when the weather is good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you are refreshed after staying here. It sounds like you did have a good time by the fire with your friends drinking wine. We do appreciate you coming all the way from Kansas to see us. It is enjoyable every season. Come again very soon. We would be delighted to see you again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at the lied lodge for four days on a business retreat. When I entered the parking lot, I noticed how peaceful the property seemed. The lodge is big, quiet, sitting on a wooded lot The path leading up to the lodge is lined with trees with markers identifying the type. Entering the lobby I was greeted with the delicious smell of fresh baked apple pie! There are bowls of apples around the lobby for guests to enjoy (such a nice touch - and I DID enjoy the apples!).

The staff was friendly and helpful, and I really enjoyed the stay. The trail through the woods was beautiful. The conference facilities were also great. There was a constantly stocked snack bar on the conference level. The food was all very good, although there seemed to be a tendency to serve the same items each day. I don't know if it is the property or the conference planner that chooses the selections. The only other negative of the stay was that the cleaning staff didn't do as good of a job as I would like. There were sizable crumbs next to the bed and my soap was thrown out after the first night and not replaced. The front desk was happy to replace the soap, but I think the cleaning staff needs to do a better job.

Since I was attending a work retreat, I was not able to check out the Tree Adventure. I would like to go back on a family trip to do some of the activities I didn't have a chance to do. There is a spa, but I did not have an opportunity to use the spa during this stay. The pool area looked very nice, but I did not get to use it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay. I apologize that the cleaning department didn't do as good as we would have hoped, but we do appreciate you letting us know so we can improve in that way. I'm glad the conference went well for you. I hope you get to come back when you can enjoy a leisure stay and make sure to check out the pool, Tree Adventure, and Spa area. I know you will enjoy those.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had a great stay here. Be careful if you get up in the middle of the night, I heard of many that walked into one of the big beams in the room, I thought this was funny. For dinner, didn't like the bison roast, which was all shredded up. All the other food that I had was great. Over all, myself and evryone at our conference had a great stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad overall you had a good time. I'm sorry you didn't like the bison, but I'm glad to hear the rest of the food was good for you. Maybe sometime you can come back when you aren't at a conference and enjoy a leisure stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The experiences we had here this weekend were priceless, and completed a wonderful trip in Nebraska city. The front desk for very helpful, and accommodating. The rooms were a little on the small side, but were very warm and inviting. Everything felt outdoorsy and natural. We were all very happy with our stay plan to return next year.

• Stayed: September 2013
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We appreciate your comments. I'm gald you enjoyed the natural settings of the Lodge and the staff. We love hearing when someone's stay was perfect. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope you can stay again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

wife and i spent the weekend of august 16&17 at the lodge. very relaxing weekend. that was our second time to go there, that why we went back again this year. wonderful setting,great food and everyone was so very courtesy, that is not always the situation in all place|

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you came back to visit us again. It's nice to hear that your weekend here was good. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay. Please come back again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

First time ever to Nebraska on a college visit for my daughter. The Lied is a real treasure. Nestled in the green trees on a wonderful hilly slope the hotel is beautiful and truly inspired by the surroundings. The rooms are tiny, but they are lovely each room has a view and the air is clean and fresh. Our room was a 2 Queen and we had a big timber pole in the room which brought the outside in. The beds were comfy and the pillows were perfect. Since we were new to the area we ate onsite and we were quite happy. On Friday and Saturday night there was a nice wine tasting in the lobby. Be sure to eat onsite, the outside terrace makes for a wonderful dining spot and the food is wonderful. We enjoyed appetizers, breakfast and a light dinner. Front Desk staff was warm and friendly, in the restaurant Chase and Treva were delightful, friendly and so prompt. I can say the only negative was the hostess Deb who seated us at about 8:30 on Saturday night. She did not evoke the spirit that the rest of the staff did and we felt a little uncomfortable waiting to be seated. Thank goodness Treva was our server as the rain drops began to fall she made sure my daughter and I were well taken care of. I will be back to the Lied for sure it is a wonderful place to rest and restore.

Room Tip: Ask to face Nebraska City High School
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for telling us how your visit went. I am so glad you got to enjoy the wine tasting, the menu in the dining room, and the fresh air. I am so sorry about the way the hostess made you feel. We do appreciate your letting us know so we can improve in our customer service. We do hope to have you stay with us again soon so we can make every aspect of your stay better then before.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This Frank Lloyd Wright inspired lodge is set beautifully in the midst of all the trees at the Arbor Day Foundation. The rooms are architecturally compatible with the overall theme of bringing the outdoors in, but also very comfortably appointed. The lobby is massive and breathtaking and the restaurant nearby serves very delicious, hearty meals taking advantage of foods grown on the farm. Our stay there was a unique and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am happy you that enjoyed your time here, and we hope that you can stay with us again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nebraska City
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#2 of 4 in Nebraska City
Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!