All reviews lied lodge olympic size vaulted ceilings kiddie pool quiet hours sized pool french doors family reunion apple pie hot tub library lounge a wonderful stay tree trunks natural setting rolling hills nice pool fitness room
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just spent the weekend here at a retreat. It was my first visit and I look forward to visiting again on a personal get away. It is a beautiful lodge in a beautiful setting. It is a great place to spend time alone or with your speacial someone undisturbed. It would be beautiful here in the winter or during the summer when the natural setting would come alive. There are beautiful trails or you can sit outside on the sunny deck and enjoy! The restaurant and service are excellent. The rooms are cozy and comfortable. ALL the staff are friendly and helpful. I plan to bring my husband here on one of our motorcycle getaway weekends. If you need a place to host an event, plan a beautiful wedding, or just get away from your daily routine, THIS is the place!!!

Room Tip: All rooms woul NOT disappoint you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Roseburgeson S
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hearing from satisfied guests is one of the highlights of our day -- and hearing from you is no different. Thank you for sharing your Lied Lodge experience, and we look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Everytime I go the the Lied Lodge my shoulders relax the moment I walk in the door. There is much to see and do outside of the hotel, but the fireplaces, lounge, awesome restaurant and wonderful pool area are great too!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the top floow with arboretum view - quieter and better view..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lori R

Excellent! We're glad you've found a place to kick back and relax, and it's our pleasure to welcome you back again very soon. Thanks for taking a moment to post your review.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Lied Lodge in Nebraska City is a refuge from city dwelling! Totally unexpected luxury in small town Nebraska. The natural finishes with huge timbers and stone totally take a person back to nature and away from the hassels of day-to-day life. Everything is extraordinary! The dining room is lovely with delicious, well-prepared, creative dishes. The grounds provide a walking trail through a wooded area. Just gorgeous! We have stayed at the Lied Lodge many times and each time we arrive and grab the handle of the huge front door, it's like all our stress goes out of us and into that handle. Wonderful!

Room Tip: We pay a little extra to stay on the top floor. The cathedral ceilings with wood paneling is well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nomad062_10

Thank you! Hearing from satisfied guests is among our top honors at Lied Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We've stayed at the Lied Lodge a few times before and were really looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend getaway. The hotel didn't seem very busy. My husband and I were able to enjoy the pool and get a duet massage. I'm five months pregnant and the prenatal massage was the best massage I've ever had!!! We have never really eaten at the lodge and I agree with many of the other posters that the food is not great. We ate the breakfast buffet both mornings and it wasn't bad. The potatoes and bacon are yummy, but the pancakes were really dry and the fruit looked a little blah. We also ordered nachos one night and the toppings were minimal...we were mostly left with a plate of tortilla chips. Our main complaint was our location, the noise and the bed wasn't that comfortable. Remember, I said we came for a RELAXING weekend? Well, our room was right next to the stairs/outside entrance/soda machine. We constantly heard screaming kids, running back and forth and slamming doors...ALL NIGHT! The people next to us sounded like they were hammering on the wall! Our bed was a little lumpy and left us both with sore backs. We've never experienced this before while staying here and I will definitely request a room away from an entrance and away from families with young children. I understand that this is a family place (we have a nine year old daughter of our own), but the noise was ridiculous! As always, the people are very courteous and rooms are clean. I forgot that the rooms don't have microwaves or refrigerators. Not a big deal, but did prevent us from buying the homemade juices, pies, etc. because we didn't have anywhere to store them during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We want 100% of your stay at Lied Lodge to be relaxing and enjoyable, and your comments help us pinpoint areas that could stand some improvement. We appreciate your input and hope you'll stay at Lied Lodge again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed one night at Lied Lodge. We had a great time at Lied Lodge and in NE City. We had a room with two queens. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. The pool was awesome. We have two kids, 9 and 11, and they thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. The pool was huge. We walked the property as it was very scenic with woods, orchards, and trees all around. It was a very relaxing environment...would definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OK_FB_FANS
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Wonderful! We're glad your visit to Lied Lodge was enjoyable -- and yes, the younger set especially loves our Olympic-sized pool! We look forward to welcoming you back to Lied Lodge again soon. Thank you.