All reviews lied lodge olympic size vaulted ceilings kiddie pool sized pool quiet hours french doors family reunion apple pie hot tub library lounge a wonderful stay natural setting tree trunks rolling hills first floor nice pool
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Open your mind and soul and experience this location. Lots to do with family or just in solitude. I love the decor of the room - hewn beams, great views from the windows, comfortable beds. The restaurant serves good food and has friendly staff. Even the gift shop has unique items.

Room Tip: Ask to look over the back side
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KoalaGal
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Wonderful! It sounds like you were able to relax and enjoy your surroundings during your stay. Please come and visit again. Thank you!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My bathroom was outdated and not very clean (as in it hasn't been kept very clean for many years so the shower and floor were kinda yucky) and the room was pretty basic and boring. My room was right next to the elevator and the rooms must not have very thick walls because I heard every ding, every foot step, and every word anyone said while anyone was in the hallway near my room. So, I didn't sleep well the 2 nights I stayed. The food at the lodge was not good. I ate there for several meals and never had anything I was very impressed with. It was hard to even find anything on the menu that looked appetizing. The wait staff was just awful and the whole experience was disappointing. However, they did a wonderful job on my company's business meeting that was held in 1 of their conference rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AL W
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. We apologize that your experience was not as enjoyable as it could have been, but we do appreciate that you've brought your concerns to us. We hope to earn your business back in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We always enjoy our weekends away at Lied Lodge with the Castle like atmospher & breakfast on the balcony over looking the orchard. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to make our stay top notch.

Room Tip: Several different room types to meet every need. We enjoyed a spacious double room with a walk out patio close to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan A

Fantastic! Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again to Lied Lodge. Thank you!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

On the morning of our conference, I was on the deck watching 8 wild turkeys walking along the lawn. Really an close encounter with nature with trails through the woods, a nature playground, hayrack rides, near the Morton mansion, good food. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: Avoid the room right next to the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank skiNebraska
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Wonderful! We're glad you enjoyed some nature while you were here. What a great time of year to visit, too --- the colors are spectacular this fall. Thank you, and we hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My new husband and I recently stayed at Lied Lodge for our "minimoon". I will start off with the positives. First of all, the scenery outside was breathtaking. If you choose to go here, go during the autumn. I think we picked the perfect time, which was the first week in October. It is a short walk away from Arbor Lodge State Historical Site (which we did not get a chance to go to) and the Arbor Day Farm. The pool area was great. There is a large swimming pool, hot tub, kiddie pool, sauna, and exercise room. The best part about it was that both days we had the whole area to ourselves. Keep in mind we were there during the middle of the week during the school year, so most everyone staying there was there for business. The staff was very friendly and the woman at the front desk was very helpful.

Unfortunately, I have more complaints than praise. The absolute biggest downside are the rooms themselves. We stayed in a first floor patio room with a queen bed. I loved the patio, but everything else about the room was sub-par. The room needed serious updating. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable; the worst two nights of sleep my husband and I can remember for a while. Because of the poor sleep, we had to leave the Tree Adventure after a few hours and go take a nap. By the time we woke up, it was closed. The room was small for the price we paid. Not that this was a huge deal for me, but I was surprised to see a CRT television considering that they strive for eco-friendliness. The thermostat in the room appeared to be just for show. During the day the air conditioner (which was very loud, BTW) ran constantly and it got very chilly. At night the heater kicked on and also ran all night and it got too warm. They say there is only wi-fi available in the lobby and business center, and you need a cord to access the internet in the rooms. Once again, this is surprising considering much of their clientele is business travelers, and, you know, it's 2012. I will tell you, however, we were able to get the wi-fi just fine in our room, and we were just about as far away from the lobby as you can get.

We ate two breakfasts and one dinner at the restaurant. The dinner was overpriced and we did not get enough food to justify the high cost. It was good food, however, but there wasn't much choice and there wasn't a whole lot that appealed to us. The breakfast was paid for because we got the Bed and Breakfast package. You get a voucher for breakfast for each morning you are there and you can order anything off the menu or get the buffet. The breakfast was very good, but I do not believe the B&B Package was worth it. It cost us $20 more a night, and I don't think we would have spent $20 either day. For the price, I think they should have had the option to have the breakfast taken to your room. Side note: We ate dinner one night at Parker's Smokehouse in town. Highly recommended. Cheaper than the restaurant at the hotel and a lot more food.

This is going to sound very silly, but my absolute biggest complaint is this. They say when you go on your honeymoon, you should mention this to as many people as possible because you'll get upgrades. :) The hotel in Omaha (where we stayed the night of the wedding) gave us free breakfast and sent up wine, cheese, and crackers. We did not have such an experience at Lied Lodge. I know, it sounds funny that I'm complaining that we did not get free stuff, but for the price we paid, I would have expected at least a free bottle of wine (after all, they have a winery on site) or maybe a voucher to their on-site spa. Also for the price, I would have expected that the Tree Adventure admission be included, but it was not.

In summary, we had a nice, relaxing trip at the Lied Lodge, but we do not think it was worth the price we paid. We will probably not be back unless they upgrade the rooms and most definitely replace the beds.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Courtney F

Thank you for your feedback. You will be pleased to know that room renovations are coming soon to Lied Lodge, so we hope you'll come back again and see for yourself the improvements we're planning. Again, we appreciate your input. Thank you!