“Minimoon at the Lied Lodge” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lied Lodge & Conference Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Lied Lodge & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nebraska City
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Minimoon at the Lied Lodge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My new husband and I recently stayed at Lied Lodge for our "minimoon". I will start off with the positives. First of all, the scenery outside was breathtaking. If you choose to go here, go during the autumn. I think we picked the perfect time, which was the first week in October. It is a short walk away from Arbor Lodge State Historical Site (which we did not get a chance to go to) and the Arbor Day Farm. The pool area was great. There is a large swimming pool, hot tub, kiddie pool, sauna, and exercise room. The best part about it was that both days we had the whole area to ourselves. Keep in mind we were there during the middle of the week during the school year, so most everyone staying there was there for business. The staff was very friendly and the woman at the front desk was very helpful.

Unfortunately, I have more complaints than praise. The absolute biggest downside are the rooms themselves. We stayed in a first floor patio room with a queen bed. I loved the patio, but everything else about the room was sub-par. The room needed serious updating. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable; the worst two nights of sleep my husband and I can remember for a while. Because of the poor sleep, we had to leave the Tree Adventure after a few hours and go take a nap. By the time we woke up, it was closed. The room was small for the price we paid. Not that this was a huge deal for me, but I was surprised to see a CRT television considering that they strive for eco-friendliness. The thermostat in the room appeared to be just for show. During the day the air conditioner (which was very loud, BTW) ran constantly and it got very chilly. At night the heater kicked on and also ran all night and it got too warm. They say there is only wi-fi available in the lobby and business center, and you need a cord to access the internet in the rooms. Once again, this is surprising considering much of their clientele is business travelers, and, you know, it's 2012. I will tell you, however, we were able to get the wi-fi just fine in our room, and we were just about as far away from the lobby as you can get.

We ate two breakfasts and one dinner at the restaurant. The dinner was overpriced and we did not get enough food to justify the high cost. It was good food, however, but there wasn't much choice and there wasn't a whole lot that appealed to us. The breakfast was paid for because we got the Bed and Breakfast package. You get a voucher for breakfast for each morning you are there and you can order anything off the menu or get the buffet. The breakfast was very good, but I do not believe the B&B Package was worth it. It cost us $20 more a night, and I don't think we would have spent $20 either day. For the price, I think they should have had the option to have the breakfast taken to your room. Side note: We ate dinner one night at Parker's Smokehouse in town. Highly recommended. Cheaper than the restaurant at the hotel and a lot more food.

This is going to sound very silly, but my absolute biggest complaint is this. They say when you go on your honeymoon, you should mention this to as many people as possible because you'll get upgrades. :) The hotel in Omaha (where we stayed the night of the wedding) gave us free breakfast and sent up wine, cheese, and crackers. We did not have such an experience at Lied Lodge. I know, it sounds funny that I'm complaining that we did not get free stuff, but for the price we paid, I would have expected at least a free bottle of wine (after all, they have a winery on site) or maybe a voucher to their on-site spa. Also for the price, I would have expected that the Tree Adventure admission be included, but it was not.

In summary, we had a nice, relaxing trip at the Lied Lodge, but we do not think it was worth the price we paid. We will probably not be back unless they upgrade the rooms and most definitely replace the beds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Courtney F
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. You will be pleased to know that room renovations are coming soon to Lied Lodge, so we hope you'll come back again and see for yourself the improvements we're planning. Again, we appreciate your input. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Lied Lodge is a wonderful place to stay whether it is for a quiet getaway or family fun. It is located on Arbor Day farm. You can relax and enjoy its beautiful scenery or take your family on a "tree Adventure".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eghlou
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you! We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. We appreciate your feedback.
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had an overnight stay (Friday - Saturday) at the Lied Lodge & Conference Center in Nebraska City, NE. My overall experience was slightly above average. When I called down to the front desk to request additional bathroom amenities, the representative said I would have to come down to the front desk because they were short-staffed. Although I thought the overall look and feel of the hotel was nice, the service was average. I was completely shocked by the response of the front desk rep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We appreciate your comments. Based on your feedback, we've re-addressed our service standards from the Front Desk; thank you for showing us a specific area that needed some fine-tuning. Much appreciated.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Unfortunately, no one would ever be able to detect this place just driving by. It is hidden in the arboretum and golf course. This is a very unique lodge with beautiful views. My room was on the top floor so it had the dormer window and sloped ceiling feature. The room is very log cabin-like. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. I attended a meeting here and I thought that the food was actually pretty good. I did not eat in the restaurant so I can't vouch for that. I used the fitness center and went into the pool area. Fitness center is small but it has good equipment. The pool is a lap pool so it is very large, but my only complaint would be that the pool room is kind of dark and dreary. It would be nice if they could open that up and let some more light in. There are beautiful trails around the lodge that are great for a run or a walk. I found no problems with this stay and I really hope to be back! It is a nice change of pace from your run of the mill chain hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you! We're glad you meeting at Lied Lodge went well and that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I love NE city, especially in the fall...I love staying at the Lied Lodge, we love it so much there, we got married there. The staff is extra nice and we love the wine tasting. We love drinking at the bar too!!! The only down fall to staying there is the food, which is a shame because they have such a wonderful dining area, too bad the food is not better. There is 1 steak house in town and that is where we always eat. I wish they would change something about their food. I would love to be able to stay there and not have to leave for breakfast or dinner, which we plan on staying this fall. Oh, and I love the beds and the pillows!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback, and how neat to hear from someone who got married here! We want every part of your visit -- the beds & pillows, the relaxing atmosphere, and the food, of course -- to be excellent every time. We are glad you're coming to stay again this fall, and we hope you'll give us another chance to deliver our best to you. Thanks again for posting.
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Lied Lodge. The lodge rooms were nicely appointed, including a fridge. Beds were comfortable. Bathrooms were small and tight on space, but doable. Nice nods to nature were scattered throughout the room. We had a first floor room, so we could sit on the patio and enjoy the property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! The rooms with patios are always in high demand, especially in the summer. We're glad your visit was enjoyable, and we invite you to stay with us again soon. Thank you.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I came down for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We stayed on a Monday night at a special rate, a bed and breakfast package. The hotel was beautiful, lodgey. We stayed in a room with a view of the vineyard. The king bed was not only awesome for two people used to a queen, but super comfortable. I wish I could take those pillows home!! We had dinner and breakfast there. Breakfast was amazing, dinner I was slightly less impressed with. But they're options were unique and reasonably priced for a pretty fancy place. The pool was great. I loved the nice deep tub in the bathroom, plus the eco-friendly toiletries. Hotel employees were all friendly and helpful. And the hotel and town as a whole is quaint and nature-y. We had a wonderful time!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel have a better view than on the front side.