“Wonderful”

Lied Lodge & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Lied Lodge is a wonderful place to stay whether it is for a quiet getaway or family fun. It is located on Arbor Day farm. You can relax and enjoy its beautiful scenery or take your family on a "tree Adventure".

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eghlou
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you! We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. We appreciate your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Lied Lodge & Conference Center

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had an overnight stay (Friday - Saturday) at the Lied Lodge & Conference Center in Nebraska City, NE. My overall experience was slightly above average. When I called down to the front desk to request additional bathroom amenities, the representative said I would have to come down to the front desk because they were short-staffed. Although I thought the overall look and feel of the hotel was nice, the service was average. I was completely shocked by the response of the front desk rep.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We appreciate your comments. Based on your feedback, we've re-addressed our service standards from the Front Desk; thank you for showing us a specific area that needed some fine-tuning. Much appreciated.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Unfortunately, no one would ever be able to detect this place just driving by. It is hidden in the arboretum and golf course. This is a very unique lodge with beautiful views. My room was on the top floor so it had the dormer window and sloped ceiling feature. The room is very log cabin-like. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. I attended a meeting here and I thought that the food was actually pretty good. I did not eat in the restaurant so I can't vouch for that. I used the fitness center and went into the pool area. Fitness center is small but it has good equipment. The pool is a lap pool so it is very large, but my only complaint would be that the pool room is kind of dark and dreary. It would be nice if they could open that up and let some more light in. There are beautiful trails around the lodge that are great for a run or a walk. I found no problems with this stay and I really hope to be back! It is a nice change of pace from your run of the mill chain hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you! We're glad you meeting at Lied Lodge went well and that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I love NE city, especially in the fall...I love staying at the Lied Lodge, we love it so much there, we got married there. The staff is extra nice and we love the wine tasting. We love drinking at the bar too!!! The only down fall to staying there is the food, which is a shame because they have such a wonderful dining area, too bad the food is not better. There is 1 steak house in town and that is where we always eat. I wish they would change something about their food. I would love to be able to stay there and not have to leave for breakfast or dinner, which we plan on staying this fall. Oh, and I love the beds and the pillows!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and how neat to hear from someone who got married here! We want every part of your visit -- the beds & pillows, the relaxing atmosphere, and the food, of course -- to be excellent every time. We are glad you're coming to stay again this fall, and we hope you'll give us another chance to deliver our best to you. Thanks again for posting.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Lied Lodge. The lodge rooms were nicely appointed, including a fridge. Beds were comfortable. Bathrooms were small and tight on space, but doable. Nice nods to nature were scattered throughout the room. We had a first floor room, so we could sit on the patio and enjoy the property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you! The rooms with patios are always in high demand, especially in the summer. We're glad your visit was enjoyable, and we invite you to stay with us again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I came down for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We stayed on a Monday night at a special rate, a bed and breakfast package. The hotel was beautiful, lodgey. We stayed in a room with a view of the vineyard. The king bed was not only awesome for two people used to a queen, but super comfortable. I wish I could take those pillows home!! We had dinner and breakfast there. Breakfast was amazing, dinner I was slightly less impressed with. But they're options were unique and reasonably priced for a pretty fancy place. The pool was great. I loved the nice deep tub in the bathroom, plus the eco-friendly toiletries. Hotel employees were all friendly and helpful. And the hotel and town as a whole is quaint and nature-y. We had a wonderful time!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel have a better view than on the front side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you! We're glad your anniversary getaway to Lied Lodge was a good one --- and we wish you many more years together. PS: many other guests have shared your opinion on our pillows, too -- so much so that we keep a supply of brand new ones available for guest purchase! The next time you visit, please ask at the Front Desk and we'll see what we can do for you. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a great place to hold a conference. The grounds are beautiful allowing short walks between breaks. Food is good, lots of fresh and local used. Breaks are out continuously so be careful although healthy selectioins are usually available. Rooms are nice, nothing elaborate. It is great to get away but takes extra time to get back and forth from the airport. Have had several meetings there, it has never disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you! We take great care in making sure our business guests are satisfied with their meeting spaces and arrangements, and it's good to hear that your meetings have been productive here at Lied Lodge. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nebraska City
#3 of 3 in Nebraska City
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#2 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!