“Quiet, peaceful and away from the big city”

Lied Lodge & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nebraska City
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a great place to hold a conference. The grounds are beautiful allowing short walks between breaks. Food is good, lots of fresh and local used. Breaks are out continuously so be careful although healthy selectioins are usually available. Rooms are nice, nothing elaborate. It is great to get away but takes extra time to get back and forth from the airport. Have had several meetings there, it has never disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you! We take great care in making sure our business guests are satisfied with their meeting spaces and arrangements, and it's good to hear that your meetings have been productive here at Lied Lodge. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Great views. Nice grounds. Rooms are relatively small, but quiet. Desk staff were helpful, courteous and responsive. Rooms were clean, a tad dated/worn. Great indoor pool - 5 lanes, 25 yards. Exercise room is small, limited number of machines - only one treadmill. Our only disappointment was the restaurant - service was inordinately slow, which was annoying. They did give us meals for free as service recovery - but we ate here twice and both times we ended up sitting a long time. It's bad business giving your food away for free. And the waitresses just seemed unhappy, which leaves a pall over the whole dinning experience. Overall good, but could be so much better.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to post. We've shared your feedback with our Food & Beverage Team, and your comments help us identify where our processes need improvement (i.e., wait times in the restaurant). Again, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I just returned from a national leadership institute on designing natural outdoor play spaces for children and Lied Lodge was a simply amazing space for the event.
This was my second visit to the lodge
I'm an Architect and often critical of many places I stay at, but Lied Lodge is simply stunning with its distinctive architecture. The public spaces are inviting and gorgeous. Great terraces with views to Arbor Day Farm. Very interesting co-generation plant with exhibits.
The rooms are very nice, yet maybe just a tad small. The bed was very comfortable. The desk could have been larger since I had work to do and there was space for it. The room did not have powerful enough lights. Even with every light on it still felt dark.
Toiletries are Natura brand which is sustainable and seemed to be high quality.
The maids took excellent care of the room. it was always very clean and everything was in good condition.
I love the indoor pool at Lied. It is great for lap swimming at 25 yards long with multiple lanes. The big pool isn't great for families since it has a depth ranging from 4' to 4'6 deep, but there is also a small toddler pool for young children. Abundant towels, tables, chairs and chaise lounges. There is also a nice whirlpool with a variety of jet intensities. I didn't try the spa, but it looked very nice. The cardio room is very small.
The food in the dining room and lounge was excellent. They work very hard to source local food and do a great job of having lots of choices including many healthy ones. Loved the salads with the hazenuts. i did have a tough steak one night that I returned, but even that meal was enjoyable with all of the vegetables, sauces, etc.
Nice little lounge hidden around the corner.
Meeting and Conference space is excellent. great place to bring folks for a retreat or visioning workshop. Variety of room sizes. Little bit of a mildew smell in a couple of the rooms.
Arbor Day Farm right next door is an amzing place and is a special opportunity for families to find and visit. It has many varied activities including a treehouse and some play areas that are nationally recognized. Lots of great things in the gift shop and you get to take a tree home with you.
I strongly recommend Lied Lodge!

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms with dormer windows have great views, but feel dark.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you! We enjoyed hosting your conference and are glad that, overall, you found Lied Lodge and Arbor Day Farm to be a welcoming, inspiring place to gather. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I LOVE the place!!!! They have a big pool, nice rooms, a freaking HAZELNUT FARM, & an awesome trail that connect them to that tree farm place!!!! The location is nice & the houses are ranked by how close they are to the Lodge. The closer, the less run down. Although, I HATE the restaurant they have!!!! I ordered their parmesan fries that night & most of the fries on there were burnt. I ate what I could without feeling more miserable than I was THAT NIGHT. Now the bed DID rejuvenate me, but I was pissed off to find out that they charge you for their breakfast. I mean, what's a hotel w/o free breakfast!?!? Overall, good. 4 stars.

Also, the pool was awesome!!!! I swam in it for hours (not that I knew that I was in there for that long) & that's how I felt miserable b/c I was in there for too long.

Room Tip: Do NOT eat at their restaurant!!!! It SUCKS!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
LiedLodgeMgr, Public Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

We appreciate your honest feedback, and apologize that our food offerings didn't leave you satisfied. We've shared your comments with our Food & Beverage Team and hope that if you're passing through this way again, you'll stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

What a great place to get away. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent. The employees were very friendly. The housekeeping staff were very thorough and greeted us every time in the hall. The front receptionists were knowledgeable when ever we had a question. Mitch the bartender was very entertaining and very friendly. We'll definitely be going back. The setting of the Lodge with all the beautiful trees and walking paths is quite amazing. We were very impressed with everything and everyone at the Lodge. It was a great weekend getaway!
I would recommend this to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 56Vett

Thank you! We love to hear that our guests are delighted, both by our facility and by our staff members. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lied Lodge again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We accidently discovered the Lied Conference Center from another reviewer commenting on the Best Western. The lodge is bit off the beaten path but well worth the extra time. It's pretty amazing to find such a beautiful place seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Love the log interior! Very serene and peaceful area. The price for our room was very reasonable. The beds were comfortable and the room was nicely decorated. I have to agree with some of the other reviews that the bathroom and vanity area are small but it was fine for two people. Our room was very clean. There is complimentary coffee in the morning but not breakfast. We ate dinner in the Timber Dining room. It is pricey but the food and service were excellent. The pool is huge (olympic size) and there are lots of walking trails. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Headwindtom

Thank you for posting your feedback, and we're glad that your recent visit to Lied Lodge was a pleasant one. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Nebraska City. Thank you!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

You know, The grounds are lovely. The food is above average. As far as the Lied Center goes, I think they need a BIG overhaul. They were in great shape 12 years ago, but now...the rooms are filthy. Seriously. Oh, and there were silverfish and little brown beetles every time I turned around. I was pretty grossed out. The carpets and the bathrooms, GROSS. There was caked on dirt on each and every filter blowing air on us, and the filter in the bathroom. The caulk was all coming up. VERY VERY DIRTY. I will say, the SPA lady was fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Collette Y
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Our goal is to exceed your expectations every time, and in every aspect of your stay at Lied Lodge. We apologize that your visit didn't leave you impressed. Your feedback has been shared with our housekeeping and management teams so we can return our rooms to the quality and cleanliness that our guests expect. Again, we appreciate your comments; thank you for taking a moment to post.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nebraska City
#3 of 3 in Nebraska City
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!