“Wonderful place to visit”

Lied Lodge & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had a wonderful time in Nebraska City due to the fact we stayed at the Lied Lodge. the Lodge has a great history and vision. The rooms are rustic but very comfortable. The restaurant had great food and the ambience was terrific. I wish we had more time to stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Thank you for the review! We're glad your visit to Lied Lodge was enjoyable, and we look forward to hosting you again soon in Nebraska City.

There are newer reviews for Lied Lodge & Conference Center

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I had planned to visit the Arbor Day Farm for several years and finally made it. The Lodge was one of several highlights of the trip. It's unique architecture, great use of wood and stone and sustainability measures made for a great stay. The room was unique and comfortable. Sevice was thorough and helpful. I ate in the Lodge for a great dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: If you are a AAA member, use your discount. It helps. You have to call in to use it as there wasn...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

We love to hear that our guests are satisfied! Thank you for letting us know, and we look forward to welcoming you again at Lied Lodge in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was my our first visit to Nebraska city. My husband and I were there for a weekend retreat and will definitely return on our own for a couple of nights. The staff is extra friendly and will go out of their way to meet your needs. My favorite part was the free fresh brewed coffe service. After lunch I wanted coffee and didn't realize that service was only available in the morning. I asked one of the ladies for coffee and she explained that is something that they only have available in the morning however, (assuming it was a manager) another staff member overheard the conversation and she said "do not worry I can get you a cup of coffee right now" and so she did!!! We enjoyed hiking the trails and the best part was our free tree from the Green House. The pool, spa, and hot tub was a nice touch. We enjoyed the buffett both days we stayed there. One thing I was not happy about was that I had to look for a waiter/waitress and one time the host in order to get beverages to our table. Another thing our last breakfast there we sat at a table and in the middle of eating we were kindly asked to move to a different table because that one was reserved. My suggestion for the future is that they place a reserve sign that way we don't have to pick up our plates, and glassess full of food and drinks and walk around looking for another table. The rooms are ok, the bed was amazing though. Considering the rates the hotel charge, the television could be a little more modern and they could provide better irons as ours didn't take the wrinkles off our clothes. We wished the hotel was more pet friendly as we enjoy hiking with our German Sheppard. I hope someone from the hotel management actually reads these reviews and try to resolve some of my concerns. Overall we were content with our stay and look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to Lied Lodge. Yes, we really do read each one of them, using your valuable feedback to improve the experience for all of our guests. We sincerely apologize that your meal in the dining room was interrupted; what a big miss on our part, regardless of the circumstances! We hope you will give us another chance in the future; we want your next Lied Lodge experience to be 100% positive. Again, thank you for taking a moment to post.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I stopped at Lied on our way to a family reunion in Iowa. We got the special "bed and breakfast" rate of $109 for a Thursday stay with 2 full breakfasts included. This was a real deal for a beautiful room and great bountiful breakfasts. The lodge was nearly deserted during our stay, but feels very spacious and welcoming. We didn't have time to see the Arbor Day farm adjacent, but plan to come back some day with our grandkids. A wonderful place to stay and to eat.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. The bed & breakfast package is by far our best-selling package; we're glad you enjoyed it, too. We're looking forward to your next visit with your grandchildren. Thank you!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We have stayed at the Lied Lodge each year for the past 5 years and always have a good experience. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. There is no wi-fi currently available in the rooms (only in the lobby) but they are glad to provide cables if you have travelled with a laptop. Breakfast in the restaurant was great and the afternoon wine tasting in the lobby was a great way to interact with other guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank goldtown

Thank you for being a repeat guest at Lied Lodge. We appreciate your business, and we look forward to hosting you again soon. Update for you: wi-fi will be coming to our guest rooms very soon, so thank you for your patience. We appreciate your comments, too.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our 1-year anniversary. We ate in the restaurant, swam in the pool, soaked in the hot tub, and baked in the sauna. The next day we visited the Arbor Day Treehouse Adventure and had some good fun hiking around in the woods.

The room itself was nothing to write home about. We did have a nice view of the trees. We stayed in a king bed room. There was no microfridge or flat screen TV (the old CRTs were disappointing, but you don't go to Nebraska City to watch TV anyway), and I was disappointed in the lack of Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Wi-Fi is very cheap to implement and I would recommend the hotel do so.

The restaurant, in my opinion, was lackluster. Being a foodie, I was looking forward to the freshness of the local ingredients, but the food did not impress me. We chose the buffet for both meals, so this likely contributed to the mediocre dishes, but the prices of the menu entrees was too steep to pass up the buffet.

The pool and hot tub were amazing, so if you're visiting Nebraska City with kids this may be enough motivation to stay here over a chain hotel. We did not try the fitness center, but it looked decent enough. I enjoyed the sauna as they seem to be less common these days.

And the Arbor Day Treehouse Adventure was a lot of fun, too. I grew up in the country, so the nature hike wasn't all that unique, but we still enjoyed ourselves. It's mostly just a quaint, peaceful experience. The Arbor Day farm is about a 10-15 minute walk from the lodge.

Overall we enjoyed our time at the lodge. The price of the lodge is a little high compared to comparable hotels in the big city, but in Nebraska City you won't find anything comparable, which is why the price is what it is.

Room Tip: Many people enjoy the dormer rooms with the vaulted ceilings on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WinduSux

Thank you for your comments. At this time, Lied Lodge has wi-fi in the main lobby only; guest room web access requires an internet cable, available for guests at our front desk. We will be adding guest room wi-fi in the months ahead, as you suggest. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Came here the first time last fall for a business meeting. Came back as a three day mini vacation. The lodge is impressive and inviting. As I walked in I could feel myself relax. Room was OK sized, the timber frame structure was unique, and the bed was comfortable. There are a lot of different choices for rooms so do your homework to get what you expect.
After an excellent dinner we spent the evening on the patio reading. A quiet night was followed by a nice walk on a path behind the lodge in the morning. There is free wi-fi in the lobby area but we chose to leave our computers off for the stay. Wife did the spa thing while I did some laps in the large indoor swimming pool.
Staff was attentive and polite and room rates are reasonable. A great stay.

Room Tip: Lots of room choices so ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you! Just as you said, Lied Lodge is an excellent place for "unplugging" a bit. We're glad you were able to relax and enjoy your stay. Please come again; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nebraska City
#3 of 3 in Nebraska City
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#2 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to Lied Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!