“Great breakfast buffet”

Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Steinhart Park Road
Transit: Not available.
Description: The Timber Dining Room at Lied Lodge - Nebraska City, Nebraska.Serving local, sustainable food in a nature-inspired setting.Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunches.
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We bought a package from the hotel that included breakfast with our stay and it was very good. The potatoes were great and the bacon was very crispy, not greasy. It was also nice to be able to eat before our reservation time. We ate supper in the lounge and what we ordered was okay. The stuffed peppers appetizer wasn't the best but the chicken quesidilla was amazing.

LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and the chicken quesadilla. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the stuffed peppers. I hope you will be able to come again and try something else.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stopped On our way home to KC headed south on I-29.
The Sunday brunch was so good and the price for kids was only 5$.
Great food!

LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed brunch. I hope next time you can stay with us too. Please come again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Filet, Purple Mashed Potatoes and Assapargus were awesome. Loved the chocolate dessert too. If you like sweet white wine, try the Morten's Reserve.

LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for your comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed the purple mashed potatos. It's always nice to try something new. It sounds like the rest of your meal was equally delicious. Please come again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stopped in with two business companions. The smell of the fall leaves while walking to the lodge, followed by that of the fire in the fireplace in the lodge lobby whetted my appetite as we entered the casually elegant dining room. Our server, Nina, was charming and personable, and handled our good-natured ribbing with aplomb when it turned out that I was ordering from an "old menu" that I had been given, and again when she had to inform me that the last of the Lake Superior Walleye had gone to my companion. While my Caesar salad's greens were slightly oversized, the Applejack Chicken that Nina suggested as a substitute for the fish was marvelously moist and tasty with a delicious mild whiskey and apples sauce. The fresh beets that accompanied the entree were firm and finely spiced, and the fingerling potatoes were buttery and melted in the mouth. I indulged in the cherry cobbler a la mode for dessert - while as a cobbler it was somewhat dry, the cherries were tart and flavorful. All in all a great experience. I'd love to return some day!

1  Thank JEM196204
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for telling us about your experience in our dining room. I am glad to hear you had a delightful dinner. While I'm sorry you weren't able to have the Walleye, I am glad the AppleJack chicken was a good substitute for you. I do hope you are able to experience dinner with us again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a very nice breakfast here after the wedding the night before. Service was good, eggs were great and the view was lovely. Can't wait to go back for dinner sometime.

1  Thank MelBay1
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast with a view. Please come again and enjoy the delicious dinner menu.