“Delightful dinner!”

Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Steinhart Park Road
Transit: Not available.
Description: The Timber Dining Room at Lied Lodge - Nebraska City, Nebraska.Serving local, sustainable food in a nature-inspired setting.Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunches.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Delightful dinner!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in with two business companions. The smell of the fall leaves while walking to the lodge, followed by that of the fire in the fireplace in the lodge lobby whetted my appetite as we entered the casually elegant dining room. Our server, Nina, was charming and personable, and handled our good-natured ribbing with aplomb when it turned out that I was ordering from an "old menu" that I had been given, and again when she had to inform me that the last of the Lake Superior Walleye had gone to my companion. While my Caesar salad's greens were slightly oversized, the Applejack Chicken that Nina suggested as a substitute for the fish was marvelously moist and tasty with a delicious mild whiskey and apples sauce. The fresh beets that accompanied the entree were firm and finely spiced, and the fingerling potatoes were buttery and melted in the mouth. I indulged in the cherry cobbler a la mode for dessert - while as a cobbler it was somewhat dry, the cherries were tart and flavorful. All in all a great experience. I'd love to return some day!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JEM196204
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your experience in our dining room. I am glad to hear you had a delightful dinner. While I'm sorry you weren't able to have the Walleye, I am glad the AppleJack chicken was a good substitute for you. I do hope you are able to experience dinner with us again soon.

Kansas City, MO
“Nice breakfast”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a very nice breakfast here after the wedding the night before. Service was good, eggs were great and the view was lovely. Can't wait to go back for dinner sometime.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MelBay1
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast with a view. Please come again and enjoy the delicious dinner menu.
“Best buffet experience I have ever had.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was great, plentiful, and always fresh. The ambiance was perfect. All three in our party were very pleased with everything, and we will return next year. I Would have to say that the best part of our meal was the server. He was a pleasant, sweet, and highly efficient young man! You need to eat here at least once, I guarantee you will return the second time :)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bellanebraska
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your experience. I am so glad you enjoyed the buffet. I am also happy to hear that your server was so courteous. Customer service is so important to us. I'm also glad you enjoyed a tasty meal with fresh ingredients.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Relaxing dining experience”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This restaurant is located within the Lied Lodge and is part of the Arbor Day Farms. The dining room is nice but still offers a casual setting. The best seating is on the patio which has a beautiful vista of the J. Morton Sterling mansion and trees for as far as you can see! They have a nice weekend prime rib Buffett that offers a fresh and great selection of freshly prepared salads, sides and sweets. They have a nice offering on the kids menu and children are very welcome here.

If time permits, stick around and relax next to the fire in the lobby which is impressive.

• Visited September 2013
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the seating on our Sunset Terrace. We hope to have you come again soon.
Big Timber, Montana
“Locally sourced food prepared by expert chefs”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nebraska vegetables, meat, fruit and wines are always offered with an ever changing menu. The servers are attentive and professional, and the quiet, spacious dining room overlooking the Arbor Day forest creates a wonderful dining experience.

Visited October 2012
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center - Timber Dining Room, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to talk about your dining experience. I'm glad you enjoyed the dining atmosphere and the food too. We do appreciate your attentiveness to our belief in having fresh locally sourced ingredients. We hope you will dine with us again soon.