“Quaint community”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
San Benito, Texas
“Quaint community”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The staff were accommodating and knew the way around the community. The pool was clean and all staff were friendly. Expect only a continental style breakfast. Discounts available, so pay attention. I booked on line. Good value for the money. Quite and restful sleep. The towels were fluffy and not thin and flat like some hotels provide.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

nebraskacityinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff took good care of your needs during your stay. We appreciate the wonderful comments and feedback that you gave us. We hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The whole time we were here the lady at the front desk spent her time on the patio out back smoking. We watched a guy stand at front desk for 20 min ans no one waited on him! Also at 2:00 in the morning the fire alarms went off and we all had to evacuate. No fire department or cops showed up to make sure every room was okay she just told us to go back inside. Someone should of showed up and went through every room. The girls at front desk were to worried about smoking on the patio.

• Stayed July 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

nebraskacityinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I am so sorry about the poor experience you had while you were here. That type of behavior from our staff is unacceptable, this incident has been addressed with that employee.

I am sure that having the fire alarm go off at that time was quite scary and very inconvenient. We did have someone go through the building to all the available rooms several times through out the rest of the night. We did have our fire and sprinkler system checked by a professional company to locate the problem. The problem was found and has been fixed.

I would appreciate if you would please give me a call and let me apologize to you personally and hopefully let me make arrangements for you come back again and give you the type of service that we expect all of our guest to have. I assure you this will not happen again.
Victoria, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Guess I was naïve to think that when staff at the front desk said they had canceled our other reservation that was no longer needed; it had actually been done. No cancellation number was offered, and no we didn't' think to ask or write down the clerk's name.

Month later and I have a credit card bill for the room; problems getting hold of the manager and finally went thru BW customer service hoping for resolution. None-- without either a cancellation number (which we were not offered and didn't know we needed) or clerk's name, though they did say they saw we had not checked in that night.
Not happy at all!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank c m
nebraskacityinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I was so glad I had the opportunity to speak with you this morning. I can not apologize enough for this misunderstanding. I have reviewed our policy with my staff and assure you this should not ever happen again. I am more than happy that we were able to work things out and hope that you are happy as well and that you will please call me personally next time you are in Nebraska City and let me handle all of your lodging needs.
Springfield, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed one night and all was fine.
Room was clean, as was bathroom and shower actually put out a good stream of hot water.
Wifi was easy to connect. A/C worked very well as did the flat screen TV and offered a very good selection of channels.
It's in a quiet location and I didn't notice any problems of noise.
A small micro and fridge would have been nice, but certainly not a deal breaker, least to me.
Rates were reasonable and desk service was fine.
Didn't try the free breakfast, so no comments.
The beds were clean and the mattresses were comfortable.
Bathroom was well lighted and large enough.
Even the hallway and ice area were nice and clean and obviously vacuumed regularly
I believe the whole place is smoke-free and it is evident. No smells.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank election76
WOW! Loved your review of us. It says everything we want to hear from our guests. I am so happy to know that our staff is doing a great job, and yes you are correct we are totally smoke free. Please come back again and try our continental breakfast and spend some time relaxing in our pool and hot tub.
Raleigh, North Carolina, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is what a Best Western should be, a moderately priced inn with good accommodations, etc. I really liked it here and recommend to anyone. I had a noise problem with a malfunctioning water heater in an adjacent room at 11 p.m. and the staff responded quickly to move me to another room. Nice pool, great Mexican restaurant down the street that the clerk suggested.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great compliments about our Best Western. I do remember you and the noise problem late in the evening. I am so glad we had another room to move you to and that you were so cooperative. Sometimes we don't know there is a problem until someone tells us so we appreciate you alerting us to this. As far as the noise issue, we did have some equipment serviced and have eliminated that problem. We hope to see you again soon.
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this motel because a neighbor recommended it highly. When we arrived, there were kids everywhere. I wanted quiet and was concerned it would turn out to be too noisy to sleep. The room was very quiet! As previously mentioned, there was no elevator nor any microwave or refrigerator in the room (the price would sky rocket if you added in those items)--but you must try the cookies! It was a basic room with a TV. Great channel selection, btw. The staff made every effort to see we had everything we needed and gave a brief description of the points of interest in the area. The room was very clean, well cared for, and quiet. We had no complaints. The price was wonderful, well worth the money. We will stay again.

Room Tip: Tell the clerk what you need--a quiet room is always nice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
It is nice to know that your neighbor remembered us and recommended you stay with us. With our indoor pool we do tend to get a lot of families here during vacation season. I am glad that you had a peaceful stay and hope that you too will recommend us to a friend, co-worker or family member. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, nothing fancy. Kids really liked the pool & hot tub. Large breakfast room which would work well got socializing if there with a group. Our room was a bit stinky & stuffy, we thought it maybe used to be a smoking room.

• Stayed June 2013
nebraskacityinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time from your busy day to let us know how we did. Your opinion is very important to us. We pride our self in being family oriented as well as being ready for the business traveler. We hope you have the opportunity to come see us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nebraska City
#2 of 2 in Percival
Deluxe Inn
Deluxe Inn
#3 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn? Share your experiences!