“Clean, nice family stop”

Best Western Nebraska City Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
Kirksville, Missouri
“Clean, nice family stop”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a very good choice when visiting Nebraska City. The price right, the free breakfast is fine, the rooms are very clean, and the location on the south side of town is handy. We also found it quiet (contrary to some of the other reviews).

Room Tip: If you don't want to haul your suitcases upstairs to the second floor (there is no elevator) be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Best Western Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so much for visiting us at the Best Western. We do appreciate having you as our guest. We are always pleased to hear from our guests and to know that they had a good stay. We do hope that you will come see us again next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very friendly at this hotel. Pool area clean and rooms clean...maybe a little dated but adequate. It's a two star hotel but fine for an overnight stay on the road.

• Stayed June 2012
nebraskacityinn, General Manager at Best Western Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
We here at Best Western Nebraska City Inn are always pleased to know that we have made someones stay pleasurable. We appreciate all ours guests and hope that we have made a good enough impression that you will remember us in the future. We hope to see you again if you are back in the Nebraska City area. Thank you for sharing your photo with us!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My family of four has stayed in several Best Western Hotels across the country. We have relatives in Nebraska City and sometimes opt to stay at the Best Western. We choose this hotel over the others in the area because of the friendly staff, nice free breakfast and the fact that this hotel has a swimming pool to keep the kids entertained. I think that other than the outrageously priced Lied Center, this hotel may possibly be the only other one in Nebraska City that offers a pool and hot tub.

The rooms are large, as clean as one would expect of a hotel and although full, it was quiet. I agree with other reviews that it's best to have a reservation. It appeared to be full the two nights we were there. Our children are young...4 and 5 so we always have requested a first floor room when making our reservation and have always been able to get such. Other reviews are correct in that there is no elevator in this two story hotel.

The check in and out process was smooth. The cookies in the late afternoon are always a nice touch. They offer a free breakfast with a nice variety of breads, cereals, pastries, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, yogurt, and juice. The dining room was clean and well attended to by staff. One evening we had family come join us so grandparents could watch the kids swim. We got dinner from the Subway next door and Best Western Staff had no problem with us eating it and visiting with family in their dining room.

Although we have never used it, there is a small workout room available. It has some basic equipment and was clean. There were several other guests seen using it during our stay.

As mentioned above, we specifically choose this hotel for the affordable rates and the swimming pool. With that said, the pool water is literally FREEZING cold. I can't blame this specific hotel. This tends to be a policy with all Best Westerns. They don't believe in water over 80 degrees! The outdoor pools on a sunny, 100+ day are tolerable at 80 degrees. But, an indoor pool in February is too cold at this temperature. It appears that each Best Western does not have much control over this and that it's a corporate policy. I know that we are not the only ones that feel this way. We often hear Best Western guests complaining amongst each other or even to staff about the pool being way too cold. No wonder so few people use these pools! Setting the cold water issue aside, the swimming pool area is clean, well maintained, and has a restroom in the immediate area so you do not have to go back to your room.

With that said, we will still return to this hotel again when in town. For the price, friendly staff and cleanliness, it can't be beat for a small town hotel.

Safe Travels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KinColorado
nebraskacityinn, General Manager at Best Western Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review. We take pride in having guests return. We do value all of our guests opinion and are very happy to know that we have met all your needs and hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.
Saint Joseph
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Nebraska City. We made our reservation just a few days before our visit, and the price for our room was remarkable. Fresh baked cookies and a friendly smile welcomed us, along with a very clean and comfortable room. The pool area was nice, though the hot tub's controls were a little challenging to find on the wall (2 push buttons, not labeled). I asked the front desk attendant, and she politely told me where the controls were located. The only down side to this hotel- it does not have an elevator. You'll have to carry your luggage upstairs. Only 2 floors for this small hotel, so it wasn't hard for us to do. The free breakfast had a nice selection of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and make your own waffles. Overall we had a wonderful stay and will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator. If you are unable to carry your luggage to the 2nd floor, make sure to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
nebraskacityinn, General Manager at Best Western Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you so much for all your kind remarks. We are always happy to hear that we have satisfied our guests. I totally understand your concern about not having an elevator, we do know that it can be a problem and that is one problem that has been given lots of conseideration. We do appreciate all of our customers and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Traveled for business 3-26-12 for three nights. Small town hotel, but very good at being one. I saw some other hotels in the area and this one appeared to be one of two that I would stay at. It is a two floor hotel with only interior steps to the 2nd floor, (no elevator) so you lug your luggage up. Very clean and comfortable standard room, just your basic bed and bath. Breakfast was free, hot, and tasty. The pool and hot tub are in very good condition and clean. One of the better hot tubs with a soft seat next to it and windows to the world to look out at night (separate switch for light above tub lets the stars shine in.) The small exercise room is only 3 cardio machines, and no lifting. Located by a Walmart,Outlet shops, and main drag in town. Internet is not locked down, just open, connect, and your running.

Room Tip: 1st floor means no steps.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank szimn
nebraskacityinn, General Manager at Best Western Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are more than happy to get feedback from our guests, and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Decatur, GA
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I hate to disparage the hotel, for it was very nice in many ways. For example, the personnel were friendly and helpful, the room was a good size, and very clean. There is a gas station and Subway right next door, and several restaurants and a Walmart right down the road. But nothing could possibly make up for the fact that the walls are paper thin. When the gentleman next door cleared his throat, it was as though he were sitting beside me. I heard every word and every sound on either side of me. It was horrible. However, if you are a heavy sleeper and neighboring sounds do not bother you, this hotel would be a solid, economical choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
nebraskacityinn, Manager at Best Western Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
I am disappointed we failed to handle all of your requirements in a satisfactory manner. I do appreciate your constructive critique as well as your generous comments. Your concerns have been directed to the appropriate department and are being given sincere thought.

We do consider you a valued guest and hope the you will stay with us again at the Best Western Nebraska City Inn and give us the opportunity to show you the kind of service we strive for. Please call me next time you are in the area and I will take care of your arrangements personally.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued opinion.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed at the Nebraska City Best Western while traveling between Kansas City and Omaha. I had reservations, and was glad I did when I pulled into the packed parking lot late that evening. The very sweet front desk clerk informed me that she had just turned away two travelers looking for a room, and that I was the getting the very last one she had!

She was very kind and welcoming and quickly got me checked in. The room was suprisingly large and very clean. It had an especially fresh smell, which was very nice. The bed was very comfortable, more so than I expected with a "value" hotel.

The next morning I had a very early check out, and the complimentary breakfast was already out. I grabbed some fruit and a muffin, both of which were very good. There were several members of a work crew also heading out for the day, and they seemed to be enjoying the more hearty breakfast options. The clerk again checked me out very quickly and I was on my way again!

Tips: There were no (or maybe very few?) signs directing me to the hotel from the interstate. While it was not difficult to find, you do have to drive a few miles west from the interstate exit, and I was very nervous I had taken a wrong turn.

Get a reservation. The hotel was very full, and I have a feeling that as one of the few (and definitely the nicest) hotels between KC and Omaha, it is often quite popular.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
nebraskacityinn, Manager at Best Western Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Best Western Nebraska City Inn. We appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay, and your remarks have been passed on to the staff.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Nebraska City area.

Beth Osborn
#2 of 2 in Percival
Deluxe Inn
Deluxe Inn
#3 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to Best Western Nebraska City Inn? Share your experiences!