“Amazing value”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
Saint Joseph
“Amazing value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Nebraska City. We made our reservation just a few days before our visit, and the price for our room was remarkable. Fresh baked cookies and a friendly smile welcomed us, along with a very clean and comfortable room. The pool area was nice, though the hot tub's controls were a little challenging to find on the wall (2 push buttons, not labeled). I asked the front desk attendant, and she politely told me where the controls were located. The only down side to this hotel- it does not have an elevator. You'll have to carry your luggage upstairs. Only 2 floors for this small hotel, so it wasn't hard for us to do. The free breakfast had a nice selection of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and make your own waffles. Overall we had a wonderful stay and will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator. If you are unable to carry your luggage to the 2nd floor, make sure to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
nebraskacityinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you so much for all your kind remarks. We are always happy to hear that we have satisfied our guests. I totally understand your concern about not having an elevator, we do know that it can be a problem and that is one problem that has been given lots of conseideration. We do appreciate all of our customers and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Traveled for business 3-26-12 for three nights. Small town hotel, but very good at being one. I saw some other hotels in the area and this one appeared to be one of two that I would stay at. It is a two floor hotel with only interior steps to the 2nd floor, (no elevator) so you lug your luggage up. Very clean and comfortable standard room, just your basic bed and bath. Breakfast was free, hot, and tasty. The pool and hot tub are in very good condition and clean. One of the better hot tubs with a soft seat next to it and windows to the world to look out at night (separate switch for light above tub lets the stars shine in.) The small exercise room is only 3 cardio machines, and no lifting. Located by a Walmart,Outlet shops, and main drag in town. Internet is not locked down, just open, connect, and your running.

Room Tip: 1st floor means no steps.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank szimn
nebraskacityinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are more than happy to get feedback from our guests, and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Decatur, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I hate to disparage the hotel, for it was very nice in many ways. For example, the personnel were friendly and helpful, the room was a good size, and very clean. There is a gas station and Subway right next door, and several restaurants and a Walmart right down the road. But nothing could possibly make up for the fact that the walls are paper thin. When the gentleman next door cleared his throat, it was as though he were sitting beside me. I heard every word and every sound on either side of me. It was horrible. However, if you are a heavy sleeper and neighboring sounds do not bother you, this hotel would be a solid, economical choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
nebraskacityinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
I am disappointed we failed to handle all of your requirements in a satisfactory manner. I do appreciate your constructive critique as well as your generous comments. Your concerns have been directed to the appropriate department and are being given sincere thought.

We do consider you a valued guest and hope the you will stay with us again at the Best Western Nebraska City Inn and give us the opportunity to show you the kind of service we strive for. Please call me next time you are in the area and I will take care of your arrangements personally.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued opinion.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed at the Nebraska City Best Western while traveling between Kansas City and Omaha. I had reservations, and was glad I did when I pulled into the packed parking lot late that evening. The very sweet front desk clerk informed me that she had just turned away two travelers looking for a room, and that I was the getting the very last one she had!

She was very kind and welcoming and quickly got me checked in. The room was suprisingly large and very clean. It had an especially fresh smell, which was very nice. The bed was very comfortable, more so than I expected with a "value" hotel.

The next morning I had a very early check out, and the complimentary breakfast was already out. I grabbed some fruit and a muffin, both of which were very good. There were several members of a work crew also heading out for the day, and they seemed to be enjoying the more hearty breakfast options. The clerk again checked me out very quickly and I was on my way again!

Tips: There were no (or maybe very few?) signs directing me to the hotel from the interstate. While it was not difficult to find, you do have to drive a few miles west from the interstate exit, and I was very nervous I had taken a wrong turn.

Get a reservation. The hotel was very full, and I have a feeling that as one of the few (and definitely the nicest) hotels between KC and Omaha, it is often quite popular.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
nebraskacityinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Best Western Nebraska City Inn. We appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay, and your remarks have been passed on to the staff.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Nebraska City area.

Beth Osborn
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

we travel to Nebraska every couple of years during the summer, but this time is different 'coz we have to stay in a hotel for a surprise birthday & it's winter. there's mom & pop inns & lodgings around the area but my hubby decided to stay in Best Western. I saw the cookies right away & grab 3 then the indoor pool, don't ever forget to pack your bathing suit when you travel 'coz you never know. CLEAN, NO SMELLY ODORS, REALLY GOOD CHOICES for a decent breakfast. Good customer service! Rooms are really clean. I like the NO SMOKING signs everywhere. FREE Wi-fi, cable TV,spacious rooms, what more do you expext, it's actually beyond my expectations for a Best Western Hotel. Subway right infront of the hotel, so is Wal-mart. If you drive farther to 11th St., you'll see Burger King & some fast food restaurants. We stayed there 3nights, every night was the night, quiet eventhough it's right along the highway. We were at the upper level.Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank shutterbabe0106
Cindy V, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2015
Thank you for your comments about our Best Western, we do strive to give all our guests the Best Western experience, which means taking care of you from start to finish. Please stop in and stay with us again!
Percival, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

When I first got there to check in the lady was very rude and didn't ask for name just said ok when we said we had a reservation. Then we wanted to know if we had to pay now or later and she said we could do either but we had to pay a $100 deposit in case of damage, fine. She ran the card and said my card was declined which I knew it had plenty of money on it, she said all we would need the card for was to cover the room cost of $174 well that amount was on the card. Then the issues started she had stated we didn't need a deposit if we used a card however obviously i need the full amount plus deposit and that is why the card declined. We tried to pay straight cash with deposit too, then she called her manager and was talking about finding ATM's and all this other stuff when all we wanted was to pay cash now with deposit or not. Finally we left and went to Americas Best Value Inn and recieved a cheaper rate with better service, as we did not have time to screw around as we had a wake to attend to!!!

Room Tip: Go to elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank clynn81109
Cedar Falls, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

There is not whole lot choice in the surrounding area for a good hotel. I travel a lot and stayed at Lied Lodge last time when I was in the neighborhood. Best Western doesn’t have wonderful breakfast but it is free and convenient. Good for business traveler like me. It also near many restaurants and it is clean with fairly good size of room. Overall, especially consider the price for business travel. I would easily choose Best Western over Lied Lodge (or may be most local hotels).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
#2 of 2 in Percival
Deluxe Inn
Deluxe Inn
#3 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to BEST WESTERN Nebraska City Inn? Share your experiences!