“Horrible Service!!!!!!!”

Best Western Nebraska City Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nebraska City
Reviewed May 25, 2011

When I first got there to check in the lady was very rude and didn't ask for name just said ok when we said we had a reservation. Then we wanted to know if we had to pay now or later and she said we could do either but we had to pay a $100 deposit in case of damage, fine. She ran the card and said my card was declined which I knew it had plenty of money on it, she said all we would need the card for was to cover the room cost of $174 well that amount was on the card. Then the issues started she had stated we didn't need a deposit if we used a card however obviously i need the full amount plus deposit and that is why the card declined. We tried to pay straight cash with deposit too, then she called her manager and was talking about finding ATM's and all this other stuff when all we wanted was to pay cash now with deposit or not. Finally we left and went to Americas Best Value Inn and recieved a cheaper rate with better service, as we did not have time to screw around as we had a wake to attend to!!!

Room Tip: Go to elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank clynn81109

Reviewed May 23, 2010

There is not whole lot choice in the surrounding area for a good hotel. I travel a lot and stayed at Lied Lodge last time when I was in the neighborhood. Best Western doesn’t have wonderful breakfast but it is free and convenient. Good for business traveler like me. It also near many restaurants and it is clean with fairly good size of room. Overall, especially consider the price for business travel. I would easily choose Best Western over Lied Lodge (or may be most local hotels).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Taiwenese
Reviewed November 19, 2009

This is a smaller property although it still has a pool. We especially loved the fresh cookies in the evenings. The breakfast room was average with bagels, boiled eggs, etc. I don't think there was a waffle maker. I had a King room with a fridge, which also came with a HDTV flat screen. The bed was quite comfortable. The only disappointment was that my bathtub wouldn't drain. I didn't complain, but surely the cleaning staff noticed? I would have liked the room to be vaccumed every day. Overall my stay was good and the location is convenient to the highway, Walmart a Mini-mart, Subway and a small outlet mall.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank BBBON
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We hadn't planned on staying in Nebraska City, but after calling Omaha and Council Bluffs and finding the motels were double in price due to an event, we decided to take our chances and stay in Nebraska City. Are we ever glad we did. This motel has to be a great find for people traveling. The staff was wonderful and for a little more, she put us in a suite. This room had everything you could wish for. I always judge a motel by the cleanliness of the room. Even the sheets smelled like they had just been put on the bed. We hope to travel through this area again and to be sure, this is one place we will stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Podunct
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We stayed just one night on our way to South Dakota. The room was clean and nice. The indoor pool was just what the kids needed after being in the car all day. The staff was friendly and helpful and you can't beat free breakfast! In the morning after check out we went to nearby Arbor Day Farm. My 6 and 8 year old really enjoyed it. It was the perfect little something to do before heading on to drive all day again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank badlandsbaby
Reviewed April 29, 2008

We had a "suite" at the property. There was 2 adults and 5children. We had the grandkids, my daughter and another friend of the kids. Soo it was a full room! The room had a king in the bedroom and it was a large room with divider doors that closed but had glass so you could still see what was going on in the other room. In the main room there was an eating area and a sofabed that was about a double sized bed. They brought in 2 rollaways for us as well for no extra charge. We paid a total of $77 and some odd cents! Pretty amazing for a suite with breakfast and rollaways!! The pool was open til 11pm and no one was in it besides us, they also have a nice large jacuzzi off the pool as well. The offered to let us stay in the pool later than 11pm as well which I thought was great. Just an overall Nice Property! At breakfast the ladies who worked the area asked the kids what kind of donuts they liked and she went in and went through the boxes they had in the backroom to get the kids ones they liked-just above and beyond things they would need to do! We will go back!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank toletiquesbysam
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Wasn't there long...just stopping for the night on a roadtrip. But it seemed to be a nice place. Desk clerk was pleasant, room was good, clean enough, etc. Definitely would suggest to someone in the area.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sukhoi_584th
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 4 in Nebraska City
Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast

Been to Best Western Nebraska City Inn? Share your experiences!