“Pioneer Village a Disgrace”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pioneer Village

Pioneer Village
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Minden
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pioneer Village a Disgrace”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I visited Pioneer Village on advise of my wife who had gone there as a young child. It was run down and dirty. The old cars were in terrrible condition and not well cared for. The buildings they are in are falling down and have more deferred maintenance than one could imagine. This place sholud be closed down and the items in it should be given to organizations and museums that would appreciate and care for these items. The way they are not being cared for now will assure that they will not be there much longer.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank rmccr

Independence, Missouri
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A Great Look Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you grew up on a farm or love old cars, this place is a must visit. It had been at least 25 years since we had been here and many items have been added since then. I enjoyed the period kitchens, living rooms and bedrooms. It was fun to see the things you remember your family having. They trace the history of so many inventions. You really need to pull off I-80 and check it out.

Visited September 2013
Thayer, Missouri, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“So Many Cars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went through this place in a day, but I could have stayed for several days. There are so many cars, at least one of every model ever made. Then a section for farm equipment, and so much more. Very interesting and fascinating museum. Will definitely be visiting again.

Visited October 2012
Thornton, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This was so worth the time. I would say you need a couple of days to see it all. My husband and I spent seven hours here and still did not see everything. We also stayed in the campground behind the museum. It was ok,but the bathrooms and showers could use some work.

Visited July 2013
United States
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“We just don't get it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were interested to see Pioneer Village, but left wondering what the heck is this place. It does have a bunch of buildings filled with every collection imaginable. I guess to us it needs a MAJOR update. The displays seemed old and tired and for the price I wish we would have just driven on by. We usually enjoy places like this, but it just wasn't for us.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank travelchiks

Been to Pioneer Village? Share your experiences!