All reviewsroom was cleangreat pillowscomfortable hotelexercise roomnice staydesk clerkeggssausagesonjareceiptnepricingexpense
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family and I arrived Fri June 2nd on a Friday evening around 8:00 pm. There was no air conditioning in the lobby. 100 + degrees outside. The check in took almost 45 minutes with a line of other hot and tired travelers waiting to check in. We had a pretty good size storm come through that night so my husband went to ask the hotel clerk where to go in case of tornado. He said he didn't know, didn't know if there was a basement or not either (this is the same clerk that checked us in).
We awoke to find what looked like bullet holes in our curtains with rays of light coming through! See the picture for the full effect.

Room Tip: my tip would be to go elsewhere, the Chief Motel was where the locals told us to stay next time.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank winsmom1
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Shadiest and most classless people to EVER run a motel. This year marks the 3rd year in a row we have stayed here, with our room being paid for by the people we are in town to do business with. EVERY year they have tried to pull the 'We don't have your reservation and nobody has paid for your room." We have always seemed to miraculously get it figured out when I make a phone call to the people who have paid for the room.
This year, to hedge against this, the hotel staff made our reservation for a 2 night stay (I had never been in contact with them, or made an online reservation). When we show up on the day of the event to check-in, we are informed our reservation was cancelled because we didn't show up the previous day, and they are keeping the money for the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KALMLLC
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Read reviews before reserving a room there and I was unpleasently surprised. It was very warm in the lobby and when we got to our suite we discovered a room with two beds a microwave, card table with two chairs and a refrigerator. No sofa or love seat, no stuffed chair, just a bare room. The bathroom appeared to be clean, but the rest of the room was not well cleaned, dirt and dust in the corners. For the 'hot breakfast included' we had a waffle machine, but no plates big enough to put one on. We had sausage gravy, but no biscuts. I went to the front desk and informed them and was told there was bread in there. This was 7 in the morning. The entire facility was in need of repair, from the screens on the windows too the paint on the building. All this for $129. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KCMJR
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Have no fear people the wicked witch barb has left. Bev has replaced her and done a great job doing so. Rooms are good size and clean. They could use flat screens. Breakfast is average. Try it out

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank irishRover83
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I was looking for Sunday night lodging in McCook and found this Days Inn. On arrival, the desk person was friendly and helpful and I got the lst floor room I wanted. This Days Inn is like others, but there's nothing wrong with a successful formula. The room was clean, the TV was a flat screen and the room had both a fridge and microwave [which is esp. helpful if staying for more than one night or with family]. There is a pool and hot tub and exercise room, clean and well maintained. And coffee available on a table in the lobby. And a good free breakfast and free internet. Everything necessary for a weary traveler.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo