All reviewsroom was cleangreat pillowscomfortable hotelexercise roomnice staydesk clerkeggssausagesonjareceiptnepricingexpense
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in October and really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. We had a room on the second floor, which was quiet. There was a free breakfast available that was quite good. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

After reading reviews about having to deal with the manager, thought I would try this Days Inn. Room was clean, staff was pleasant, quiet room. On Monday, Halloween, staff was all dressed in costumes. No bad experiences at all. Nice stay and we will go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We read the reviews on this hotel and decided to give it a chance despite all of the negative that was said. Upon check in, we were greeted with three elderly ladies behind the desk. We paid, were given our keys, and went to the room. The total bill for one room came to nearly $92 which I feel is a bit steep for a hotel that is this run down. The carpet is worn, the walls are dirty, the bedspreads are dirty, the hot breakfast was very minimal and bare, the shower was DISGUSTING and didn't drain, there were gross brown spots on the bathroom walls which I can only assume is feces, the pool is COLD and dirty, and the cleaning ladies were not friendly at all. During my stay, we had a problem with the in-room safe, as well as the cleaning ladies and the manager, BARB. The cleaning ladies entered our room without permission at approximately 9 am when check-out isn't until 11 am. One of the cleaning ladies RAN INTO my mother with her cart and made my mother SPILL HER HOT COFFEE all over the front of herself! The cleaning lady did not even apologize! We had things stored in the in-room safe and weren't able to get the safe open when it was time to check out. Despite using the same code that we had used our entire stay, the safe would not open. The lady behind the desk was, again, an elderly lady and had no idea how to operate the safe. The manager, BARB, would not come into the hotel to help with the manner! The safes had apparently just been installed two days prior, and nobody had been properly trained on what to do if they happen to malfunction. I work as a nurse at a hospital, and we would never install equipment that we were not properly trained on!! I finally agreed to leave my stuff in the safe, because apparently the manager takes the weekends off, and I requested that the contents be mailed to me as I live 4 1/2 hours away and was not going to drive back and get my stuff because the employees are not competent enough to assist the guests with the in-room equipment. The manager, BARB, agreed to mail the contents to me, but only if I PAYED FOR THE SHIPPING!!! She was not going to pay for the shipping because it wasn't that the safe malfunctioned, it was that my children shouldn't have messed with it! She said, and I quote, "When I had children at home I made them listen!" How unbelievably rude!!!!! She insisted that it must have been one of my children who had messed with the safe, because surely it couldn't have malfunctioned!! She refused to pay for something that WE did! I was in shock! I could not believe that this person who was supposed to be in customer service was saying these things! I assured her that this was not going to be the first time one of her electronic safes malfunctions and that she should have staff on hand that are properly trained to deal with it! Even if she wasn't going to pay for the shipping of my things, she should have atleast discounted the room because of the cleaning lady running into my mom, the filthy shower that didn't drain, and the brown spots on the bathroom wall! She said that I could call the 800 number but that whe was going to tell her side too. Which, to me, sounds like she will deny deny deny. She still insists that she never said that about my children! She is a nasty lady! She has no people skills, and she should not be in customer service!!! The cleaning ladies were upstairs talking trash about my safe situation when I was leaving. Take my advice, and do not stay here! It costs too much and it clearly needs new management!

Room Tip: Just watch out for BARB!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lady_bug266
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Plain and simple. The staff if friendly, rooms are clean, probably could use an update. The sign the points to Truck/RV parking is hard to see at night, so if your driving a large vehicle or towing a trailer don't pull into the main parking lot, it is difficult to back out. The breakfast is lacking, but its free. There is a fast food joint right across the parking lot, and a bar just a couple of blocks (still walking distance) away. There is no ATM there, but another short walk across the street and there is a bank. There is a fitness center, but the YMCA is right up the street, I have not used the pool, but I am told that it is wet.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Arrived at hotel around 5p.m. Had rosery at 6:30, so not a lot of time in the room before we had to leave. Decent hotel upon arrival. Friendly staff, nice looking lobby. Got room# 119 was ok, noticed beverage rings on nightstand, no big deal, wiped them off and went on, noticed some crumbs on floor, no big deal. Bed was made and looked clean. Heater knob was broken, no big deal, had pliers in the car. Was in McCook for Grandmothers funeral, so really wasn't in the mood to complain. Got back to hotel around 10 p.m. and went to bed, didn't sleep well, probably due to the circumstances. Got up in the morning and went to make coffee, plugged in coffee pot, and noticed plug was coming out of wall, again no big deal, it worked. Went to take a shower and the shower handle popped off the faucet. THIS WAS A BIG DEAL!!! Immediately went to the front desk to notify them. Advised them my parents were in the next room, so we would just use their shower, desk clerk was friendly, and advised me she would have the mgr call me and we'd discuss a reduction in the bill, I thought everything would be taken care of. Well she (Barb Geisler) never called, so I called her. The fangs came out. She immediately said the reason the shower was broke was because I broke it, and if I didn't break it the cleaning crew would have noticed it. Which is exactly what we said when we noticed the shower was broken. I asked for a reduced bill and she advised me that "if I pay her plumbing bill she would reduce the room charge." She was very rude, unprofessional, unkind, and unapologetic. I had to go above her to corperate to resolve the situation. Just BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family