“Not your typical Holiday Inn Express ”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
“Not your typical Holiday Inn Express ”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel changed names the night we arrived to a University Inn. In a rougher part of town but walkable to Memorial Stadium and Haymarket. That is what we wanted so all good there (about 2 miles). Staff was really accommodating, even when we had no hot water Saturday morning! I mean, really? And the breakfast wasn't a Holiday Inn breakfast but it was still pretty decent. Breakfast burritos, sausage, eggs, yogurt, cereal, breads, fruit bowl, etc... I'd stay again if I had too but there are a few other hotels that, for a few bucks more,would be worth looking into

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel location is not my favorite....when I walk in the people were very friendly....the room was clean but the first impression of the dark and depressing lobby called my attention....The breakfast area was dark and look that the food was old...of course I had no breakfast there....they need to improve the look of the receiving area....

Room Tip: I dont remenber..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressBelmont, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review our hotel! I am sad to hear that you did have some issues with the lobby. We are doing everything in our power to make sure that each and every one of our guests has a GREAT stay! Please let us make this up to you on your next trip to Lincoln! Also, our staff will be happy to hear that you enjoyed them!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had begun planning 4 months in advance for a trip from the west coast to Nebraska to attend a wedding and family reunion. There were 6 adults and two children traveling in our group. Our existing hotel reservations (at another HI Express location and paid for with rewards points) were discovered to have been cancelled just a couple of days before the trip was to commence. We were able to rebook 3 rooms at the HI Express on Belmont in Lincoln, NE on fairly short notice. Once we arrived in Lincoln, the staff at the hotel took excellent care of our group. The hotel and all of it's facilities were clean, the rooms were comfortable, and the pool/hot tub area was well maintained. The front desk and housekeeping personnel were very attentive to our requests, and did a great job of working around our schedule. I would highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kent P
HIExpressBelmont, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Kent,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to post a review! I am very pleased to hear that your vacation didn't come to an abrupt end and that our staff was able to accommodate your family. It's guests like you that make our day and we'd love to see you again if you make it back to Lincoln!
Hooper, Utah
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We know we are going to get a clean room and bathroom every time with HIE. We decided there's not even a question as to where we will be staying the next 3 bigs to complete our trip. No funky smells. No obnoxious noises. Just peace of mind knowing my kids and I are in a clean place.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor on the end and next to the elevators. No noise problems.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressBelmont, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I will make sure to pass on to the employees that you enjoyed your stay! The greatest part of our day is hearing what a wonderful time our guests had at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lincoln! Thank you again!
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 14, 2013

While the great price will certainly attract any customer to this location there are many things that were not acceptable during this visit.

-The staff at the front desk use a sign that states they will be back in 10 minutes and to dial "0" for help. I saw this signed used a ALL times of the day. It was actually up more often than I saw a person.
-Dialing "0" seems to only get a busy signal. i mentioned this to the front desk when i checked it (Because no one was at the desk until I started to loudly say "Hello" to get someones attention at 9pm). This problem was an issue for the full 24 hours I was at this hotel. The issue was the same when dialing from my room.
-The breakfast was barely stocked. The food was at such a minimum I felt bad taking any because I wouldn't be able to leave anything for the person behind me.
-The shower hear was so covered with minerals that I felt very grossed out to take a show at this hotel.
-Lastly, I had a package left for me at the front desk. The night check in person could not find it. However, the morning person read the "Notes" in the system and found my package within seconds in the drawer at the register.

I feel like the worst thing about this hotel is they own another Holiday Inn Express within 5 miles of this one. I went to stay at that one because I could only stand 1 night at this hotel. The hotel on 26th street is nice and managed by the SAME company. So they do know HOW TO provide great service, they just choose not to do so at this location.

Room Tip: Visit another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We are very sad to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Here at the Holiday Inn Express, customer service is our number one goal. We take your comments very seriously and get any issues resolved right away. Please feel free to come back and see our progress next time you are in Lincoln!
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This appears to be an old hotel with a few updates and a shinny holiday inn express sign. Thinking of switching chains. The bathroom floor was sticky, carpet a bit dampish. The desk clerk was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear habbenb22,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.

I sincerely apologize for you did not find our hotel to your liking and deeply regret that we have failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The staff was very friendly. We stayed on July 3rd and people were lighting fireworks off right in the street right outside the hotel. The neighborhood seems a little rough. There are several restaurants within walking distance as well as a grocery store and many more within a short drive. I stay at Holiday Inn brand hotels across the country and this was far from the best, but their rates were a little better than others. The bathrooms in the rooms are very small and a bit dated. The pool and exercise areas were small and dated as well. Very strong chlorine. It was bothering my eyes and I never even got in the pool. I just sat outside the pool. We requested two adjoining rooms and were told ahead of time that is what we would get (two rooms with a connecting door). Instead we got two rooms next to one another, but not connected. Overall just very average. Front desk staff was very friendly, but I cannot say the same about the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressBelmont, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your response, at the Holiday Inn Express Belmont we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. With that being said, I was sad to hear that we did not meet up to your brand standards as far as being exceptional. We are reviewing your response and working our best to make sure your next visit is better than the last! Please feel free to come back and see us again!