“Good location for travelers passing thru”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #32 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Las Vegas, NV
“Good location for travelers passing thru”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Room was very modern - roman window shades a first for me in one of these properties. Clean, modern and comfortable. Close to airport and interstate which was perfect for my needs. A serviceable location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
holidayinnexpress11, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do appreciate your kind words and feedback.
Once again, thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had read the tripadvisor reviews but chose to stay here because of the very low number of reward points required.

When we checked in I asked if there were any upgrades available. The clerk asked what I meant by that, he'd never heard of upgrades. I cannot think I'm the first platinum priority member who has ever asked that question. And there was absolutely nothing done, said, or offered to acknowledge priority membership.

Other reviews mentioned the run-down condition of the rooms and the noisy plumbing. Please, take those comments to heart - - they could not be more accurate. The air conditioning system was extremely noisy and cycled on and off continually. Although our toilet did not run all night long, the one in the room next to ours did. We called the desk and asked to be moved but were told there were no other rooms available. The clerk said he had never heard so many people complaining about the plumbing and general condition of the property. I'm afraid I have to complain about the clerk, too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucyrus, KS
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is the only IHG property that I had not stayed in while in Lincoln, NE and It is now last on my list to come back to in the future. I am a Platinum member with IHG and stay at hotels 4 nights a week...so I see many hotels and I know what I like and don't like. When you walk into the hotel, it is very dark and seems very "outdated". The staff was friendly--but I was not offered an upgrade for being a Platinum member. There were no luggage carts when I checked in, so I went to dinner and when I got back there were still no luggage carts. After making two trips to the 2nd floor with luggage, I found an empty cart in the 2nd floor hallway. When I got to the room, it had a musty smell and the toilet ran every 15 minutes. I always like to exercise in the evening but the workout room had equipment so old that I didn't trust it. I chose this hotel because most of the hotels in town were sold out and this property had the best rate of those remaining. I guess if you are used to Best Westerns and just want a simple clean room with no amenites--this hotel will be fine....but I definitly expect better from Holiday Inn and IHG.

Room Tip: I don't think this hotel offers to many choices for better rooms. Told me they had no rooms wit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jburditt
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at 5 pm with the front desk lady telling us we have to wait bacause she's not sure if our room is ready. (take note: I booked 2 months in advance!) When we came in our room, the room smells weird, carpet damp, curtains dirty, bathroom has still hairs on the floor. We went to the pool and lo and behold that was the dirtiest hotel pool I have ever been to, lots of hair and dirt.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Icrbg,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the overall issues you had affected your stay negatively. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your experience. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The staff were nice. Otherwise, the experience was poor. Carpet in common areas, stairs and hallway, were as dirty as carpet can be. Room was tired. I don't know what other options exist in the area, but I would look for something else. My wife and kids were not comfortable with the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Jordan C,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the cleanliness of the common area and hallways. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
laguna beach, ca
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We planned to stop there on my mom's cross-country move. We were not dissapointed. Clean, nice front counter service and well-lit parking lot, which is important when your car is crammed full of your life! Good place to stop mid-journey!

Really good breakfast too - was not expecting that!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
holidayinnexpress11, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of our property!

We are very happy that everything was to your liking at our hotel!

Next time you are in the area-please do not hesitate to stay with us again!!

Thank you!

Frank C. Lrason
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Wow, Every time I stay at this motel the staff surprises me with even better service and hospitality!! They are dog friendly and even more than that they are dog LOVERS--makes travelling with a pet less of a hassle. They always go out of their way to make things as comfortable as possible for me--Sara at front desk is delightful. Amy the manager is great as well. Thanks again for a very enjoyable, relaxing weekend!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family