“Would definitely stay again”

Days Inn Lincoln South
Days Inn Lincoln South
Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
A TripAdvisor Member
“Would definitely stay again”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the low price and good reviews I'd read about it, even thought it was over 10 miles away from the area I was visiting. Employees were all very nice. I liked that I could park right outside my own door; made it easy to load and unload the car. Was nice and quiet; well away from road noise. We had a room on the back side of the building which made it even more quiet except for when a trash truck emptied a dumpster very early Saturday morning (no fault of the hotel's of course!) Bedframe was creaky and wasn't the most comfortable mattress, but had a good variety of types of pillows to choose from. Overall I liked the room; it was clean and had a microwave & refrigerator. Internet connection was a bit slow, but I was glad that it was offered there for free. Bath towels were very rough textured, but bathroom was also clean. Breakfast area was large and clean, too. Had decent choices of cereals, breads, and fresh fruits. I would definitely stay there again because the price was right and overall a good experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Madera, California
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We staryed here on a Wednesday night in Mid May 2012. The roomas were clean and the beds were comfortable. The building looks a little old, but everythng was nice. I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Trigobob
Superior, CO
Reviewed April 3, 2012

On a recent roadtrip we stayed here overnight. For our needs, it was just-about perfect: very quiet, **very** clean, comfy beds, good-sized bathroom. We loved that it's also a motel, meaning we could park right outside our room: our little kiddos were tired so it was lovely to park and easily unload. The front desk was exceptionally nice and told us they have a breakfast in the lobby. We didn't try it as there was another place in town we wanted to try (Engine Cafe), so I can't attest to it. It's a bit off the freeway (I-80), so that would be my only nit, but given the really low price, convenience and comfort the (~10 minute) drive was well worth it. Without hesitation I can recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room so you can park right outside your room and use its exterior door, like a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
abie, ne
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very comfortable, quiet room for a reasonable price. Bed/pillows were great. Owner is exceptionally friendly and helpful. For the price, you can't find a better place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Brownhills, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Nice guy on the front desk! Real friendly.

Everything clean and tidy, no issues in room or bathroom.
Really close to Subway & McDonalds and a short ride from Downtown Lincoln.

Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 123NeilyB
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I had to stay in Lincoln for just a night and this place was pretty nice for the buck. It was an older hotel with outside and inside entrances to each room, but overall very well kept and taken care of. The owner greeted me as I checked in and is very nice and all staff I talked to were very helpful and friendly. Overall, I wouldnt have stayed here for an extended stay but for the one night it was a great buy and just what I needed.

Room Tip: The area is not a bad part of town, but if you are a safety freak like me then you might want to ask...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Nice front desk clerk, very large rooms, neat and clean.

Room Tip: Close to interstate
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business