“Good price, nice room. No pool though.”

Magnuson Hotel Lincoln Airport
Ranked #49 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Denver, Colorado
“Good price, nice room. No pool though.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place is a little hard to find....not sure how long its been a HJ but the sign is a temporary wrap. It looks like the whole place is in some sort of transition. Pool is drained so if you want a pool this is not the place. My room was very nice with fridge and microwave which I was not expecting. There are not many resturants other than a few fast food places off this exit. I had to pay the pet fee with cash- they would not accept credit card for this. Good thing I had cash on me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
LincolnNeChumber, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lincoln Airport, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
thanks, we are working on pool issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wyoming
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We checked into our room and there was food in the garbage can and a dirty washclothe in the shower. The toilet was not clean either. Staff at the desk was pleasant. Need to work on maintaining the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank coldpony
I am sorry about your experience, our check in time is 3pm and you arrived early due to full house we did not have you rooms ready yet.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Travel through Lincoln back and forth. Made a reservation with a confirmation. When arrived in the middle of the night with children, hotel overbooked and turned away! Offered us a "free" night a week later for our return and once again this hotel overbooked and we had to find last minute room reservations somewhere else. Staff was rude, inconsiderate and often lie. I would never ever stay here or offer my credit card to this hotel.

Room Tip: Tip for choosing a good room is "find a different hotel"
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank callthewolfe
LincolnNeChumber, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lincoln Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
I appericate your review on this matter due to it give me chance to let others know also, when you book reservations with any hotel you have choice to etiher guarantee with your credit card or you may hold the room at 4pm hold policy. only down side of 4pm hold is, if you do not show up by 4pm you may not have room.

if you are booking thru priceline or booking.com please call the hotel if you have resversation. there has been glicth in their system where many other hotel has issues with.

Bob Chumber, GM
Mansfield, SD
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel, according to the manager I was "that guy who keeps causing issues", from the previous review made by Kelsey R. We were very unhappy with our stay, mainly of the customer service provided by the general manager, Levonne. She was not accomodating to us at all, we booked rooms online through Wyndham and when we checked in they changed our room type from a double to a single. She also called Kelsey's work, and harrassed her boss about our family; how we were so rude and demanding, and was complaining to Kelsey's boss when he knew nothing about our family vacation let alone our stay at the Howard Johnson. When Levonne, the GM called Kelsey to resolve this issue she continued to show no customer service what so ever. She accused us of harassing her by commenting on Tripadvisor about our stay at her property, which is our right as unhappy guest at her property. She was going to give us our money back, but then at the end of the conversation said that since we wrote a bad review on her and her property on Tripadvisor that she wasn't going to make it right with us, and then hung up the phone.
I have never been treated so poorly by someone who we gave our business too. We have family in Nebraska, and plan on making more trips back, but will never stay with her at that property again.
Hotel overall was decent. Like said, its in the middle of remodeling, but I would rather stay at a Motel and feel appreciated for our business, then in a 5 star hotel and feel like an inconvinence to the staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tony S
, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lincoln Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
You need to talk to Kelsi you have had some refund that was worked out with Wyndham who thought we were very generous in our offer. I do apologize for your stay but I have gone above and beyond for this group and you continue to harrass myself as well as other staff members. Thank you for your response. LaVonne Brainerd
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here while relocating. Nice and CLEAN rooms. Hallways smelled and looked clean. GREAT price. And to make it better is the staff. Everybody that is employed is ALWAYS friendly!!!! The front desk attendents/manager was always smiling and VERY polite!!! Housekeeping had my room spotless.....left exrtra when I asked and are very polite as well.

• Stayed June 2012
brainerdly, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lincoln Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Please at anytime please let us know if we can make your stay better in anyway,. Thank you, LaVonne Manager
Chicago
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Checked in last night. Staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Got to my room and WOW, new carpet, beds and linens. Best Hojo I have ever stayed in. Will be back soon.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review and we are so happy you stopped to see us and please come by anytime. LaVonne
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Manager at this hotel was very rude to my family and I. We were in town for a family reunion, so I had booked 6 rooms all under my name and CC online through Wyndham. When we arrived, they already has us checked in, so my card was authorized on all 6 rooms for 3 nights each, taking money from my account and resulting me in over drafting. I tried explaining that I wasnt paying for all rooms that each family was using their own form of payment the manager was upset that it caused her and her FD staff more work to change the payments. When we were checked in at 4:30 4 of the 6 rooms were dirty, not cleaned by housekeeping, so we SAT outside our room in the hallways for 45 mins while they cleaned our rooms. Also, we booked 6 double beds online, when we checked in two of the rooms the staff changed to single beds becuase they were over booked at their property, so my 11 year old sister ended up sleeping on the floor all 3 nights. When my husband approached the manager to see if there was anthing they could do about it, she said "are you really going to be that guy who keeps causing issues? You can leave and I'll sell your room for 100 dollars a night." like it was our fault they screwed up our reservations.
Rooms do not have a tub..showers only...make it impossible for our nieces and nephews to have baths every night. The 1 year old had to be washed in the sink.
Breakfast was shabby, to say the least. Pool was closed. Overall I wouldnt mind staying there again, the hotel its self inside is very clean but out dated. HOWEVER due to the absolute rudeness of the manager and front desk staff I would not reccommend staying there and being treated like crap and feeling like their screw up was all our fault. The manger made no effort to be accomodating or friendly at all, we were obvisouly an inconvience to her. We were the guest and everyone in my family felt unwanted and not welcomed at all. Will NEVER be back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms dont have bathtubs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelsey R
, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lincoln Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I am sorry about your credit card but when rooms are held on a credit card and you beeing a employee you should know about authorize the credit cards many hotels do it in the early morning on the day of arrival. Your family was just checking in and you were with them you did not tell us anything until we were half done checking you all in then you said oh each is paying their own. When you made your reservations you did not tell us you were not paying for all the rooms. You were on a employee rate through Wyndum and you know that you cannot have more then 2 rooms under the employee rate. And with you being the Employee we would always assume you would take care of the bill. I did not say we would sell your rooms but I did say that you know as well as I know that you were doing things against company policy. We had been full house all week due to the college world series and many other events, you had one room that they were just putting towels into and that family member came down demanding a free room for his room not being ready and I did say if you want to check out you are welcome to do so. Again I do apologize for the credit card we never charged your card but with the preauthorization it does hold up your money. thank you