“Clean, dog friendly, decent price.”

Magnuson Hotel Lincoln Airport
Ranked #46 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Pretty much said it all....
My room, hall, and lobby were clean and comfortable. Rooms are not large, but what do i need for a "sleep stay" hotel.
Paid a very acceptable price and a small fee for my dog.
Mattress was firm, with a soft top. (I'm the type who does a bedbug check before deciding to stay in a hotel...both online and under the mattress)
Microwave and mini fridge in room.

Basic free breakfast.

Keeping this place on my list of "sleep stay" places.

Room Tip: Room 124 (or 127? ...better ask) is the accessible room with the larger bathroom, and a quick turn t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This review is mixed. Hotel hallways smelled clean and looked clean. Our room however had a foul odor. I had to place coffee pods into the heater to try and make it tolerable. It helped a little but the room still stank. When I told the night clerk after checking in of the issue she just shrugged her shoulders and said 'E-ewe.'

I took a sleeping pill so I could sleep through the odor and did have a good nights sleep.

My husband and I also questioned whether the sheets were clean and freshly changed out for us. They did not smell fresh and were very loosely fitted like sheets that have been slept on. I'm sure it would not have mattered if I raised that concern with the front desk. She would have just said that they were changed that day. We brought in our own pillows, which we forgot there,

The rooms were well supplied.

Upon checking out, the front desk asked us about the smell. I confirmed with her that it stunk. She asked if we wanted a discount for the room. Why not just give us a discount? If you have to ask us if we want a discount why not just give us a discount. I should have said, yes, since she was offering, but I told her I was able to sleep through the night and left it at that. I thought I would find a surprise on my American Expresss bill of a discount anyway, but, no, I did not.

Room Tip: Decent hotel if you avoid room 113. Not in a location of any quality restaurant. An older Perkins...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at this place before when it was sleep inn few times now howard johnson great location, breakfast and clean rooms at affordable price. front desk staff is friendly. wifi works great I would stay again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Not bad for the price, but not good either. Would recommend if your only purpose was a place to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank cygasman
Reviewed October 14, 2008

wireless internet did not work for the entire 3 days I stayed there.

was overcharged for the room; several attempts to contact the general manager and reconcile the charge were blatantly ignored.

it's a clean room for a cheap price and you can have free doughnuts and coffee in the morning, but I won't stay there again...

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BerthaB
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Clean, quiet, good pool. A newer hotel located far enough from I-80 that it was quiet. This is the second time we stayed there and found it to be good value. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2007

We were very pleased with the motel. The rooms were efficiently planned and furnished. There is no bathtub, but a very large and comfortable shower in the room. Everything was clean as a whistle and the beds were very firm yet comfortable. The linens were just fine (I'm surprised by the reaction of a previous reviewer...) and the entire family loved the pool. It is large and warm. The pool is outside, which we prefer in the summertime.
We ordered out pizza and had a nice little party by the pool. Speaking of food, the breakfast was very good. There were hard boiled eggs, waffles you can make yourself, oranges, bananas, cereals, juice, coffee, bagels, etc. The hotel was full but there was no line yet plenty of empty tables at 8 in the morning.
Furthermore, all staff members were very pleasant and friendly.
The hotels in this area form a somewhat strange neighborhood - just hotels, gas stations, and a couple of fast food places spawned by the nearby airport. We took a walk around the area at night and it seemed very safe.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)