“Run away!!! Don't Stay”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #51 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were traveling home from a funeral in Minnesota. Normally we review hotels but we have never had a bad experience with any of the Choice Hotels. This was a nightmare! Non-Refundable. Elevator was nasty, and then the hall had walls with the wallpaper missing, poor patch jobs, stained carpet. Not to mention the doors that looked like they had been kicked in. We were so tired, by husband said we have never had a bad stay at a Quality, it will be ok - trying to say maybe they had a water leak or something......well the room was no better. The chairs were very stained, along with the bedding. The smoke detector was not on all the way - we didnt see a battery and it was covered in mold or fly crap. The food had to be served in bar as the restaurant was no longer used. Hamburgers were alot smaller then the bun, chili dog had nasty old chili and the pop was 90% carbon. We were so exhausted we slept in our clothes on top of the covers till early am....sleep was so restless not really worth it but we had our grand daughter with us. Mgmt told Choice Hotels the building was under remodel - but I am tossing the BS card down on that one. it is a nasty old run down motel. For spending almost $200 with two rooms and food - we were offered $20 back on each room. What a joke. Choice offered me the equivelant to the majority of one room and said the regional manager will take this serious and taken care of, but after reading all of these reviews - I seriously doubt anything will be done.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 12, 2012

As a family that travels often we have become Choice Hotel members thus discounts and free nights along with other points and incentives motivated us to do so. Last weekends UNL football game was our reason for the visit,let me just say this DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!! Rooms outdated,dirty blankets on beds,moldy bath tiles&ceilings,water soaked carpet,stained or dirty sheets and towels,appliances covered with food or drink stains and smuged with fingerprints,breakfast food was stale and even the hot items tasted tainted reheated and old,unprofessional management and desk clerks,vulgar conversations loudly expressed between the employees,reeked of weed all over the building,cig buts blanket the grounds,drug dealers approached my 17 year old son on the elevator offering drugs and prostitutes expressing these were available on site fifth floor if interested! IM DISGUSTED SHOCKED AND DISAPPOINTED WITH CHOICE! We checked out immediately once my son informed us of his encounter on the elevator and went to another hotel. My husband called the authorities once we were safe away from that brothel. Management/Owners should be ashamed of themselves,they must know this is occuring or if not they must be legally blind.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank candice_glass
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for about 3 weeks only because our company goes with the LOWEST bidder on lodging contract. But i would NEVER recommend this place to anyone!! Its the one of the worst places i have stayed.. it Needs a renovation, The internet is absoulutey HORRIBLE and when the front desk bimbo was asked about it she could give 2 *****s less she was more worried about texting her friends. There is working women in and out of the place, the "bar" is dirty, and like another review said there is undesirables living in the place.. Police were there a few times during my stay.
If the place would get rid of those people living there and get some new managment that would do its job, it might not be a bad place after a remodel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank That G
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I read reviews after we were here and confirmed that the pot smell in the hallway, the building looking like it was going to tear down inside, beds in the hallway, and many sketchy residents that live there are true. I'm not even picky, I just want a clean and safe place to stay. It was also pricy for a piece of poop. I don't know why management would let this go on. My husband booked this hotel and was upset he did not look up the reviews before. It's so dirty that I lost my. appetite for the complementary breakfast. Ps we left and paid for another hotel since we did not feel safe.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Travel3312
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot for business and stay at a variety of hotels. Picked this one due to a low rate and familiarity wih the chain. This is one of the worst Choice Hotels I've stayed in. Embarrassment to the chain.

I should stress that the staff was in no way culpable for this review. This hotel is just a run-down, dirty affair.

The common areas were very date and featured worn and stained carpets, chipped paint, ancient elevators, and a host of other delights. Well, you don't stay in the dingy hall or the chippd filthy elevator, so how are the rooms?

I had hope upon seeing the room. The bedroom was clean and well-kept, if a bit aged and worn. The shock came when I visited the bathroom. Serious stains on the ceiling tiles, mildewed grout, half-washed toilet bowl, and some interesting hair on the tile wall awaited me there. It's time for Choice Hotels to refurb this site.

Spend the extra ten bucks for the other Choice Hotel on 27th street. You get what you pay for.

I didn't try the breakfast or the sports bar attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were in Lincoln for a funeral and had reserved another motel for 3 nights, but when my sister showed us this hotel, we immediately changed our location.

Margaret, the Grand Dame of the hotel, was more helpful than anybody I can remember in any other hotel. She, and her workmate Katie, shuffled and dug and shuffled some more and found 3 rooms for us very close to the rest of our family. And this was the weekend of Nebraska Cornhuskers opening game, there was a wedding reception, car racing people and a gathering of railroad people all staying over the weekend, so they really had to work hard. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Some of the other reviews have some merit (peeling wallpaper, noisy A/C unit, etc.), but our experience and the experience of our 8 rooms of family were mostly positive. They are slowly updating the hotel which could account for some of the negative reviews. The TV in our room was replaced with a brand new flat screen the morning we arrived, so I know they are working on it.

The breakfast was awesome! I think the breakfast area used to be a restaurant because it is laid out very nicely. The food is above the standard hotel fair, Waffles that you cook, pastries, yogurt, bacon, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. and they have a staff of people to attend to your needs. Very, very nice! As a matter of fact, this was the best part of our weekend.

The location is good, the rooms were quiet, the beds comfortable and we didn't experience any of the bad stuff that others are claiming.

The grievance rate was much more than fair, just when we needed it most. The breakfast, however, made the whole stay wonderful.

Thank you Margaret and the rest of the staff. You made it all work for us.

Room Tip: We were in room 226, on the north side. Poor view, but very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A bit disappointing as it is old and needs serious renovation, but if you use the Coupon books you find at rest stops along I-80, you can get a pretty good deal here. I made my higher room-rate reservation with Choice Privileges, then presented the coupon and they honored it. Really great hot breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausage, gravy and biscuits, along with all the other cereal, yogurt, fruit and juice you'd expect... more than you can eat! So with the breakfast, the discount, and the very friendly and helpful staff, they somewhat made up for the otherwise poor ratings you find at this dumpy, frumpy property. There was an ant crawling on my bedsheet, which is why I rated "poor" for cleanliness and rooms, and "terrible" for room service. Oh yeah, and there is also an outdoor pool that was freezing, but refreshing on a very hot and muggy Lincoln summer day. I met some nice people here, so its true you can make a negative into a positive experience.

Room Tip: Use the coupon book from I-80 truck stops and rest areas to save here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo